FE4 Advance - R.I.P.

Arch

We I will be trying our my best to replicate the effects of the original FE4 skills.

I guess Sol Hit will work like the Rune Sword.

Am I right?

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ What he said. Although we've pretty much got events/other hacking related stuff down and we have found a map maker willing to stick with us we need mugs and animations.

Edited by Arch

If you ask me, the transitions and such between the frames could use work, despite the fact that the animation is, from what one can see in the video, identical (with only the hair edited) to the original Nomad animation. (Yes, even accounting for the arrow not being there.) I'd be willing to bet that it has to do with the script and using Zeld's editor, which I don't even really see the need of using in this instance. Given how similar the animation is to the old one, I don't see why you didn't just replace the old animation with the new one instead. (The problem I could see would be the hair breaking one of the bounds of the old animation...)

Frankly, the animation, at least from the viewpoint of the video, seems extremely unprofessional looking, which doesn't help grant further appeal for your project. (Honestly, I'd only use Zeld's animation inserter for animations that are truly "custom" in the sense that they're not simply alterations to an existing animation. (Meaning that they have their own unique set of frames, regardless of whether the individual frames are alterations from existing animations or not.))

Edited by Lord Glenn

Well, actually it is a tad different, it doesn't have all the nomad's moving around (which I would think would make it only more difficult to shoot an arrow). I used Xeld's editor because it's easier and saves me time, the less time I spend on one animation the more time I have for more customized ones. Now, your comments are probably the best I've recieved all day, what do you suggest for the transitions? Do they need to be faster? Slower?

EDIT: I've gone back and touched up the animations (namely the transitions and adding the arrow).

Edited by Arch

(Sorry for not replying sooner.)

It looks better than the original video. My only "complaint" with the revisions would be just the speed/timing of when the sprite pulls the bow back down after shooting the arrow. Realistically (and comparing to the majority of other bow users), a person isn't going to drop their bow down that soon. There's going to be a least a slight delay, if only because of the bow string (realistically) and because of frame changing (game-based). Also, the sprites that are default to the game wait until the HP (and bar) finishes dropping from the attack before resetting back to the still frame.

Believe me, it'll take a lot more than a couple days of topic inactivity for FE4A to die. Last I checked, Arch and co. have been workin' hard on this, and I've been looking over plenty of mugs for this project.

While on the topic of visuals, I'm sure that Arch and Blazer won't mind if I posted

, since it's relevant to this project, and I don't see it up here yet.

• 4 months later...

Been kinda slow lately. Well, all of the glitches with the MAG stat have been resolved. I've been working on updating the mugs for the next release.

manfroy.pnggerrard.png

lexvillage.pngleslie-1.png

Since the project is going with FE8 colors I decided it would be easier to import the FE8 mugs for things like villagers and generic enemies. As you can see I decided to use FE8's CH2 boss for this game's generic bandit. We have a finalized Lex courtesy of The Blind Archer and Nayr. Gerrard has been given a better sprite by Nayr. Sigurd's sprite has been updated by The Blind Archer to feature armor. The man in the 4th screenshot is our Merchant character, Leslie.

The Blind Archer is in the process of updating the Azel and Alvis mugs. Upon completion they will be inserted and a new demo will finally be released. I promise that this there will be no glitches to report (other than the occasional typo) and that you will be able to enjoy the game. The demo will showcase the Prologue like the original and perhaps more, depends on how I'm feeling.

Lex looks ALOT better.

I agree. The Lex portrait looks amazing.

Sandima looks real good, are you keeping with the gray cloak though? I thought it was a dark green. Still it looks cool, and changing some colors would be nice for the portrait swap enemies (dark mage bosses).

I know I'm in no position, but I'll ask anyways. FE4 is somewhat notorious for having a fair share of palette swaps, would it be possible for FE4 advance to not have them? Like make a different portrait for Mohammad (for instance) so he looks different than Shaghall?

I'm looking forward to the new demo!

I finally found the initiative to make another file(since the rollback) and so i looked at your graphics topic and saw that you needed a voltz mug so i attempted it. if nothing else it could be a starter for someone to work from. enjoy!

voltz.png

I noticed that you were making this project and i felt that i could at least attempt to provide you guys with some help so here goes!

patty.png

Yup it's none other than the balmunk stealing thief we all love, patty! Look out Shannan!

It says user bandwith exceeded, just in case you didn't know.

If you get done with this, could you make one for FE5? I've been DYING to play it, but can't find a good translation. -_-

Actually, It should be noted that it only works with a certain version of the ZSNES.

Correctipn: versions. On top of that, those versions are very easy to obtain.

Edited by Angelix