FE4 Advance - R.I.P.

Arch

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for reporting those problems, I'll look at them when I get back from my break. And don't worry there will be FE4 Music a plenty however music hacking isn't something we were really prioritizing for this, we wanted to get it out before people declared the project dead and forgot about it. I think the decrease in difficulty comes from the lower number of enemies, don't worry this is also something I'm addressing when I return from my break.

Of course I can't download this yet. It releases the day dad is setting up my laptop, and is sending stuff from my computer to the laptop so I can't sue it. Now everything's there, so I can't download anything else on here. D:

Alright well,I downloaded the demo,and the UPS patcher,but when i tried to patch it like it said in the Read me,it said to go to the section

"Use an existing file"So i did that,then it said the UPS checksum was invalid...why is this not working?

I believe the readme said if that happened to go to "Apply patch to new file" and to check the box "Bypass Checksum Validation"

Something I noticed. If you have Ethlin talk to Sigurd, at the very end instead of it changing over to Ethlin talking, Sigurd ends his own quote with "Sigurd...". lawl

Also, A LOT of the periods lack spaces after them.

EDIT: Also, once Sigurd gives Lex the hand axe, the text bubble glitches and sticks around until the "You got a Hand Axe" thing goes away.

Edited by Zanryu

Also, what's with the enemy units's aid stat?

I realise they aren't smart enough to utilize that but it's still an error.

But I got a warm feeling when I stuck Sigurd in the middle of a bunch of bandits and watched as he slaughtered them all without taking a single hit. Great job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since no-one else in the team seems to remember this place, I'll do the update.

Screen shots of my hack making it possible for magical and physical to co-exist:

statscreenmodifier4.png

statscreenmodifier3.png

And a vid showing it in action:

And progress in title screen hacking:

titlescreen.png

• 2 months later...

Seeing as people have actually started noticing this board, I figure I should start giving Serenes Forest updates on the project again.

Unfortunately there is not much to talk about. Most of what's going on now is boring coding stuff that you guys would be completely uninterested in hearing about. We're hoping to have our next release out by the end of December. This new patch will contain the prologue, chapter 1 and chapter 2.

There's also the first of the programmed skills to see.

Will all the new stuff you're adding be available for public use once you're finished?

I don't want it to seem like I have no interest in the project - Because that isn't the case at all. I actually can't wait to see some of the newer chapters (and if/how you plan to break down the maps). And some of the new dialogue.

It's just something I was interested in. I'm not sure what skills are being included, but I know at the moment it's not something I could exactly do myself. I've figured out how to change almost everything by Hex, so it's not like I'd need any special program to change things. I just wouldn't want you to stumble on to a patch somewhere down the line that uses skills and the magic/physical split if that's not what you wanted.

Edited by bunny

Oh, and I've watched the Marcus video. It was great. I do think it'll be important to get something in there so that you know it went off. I was looking for it, and I had to watch the vid two or three times before I realized it was at the beginning. I remember FE8 had something for when it's skills activated. It'd probably take up too much time to use the way FE8 did it, but it's just hard to see at the moment.

Of course, I'm sure you've considered that already. I'm just trying to make a constructive comment here and there.

Are you making any additional skills beyond FE4? FE9 has like 1 or two extra. And you could make completely new ones if you wanted. Just wondering.

I believe it's said in the first post that we're adding new skills. Though mostly modernization of FE4's system to FE9's.

For instance, before Nihil protected against super effective weapons, skills and criticals. No longer. Nihil now only protects against enemy skills while Fortify protects against super effective weapons and Fortune protects against criticals.

We could make entirely new skills (since that's essentially what's being done)

Edited by Arch