Fates New 3DS XL announced for America + DLC news

Shadow Stalker X

Well, dammit. I had just gotten a Hyrule 3DS this past Christmas... Of course, I'm much more concerned about wanting the Special Edition (or the Limited Edition, failing that)...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey look it's another new 3ds xl that I won't buy...... I am good with my black new 3ds xl. Design is whatever, but it looks nice.

Edited by Radiance

its pretty but i want the pokemon (or Isabelle) one more. Pokemon one mostly because its NORMAL sized. Sorry, but not everyone has huge meaty claws they use to grip things. XLs are too big. If i get an XL, that one with Happy Home Designer is screaming at me. It would be neat to have an FE one but alas....that beast is gonna sell out really fast.

Looks like the DLC is cheaper in America, if you buy the bundle. In Japan it's 2900 yen to get everything, which is about 25USD compared to the 18USD here. Since they only mentioned 11 maps, I wonder if we won't see any more Fates DLC. We haven't had anything since October.

its pretty but i want the pokemon (or Isabelle) one more. Pokemon one mostly because its NORMAL sized. Sorry, but not everyone has huge meaty claws they use to grip things. XLs are too big. If i get an XL, that one with Happy Home Designer is screaming at me. It would be neat to have an FE one but alas....that beast is gonna sell out really fast.

The one with Happy Home Designer is a New 3DS standard.

I'm severely disappointed by the lack of retro Charizard faceplates for this Fire Emblem 3DS

I already pre-ordered the Pokemon New 3DS, I wish I could say this gets me as hyped as that did.

Looks like the DLC is cheaper in America, if you buy the bundle. In Japan it's 2900 yen to get everything, which is about 25USD compared to the 18USD here. Since they only mentioned 11 maps, I wonder if we won't see any more Fates DLC. We haven't had anything since October.

As the main site says, its labeled "Map Pack 1", and with many skill scrolls unreleased, we're most likely going to see more DLC. We'll get there eventually.

Ahhh! I just pre-ordered the Pokemon 20th Anniversary New 3DS today and a couple hours later I find out about this.

I feel like this is the universe throwing one more curveball right at the Fire Emblem fanatics' faces.

Universe: "There's only 1 month left until Fates is officially out. Aren't you excited! Know what would make your struggle even better. How about a brand new New 3DS with a bunch of swirls and other silly designs on it that the fans will eat right up, apparently? Oh, do you already own a New 3DS or have a different one on pre-order that you don't want to cancel because losing that $25 minimum isn't worth it? * trollface * Well, too bad."

So. Why do we need to pre-order DLC.

Can't uhh.

Can't we just buy it like we did in Awakening?

Is it cheaper? I really don't know. Maybe as a bundle there's a discount.

I looked to see if it qualified for the amazon prime 20% bonus and then decided to wait when it didn't.

Ahhh! I just pre-ordered the Pokemon 20th Anniversary New 3DS today and a couple hours later I find out about this.

I feel like this is the universe throwing one more curveball right at the Fire Emblem fanatics' faces.

Universe: "There's only 1 month left until Fates is officially out. Aren't you excited! Know what would make your struggle even better. How about a brand new New 3DS with a bunch of swirls and other silly designs on it that the fans will eat right up, apparently? Oh, do you already own a New 3DS or have a different one on pre-order that you don't want to cancel because losing that $25 minimum isn't worth it? * trollface * Well, too bad."

Nah, you made the right choice.

Judging by Fates's success, FE will keep going and going. There'll be more 3DSes. Pokemon will only have a 20th Anniversary once. That's ample reason to pick the RB 3DS over the Fates XL. Always remember, anniversaries mean everything, such as last year being Thomas's 70th Anniversary. It's actually really sad to know that it's over.

Damnit, it's only the XL version.

I'd like to upgrade to a N3DS, but I would much prefer the standard size.

This. At first I did seriously consider getting it (because "oooo shiny" and I don't have a n3ds), but after about an hour I came back to my original get-a-standard-eventually decision over it.

Does anyone even know if there is any significant performance increases with a n3ds over a regular?