FE4 Advance - R.I.P.

Arch

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is that Dierdre can't promote. (Even with white magic abuse. Not that I've tried or anything.)

It's already been said that many parts of this will be different from FE4. This totally means that the only unpromoted unit in the game who can't promote is also going to be unable to promote in this.

Wait, so you got her to level 20 with that one tiny part of Chapter 1 where she's usable? How'd that happen? o_O

1. They decided to start her out pre-promoted

2. Staff abuse

3. Level 10

4. They're just using that map sprite for whatever class she is

Wait, so you got her to level 20 with that one tiny part of Chapter 1 where she's usable? How'd that happen? o_O

Levels don't reset when you promote in FE 4. Sigurd and Cuan start promoted at level 5 and 4 respectively, yet they gain as much experience as any other unit at that level.

Levels don't reset when you promote in FE 4. Sigurd and Cuan start promoted at level 5 and 4 respectively, yet they gain as much experience as any other unit at that level.

Yeah, I know that. Except:

1) They already said they're using the GBA system.

2) Dierdre isn't a prepromote. Or at least, if she's become one, it seems weird and random to me.

Yeah, I know that. Except:

1) They already said they're using the GBA system.

2) Dierdre isn't a prepromote. Or at least, if she's become one, it seems weird and random to me.

I do believe that FE4A is altering the system to mirror FE4's (level doesn't reset on promotion, level caps at 30).

Also, according to the first post, Diadora has become pre-promoted. (See the second bulleted item.)

Yeah, I was bouncing around with the promotion system. I have decided to emulate FE4's system. And yes, Dierdre is pre-promoted, although that shouldn't make much of a difference since she still has the same stats.

Ah, I see now. Glad to hear you're using the FE4 system so that Sigurd and Cuan won't get horrible EXP gain!

By the way, is that Darren guy still ingame? I've not heard anything about him for a while.

Actually I'm debating whether to include Darren or not. I want to add a new character but now that I look at him he's not it. I'd prefer adding something like a Wyvern Rider of an unmounted axe user to the first generation.

Add one of the substitute characters' parents. I'm pretty sure a bunch of them, along with others, fought alongside Sigurd, only the game only really covered those of noble ranks. Janne's parents, for example, if memory serves.

I wouldn't mind if you added some FE5 characters aka, i would love it, since FE4 didn't feature many of them as playable characters or even reveal their identities until later.

Add one of the substitute characters' parents.

The only character I can think in mind is Ethnia.

Janne's parents, for example, if memory serves.

Their father (Eve) is part of Cross Knight. He probably fights alongside with Sigurd in CH2, but in CH3... he fights against him.

Well, let's see...the classes which you don't get any playable characters for in the 1st gen currently are (excluding silly ones like Baron and Emperor):

Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord

Axe Armor

Lance Armor

Bow Armor

Axefighter

Hunter

And Fire/Wind mages, but that's all being rolled into one class anyway IIRC.

Edited by Drifloon

Eltoshen, adding characters from FE5 is something I will do in the second generation. Since most of the interesting ones wouldn't be ready for fighting in the 1st. I already have the 2nd generation characters planned out, its just finding the one more for the 1st that's giving me trouble. In case you are curious, I have already voiced my plans to include Cyas and Fergus in the 2nd generation (only two of quite a few).

Now, as for the new character. I don't think I'd like an armor since Arden's suckage covers that department about as well as one could expect in a game where movement is so vital. Hunters are the same thing as Archers. That only leaves a Wyvern Rider or a Fighter/Pirate/Brigand.

Of course, I could go with Celice's idea. However I did want to have the new character able to pair with people. It would be kinda odd if I paired Eve (for example) with Ayra and didn't pair Lachesis. That would make Skasaha, Lakche, Tristan, and Jane all his children.

Of course, I could go with Celice's idea. However I did want to have the new character able to pair with people. It would be kinda odd if I paired Eve (for example) with Ayra and didn't pair Lachesis. That would make Skasaha, Lakche, Tristan, and Jane all his children.

The next best thing would be to have a couple come in with pre-destined love then. Damn you logic :(

Actually, Jake and Anna exist in the original. You could bring them both into the second generation... but I think we're talking about the first. Even so, I think Jake would make more sense speaking to those two sub characters out in the open rather than in a valley away from everyone, separately, in dark groves ._.

Due to the way Thracia is relevant, it may be "odd" to include someone from there (since Dragon Knights really only originate from that locale anyways). However, it could spark some vital conversations between both the character and their children, considering the encounters that take place with Thracia, especially in the first generation--like when they come in to help Shagaal, or when Trabant suddenly strikes out against Cuan in the Yied Desert.

Over that, I would think the best character to add would be one still tied to a noble house. Edda has virtually no presence in the game other than dialogue, yet it's arguably more established than the likes of Tilnanogue. I dunno :/

Add one of the substitute characters' parents. I'm pretty sure a bunch of them, along with others, fought alongside Sigurd, only the game only really covered those of noble ranks. Janne's parents, for example, if memory serves.

If he's going to do that he may as well add Ethnia. Since Ethnia is mentioned by Amid and Linda so she is known by name,=.

Actually, since I know Darren was supposed to have a Major Ulir blood, why not add the said axefighter and give him Major Neir he could give to his kids? This way, you could make the Swanchika useable, even though only Skasha is likely going to be able to use it unless you add a female with axe using kids.

Wouldn't that then invalidate the fact that there's already someone running around with Major Neir blood, using Swanchika? (Sure, you could change the existing "canon", but doing it just to get one of the Holy Weapons seems a bit tacky, IMO. While it doesn't necessarily make sense from an army's point of view (i.e. loot good stuff from dead enemies to keep your supplies up), I think it makes a game more challenging when you don't get full access to all of the best weapons, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
Has this project ended, because I cannot seem to link to the patch...

Not yet released.

I believe I recall seing some mention of a new demo being released soon.