FE4 Advance - R.I.P.

Arch

I'm sure your kindergarten teacher gave you an A+ on your report card for effort, but the truth is that no one is absolved from criticism just because he does something for (apparently) no reward. If Arch wants to share his creation with us, we'd expect that it'd damn well be a good product. If I volunteer to shelf books at a library and placed them with no apparent order, I am not free from admonishment just because I am working for free.

Myself and others have put a lot of work into this, just this week I've spent every day building new chapters, beta testing everything, fixing every little glitch, you name it and I've been doing it. I don't let anything go by, I am very meticulous. If those efforts aren't good enough for you then I have a solution: don't play the hack. I'm quite happy with the product that is coming together and I'm certain others will be as well. I'm trying to create a professional quality game with a team of...about seven people. I'm sorry if our work isn't up to par with teams of several thousand, all of whom have degrees, careers, and incomes in the game making industry; I truly am.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and others have put a lot of work into this, just this week I've spent every day building new chapters, beta testing everything, fixing every little glitch, you name it and I've been doing it. I don't let anything go by, I am very meticulous. If those efforts aren't good enough for you then I have a solution: don't play the hack. I'm quite happy with the product that is coming together and I'm certain others will be as well. I'm trying to create a professional quality game with a team of...about seven people. I'm sorry if our work isn't up to par with teams of several thousand, all of whom have degrees, careers, and incomes in the game making industry; I truly am.

Ach you don't to mind his comments. If the majority of people here apreciate what you do, then what's the point of worring about one complainer. We know it's HARD making a hack to the level it is now. Hell all I can do is use Nightmare, credit goes to you guys, and some text hacks with the Anti-Huffman patch, again credit goes to all of you. The guy is just critizing and he won't be the first or last.

B) Also, is there going to be a demo for prologue coming out soon. Your killing me with the anticipation! If I could help I would, I have time but no skills.

Arch my man.

We know what we're doing is tight. And right. And we won't fight. Even at the sight. Of someone who might. Criticize all night. We won't hear his plight. Even if he bites. Someday, he'll see the light.

Good luck Arch.

Stop that rhyming, I really mean it!

Anybody wanna peanut?

In all seriousness, I'm behind you 100%. Don't like the gaiden, then skip it. Good luck~

Just a few things, that gaiden chapter is missing the conversation Elthsahn has with Lachesis. And also, in FE4, the ally(green) units moved before the enemy units. This means if you change things mechanic around along with making a wider choke point/ placing Elliot in the middle/back the scene wouldn't be as short. Also, Another thing you could do is make a very long map, and have half of Elliots troupes attempt of defeat elthsahn while having Elliot take the other half of his army and capture Evans. In order to make the chapter beatable you could either A.) give Ellito and his knights 1-2 less move than normal or B.) make Sigurd command a couple units to stay behind and watch the castle (this would be acheivable by making these units green units for the chater that don't move.) You'd probably want to use characters that the person playing the game is unlikely to use(like Adan or alec) so they are forced to train them. Another thing is that you probably want to offer an item as compensation for playing the chapter (like a stat booster/unique staff/sum of gold.)

Also, how will Holyn be recruitable?

Edited by Sophius

That's a good point. How will you get Holyn? I'd suggest putting an Arena in the chapter with a house next to it, but I dunno...

Edited by Lightning

My guess is that it would be an event similar to the one used to recruit Karla.(this hack is based off FE7's ROM coding right?) The most likely example would be if Ayra must be, say, level 10 or higher and survive a round with Holyn. The scenario could be a Gaiden chapter after Herheim is captured.

Edited by Sophius

Why Ayra, though? There's not much of a connection between the two (yeah, I know the whole childhood friends thing, but still). I think a house would work best.

Ayra because she is his most likely pairing(As in if Holyn is to be paired up, Ayra is his most probable suittor. Ayra's most probable suitor is Lex)/ childhood friends/ they share holy blood. Its not like a situation like that would be new to FE4 ie. Azel and Aideen.

The Karla idea is alright, but maybe lower the level Ayra needs to be if you go that route. Ayra comes at level 4, and getting her 6 levels in that one part might be a bit too much. As for recruiting Ayra, will it be like Douglas in FE6? You need to keep her alive before you finish that chapter, and then she joins you in the next?

Also, how is the Arena getting put in? Is it going to be just a normal GBA Arena, or can you make it the way it is in FE4? If you can't, personally I would advise you to simply not put an Arena in at all.

I assumed she started at Level 6. My mistake.

Even if the arena must be like the GBA arena, they can still be implemented in limited turn chapters. My guess is that you have to talk to Ayra after killing the boss guarding the castle.

As you guys can see I've been keeping myself busy.

ch3title.pngworrywart.pngbastard.pngch4title.pngdaddysboy.pngohshit.pngch5tit.pnglevin.pngbeowulf.pngluckyducky.png

The first two images contain clues (yay). If someone can guess what I've done then I will reveal it. Chapter 3 is the second half of the original Chapter 1.

I've already figured out Holyn's recruitment and I quite like it. Initially I was going for a Karla-like recruitment, however another idea hit me. It reminds me somewhat of Shinon's second recruitment in FE9.

Edited by General Archibald

I take it you've changed the Bard's in-game sprite, so no freezes? And this is just a personal thing for me. Sylvia stuck me more as Lalum-Tethys style dancer, not Ninian style dancer.

I actually haven't gotten around to changing map sprites yet. That's probably something I'll end up doing down the road. And yes, no freezes when Levin attacks.

Doesn't Elliot look a little too old? I know he's ugly but he's supposed to be around Eltshan and Lachesis's age. Also he's missing his smug expression and has eyebrows.

Elliot.gif

His FE4 portrait looks young, unattractive, but young. Sorry I'm being all nitpicky about a minor boss.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

The first two images contain clues (yay). If someone can guess what I've done then I will reveal it. Chapter 3 is the second half of the original Chapter 1.

I'm gonna take a crack at it! Um...The "sir sigurd we've been looking for you all night" thing reminds me of the FE4 manga's text and general scenario...Is that what you are doing? Are you adding some scenes from the manga into the new game? ( If so then suh-weet, i'm loving that manga!...Credits to tomoyo and team for translating it)

Well in any case looks like it's moving right along! I can't wait for the finished product! Are you going to be releasing the first gen then the completed second? ( Just wondering.)

Also are we gonna have other extra chapters like Eltshan's? Perhaps you could make one on byron fighting langobalt and reptor or something? ( You know when he gets attacked or whatever by them, to give some insight on it.)

Right-o.........Later!

-Eriad-

If Chapter 3 is the second half of the original Chapter 1, then Chapter 2 must be added content of some kind... (Unless Gaiden 1 = Chapter 2, and then Chapter 3 should really be denoted as Chapter 2...) A chapter devoted to allowing you to get Holyn (since you mention it's like Shinon, I'd guess that Holyn would be the boss and when you defeat him, he joins you for the conclusion of FE4!Ch. 1.)?

You've also got a script typo in Shagaal's text. It's missing a "done" from the second sentence.

I'm digging the progress though.

Edited by Lord Glenn

I'm gonna take a crack at it! Um...The "sir sigurd we've been looking for you all night" thing reminds me of the FE4 manga's text and general scenario...Is that what you are doing? Are you adding some scenes from the manga into the new game? ( If so then suh-weet, i'm loving that manga!...Credits to tomoyo and team for translating it)

High five dude, excellent job.

titlech2.pngstarleia.pngaww.png

Obviously the scenario has been extended to include enemies (because it would be a boring chapter without them). Hopefully there will be more new content to come.

Glenn, good try. The Holyn thing was mentioned because some above posters were talking about how he would be recruited.

I'm guessing that Holyn has a Shinon-style recruitment in that you have to talk to him, then kill him with a certain someone?

Edited by Camtech

I love the Portraits!!! Manfloy is the only one who needs to look older and scarier. Also I'm loving the addition of the manga plots that weren't in the game.

He's actually going to be the only "Harold." I gave spriters the freedom to design new bosses to replace the old clones. But, I am glad that you're looking forward to playing.

Yay i got it right! Whoo hoo! Any how that's really cool that your deciding to add scenes from the manga into the game. Will you be adding all of the scenes onto the game from the manga or just the ones that really help the plot advance? ( It'd be sweet to add the scene from the manga when cuan fights trabant in the original chapter 3...)

(Could you possibly upload a new updated official mug sheet, it's been years since i've seen a new one and i'd like to help out some, even if it's just for the bosses at this point.)

Well in any case this looks pretty sick and getting cooler by the second! Keep up Arch and Co., We're rooting for you!

-Eriad-

He's actually going to be the only "Harold." I gave spriters the freedom to design new bosses to replace the old clones. But, I am glad that you're looking forward to playing.

... No more 7 Harolds?

*cries*

Nah JK.