FE4 Advance - R.I.P.

Arch

how will the secret events such as Lex,s Hero Axe and Dew's wind sword goingt to be implemented?

Also, will be including fog of war?

Edited by Sophius

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how will the secret events such as Lex,s Hero Axe and Dew's wind sword goingt to be implemented?

Also, will be including fog of war?

The secret events will work as they always have. And yes, there will be Fog of War.

I've got a question for the others who've played FE4. Does anyone know if there's a way to pass Chapter 4 without Dew? He's needed to put the drawbridge down so the army can advance to the northern castle. I'm currently mapless so I've been taking time to plan out the rest of the first generation and this came to mind during my write-up for Chapter 11 (the original Chapter 4).

yes you can but it involves traversing mountains and decreased movement :awesome:

this hack is gonna be amazing

Edited by Archsage17

Alright. I think it's wrong to punish the player like that for letting one character die. I'll try to figure out a way to make Dew less critical to the chapter. Oh, I guess I'll post an update since I'm here. Chapter 5 is 100% complete.

This is a screenshot from the ending scene (hooray for epic Zane).

zane.png

And here are some more screenshots of what I've been up to.

hyaa.pngmorons.pngdescriptions.png

New Sword Armor animation has been inserted. Imported the FE8 fields palette, if you noticed that then I give you props (you've got good eyes). And then we have some boss descriptions (I swear, I only have fun with the minor bosses that don't matter at all).

Edited by General Archibald

I looked around, but I don't think it was stated. How is promoting working? I'd assume your tossing items, but then how would that work?

I haven't quite figured that out yet. I remember Nintenlord fiddling with auto-promotion but failing. That would be cool but if it doesn't work out we will have promotion items (just Master Seals though).

I've been wondering, is Arden actually good this time?

His growths have been completely overhauled, he is no longer statistically-challenged. Will his new stats make him more useful? That's definitely up to the player. But there's something else in-game that makes him very useful (not telling though).

Edited by General Archibald

Level doesn't reset upon promotion, works just like FE4's system (except you would have to use a Master Seal).

Eh... Personally, I'm not too fond of the FE8 palette. It doesn't feel dark enough for FE4, at least not to me. If not the the darkness, then it's the cyan grass that's making it look off. Something like what Superluigi is/was doing for his one "sequel" to FE4 looks more akin to the feel of the original, IMHO.

The new screenshots look nice, though seeing Arden brings a random thought: Are you planning on sticking to the stats of the old-style Slim Sword or the newer-style Slim Sword? (If you're at liberty to say.)

I've got a question for the others who've played FE4. Does anyone know if there's a way to pass Chapter 4 without Dew? He's needed to put the drawbridge down so the army can advance to the northern castle. I'm currently mapless so I've been taking time to plan out the rest of the first generation and this came to mind during my write-up for Chapter 11 (the original Chapter 4).

I don't think there is a way. If Dew is dead as well as Claude then your f***ed. I always had Dew a Thief Fighter by this time so he never died for me.

You can move your foot/promoted mounted units through the central mountains. I've always done that since I didn't know the drawbridge could be lowered.

EDIT

I see it was already answered.

Edited by VincentASM

Eh... Personally, I'm not too fond of the FE8 palette. It doesn't feel dark enough for FE4, at least not to me. If not the the darkness, then it's the cyan grass that's making it look off. Something like what Superluigi is/was doing for his one "sequel" to FE4 looks more akin to the feel of the original, IMHO.

The new screenshots look nice, though seeing Arden brings a random thought: Are you planning on sticking to the stats of the old-style Slim Sword or the newer-style Slim Sword? (If you're at liberty to say.)

I'm sorry Glenn, I somehow overlooked your post! Although I agree that the FE8 palette is not ideal, it is far better than anything FE7 had to offer. It looks closer to FE4's colors and doesn't clash with the project's graphics as much (which was the biggest motivation). However, I am always open for improvements. I will look into what Superluigi did and see if I can do something similar (or ideally, use his since that would be far easier for me).

I don't see how Arden's screenshot would have provoked that very random thought. However, I have decided that making a Slim Sword stronger than an Iron Sword makes little sense. I will be using the newer-style Slim Sword stats.

I'm sorry Glenn, I somehow overlooked your post! Although I agree that the FE8 palette is not ideal, it is far better than anything FE7 had to offer. It looks closer to FE4's colors and doesn't clash with the project's graphics as much (which was the biggest motivation). However, I am always open for improvements. I will look into what Superluigi did and see if I can do something similar (or ideally, use his since that would be far easier for me).

I don't see how Arden's screenshot would have provoked that very random thought. However, I have decided that making a Slim Sword stronger than an Iron Sword makes little sense. I will be using the newer-style Slim Sword stats.

Since Arden starts with an Iron Sword in (regular) FE4, the Slim Sword is a natural upgrade to what he has available at the beginning, especially if you're only kind of using him. Hence what prompted the question. XD (With the added weapon availability granted by the newer engine (trading and such), I figured as much, but it never hurts to ask.)

And, since he's kinda stopped working on that project in favor of the FE6 remake, he might let you use the palette. Granted, I don't know how many of the map palettes he changed, but the few that were showcased looked quite nice.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Since Arden starts with an Iron Sword in (regular) FE4' date=' the Slim Sword is a natural upgrade to what he has available at the beginning, especially if you're only kind of using him. Hence what prompted the question. XD (With the added weapon availability granted by the newer engine (trading and such), I figured as much, but it never hurts to ask.)

And, since he's kinda stopped working on that project in favor of the FE6 remake, he might let you use the palette. Granted, I don't know how many of the map palettes he changed, but the few that were showcased looked quite nice.[/quote']

Ah, that makes much more sense now. XD Fortunately for Arden he now starts with an Iron Blade. Arden can two round any generic enemy in the Prologue and take minimal damage. He's excellent for weakening enemies or finishing them. I promise, he's much more useful this time (FE4-style Slim Sword or not).

I will definitely look into this palette thing. I just looked at them and I find them very fitting.