FE4 Advance - R.I.P.

Arch

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or there is my emulator of choice, SNES9x (the unofficial version) which plays Thracia's translation flawlessly.

By the way, your last screenshot's dialogue is pretty badly written.

"I'm not just on a sunday stroll.

I'm here to do buisness with you sir."

Would look better as something like this:

"I'm not just out on a Sunday stroll.

I'm here to do business with you, sir."

The Chosen One has awakened. We must prepare the flying Airship Palace.

Milord, who would you like to nuke first?

Whoa, is that supposed to be Yuria? Change the facial expression a little bit, I guess, but other than that, you may as well keep it the way it is. Yurius looks better.

Edited by HolsetyExcaliburRexcalibur

I am helping with this hack by making mugs, keeping track of mugs, shit like that.

I have a compilation sheet of mugs I'll keep updated. To prevent people from making mugs Arch already has.

th_FE4ADVMugs.png

Note: If mugs do not look too good they are still WIP.

Edited by Nayr

Langobalt and Oifaye are the most accurate thus far, and Rackseis, Alec, and Levin need the most work. Silvia looks the most reflective based on character.

Whaaaat? I like that Levin. I don't see what's wrong with it.

Lex should totally look more like that Lester because that Lester looks awesome.

Langobalt and Oifaye are the most accurate thus far, and Rackseis, Alec, and Levin need the most work. Silvia looks the most reflective based on character.

You have to be kidding.

Levin is one of the best mugs they have(being a Blackavar mug, that is to be expected).

@Boat:

That Lex is excellent as is. I should know, I helped make it. I used parts of Kai Shuden's(Tactics Universe name, iono if hes here) old Lex, did the design, and Blind Archer uberfied it.

Edit:

And I also made Leslie, Dew(With help from Anonym on FEND), Claude, Roddlevan, Delmudd, Tristan, Phee, Johan, Asaello, Hannibal, Corpul, Sharlow, Fergus, Gerrard, Eliott, Voltz, Clement, Papilon, Pizarl, Pamela, Maios, Deet'var, Magorn, Aida, Manfroy, and Young Alvis(With a lot of help from Dei).

Edited by Nayr

IMO, Levin looks way too muscular and big. He looks like he should be a Warrior or Beserker, rather then a frail bard (its probably his huge hands).

Besides the fact that he's wearing incredibly bulky clothing. Levin isn't some friggin' bishou, he's a man. Levin is probably one of the best ones there in terms of quality. Like the team has said, it's a new take on the game and isn't a complete remake. There's other mugs to be whined about; Corple and Sharlow come to mind.

I am helping with this hack by making mugs, keeping track of mugs, shit like that.

I have a compilation sheet of mugs I'll keep updated. To prevent people from making mugs Arch already has.

th_FE4ADVMugs.png

Hmmm... I like how some of my sprites were edited without me knowing it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Yurius' new palette is horrible. I don't care if you change some colors as long as it looks alright, but here, the colors on the clothes and the armor are just wrong.

And also, Hilda needs to be uptaded (see previous page).

Hmmm... I like how some of my sprites were edited without me knowing it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Yurius' new palette is horrible. I don't care if you change some colors as long as it looks alright, but here, the colors on the clothes and the armor are just wrong.

And also, Hilda needs to be uptaded (see previous page).

Well its in the disclaimer arch put up.. "DISCLAIMER: If you submit any sprites for this project, we reserve the right to edit any and all sprites, be it mugs or otherwise, if we see fit. Whether it is to reduce colors or to make "improvements" or anything in between."

Also Yurius had his long hair going into his collar which is a flaw Arch wanted gone so I fixed it. And I stole the colors from the Yurius that Blackavar made for Flyingace24. Arch wanted to drop yours for hers but Flyingace wouldn't let him. So taking the colors was the next best thing. Besides you had him colored in all FE7 colors, the hack uses Fe8 pallettes for mugs.

th_FE4ADVMugs.png

Huh. Lester looks high.

Well its in the disclaimer arch put up.. "DISCLAIMER: If you submit any sprites for this project, we reserve the right to edit any and all sprites, be it mugs or otherwise, if we see fit. Whether it is to reduce colors or to make "improvements" or anything in between."

Except that in this case, it's more a downgrade than an improvement. :mellow:

Also Yurius had his long hair going into his collar which is a flaw Arch wanted gone so I fixed it.

Puh-lee-ze, how exactly is it a flaw?

And filling the area with a dark color... I wouldn't call that "fixing" it.

And I stole the colors from the Yurius that Blackavar made for Flyingace24. Arch wanted to drop yours for hers but Flyingace wouldn't let him. So taking the colors was the next best thing.

No it wasn't. The best thing would have been to come up with your own colors.

Besides you had him colored in all FE7 colors, the hack uses Fe8 pallettes for mugs.
I don't care if you change some colors as long as it looks alright

In this case, it doesn't. :mellow:

Edited by Marthur

The best thing is not to care. Most of the editing are members trying to take credit for better looking mugs by making small alterations to them, even if it makes them look worse. Let alone not asking permission before they rape your mugs :[

The thing pro'lly won't even get finished, so it's not much to whine about. Taking this long to not even finish the maps for the game is good evidence of such, let alone dialogue and everything else. It's not like the project needs to wait for mugshots--at the very least they can just use the originals.

No it wasn't. The best thing would have been to come up with your own colors.

In this case, it doesn't. :mellow:

Doesn't much matter anyway. if I hadn't edited it Arch would have made someone else do it.

The best thing is not to care. Most of the editing are members trying to take credit for better looking mugs by making small alterations to them, even if it makes them look worse. Let alone not asking permission before they rape your mugs :[

The thing pro'lly won't even get finished, so it's not much to whine about. Taking this long to not even finish the maps for the game is good evidence of such, let alone dialogue and everything else. It's not like the project needs to wait for mugshots--at the very least they can just use the originals.

First, any edits I make are usually recolors that I don't even tell Arch I did, and its to keep the hack from being full of mugs with different game palettes. For quality purposes its best if they all share FE8 type colors, since they look better than FE7's or FE6's and mixing looks amateurish and Arch wants this to look professional. Which is why The Blind Archer is fixing up mugs so they all look professional. And he only gets to them when they are needed, which would be the Generation One mugs atm.

Also I'd say the hack has a good chance of being completed. There are only 9 chapters but the maps are huge and apparently only Nintenlord is making them, and is doing quite well as there are little to no flaws. Quality takes time.

Edited by Nayr

First, any edits I make are usually recolors that I don't even tell Arch I did, and its to keep the hack from being full of mugs with different game palettes.

That's nice.

For quality purposes its best if they all share FE8 type colors, since they look better than FE7's or FE6's and mixing looks amateurish and Arch wants this to look professional.

By taking whatever is given, he can never accomplish this. By "he" I don't know what is meant, considering this is a group project, and not his project.

Which is why The Blind Archer is fixing up mugs so they all look professional. And he only gets to them when they are needed, which would be the Generation One mugs atm.

That's nice.

Also I'd say the hack has a good chance of being completed. There are only 9 chapters but the maps are huge and apparently only Nintenlord is making them, and is doing quite well as there are little to no flaws. Quality takes time.

When no one is bothering working on the project until they get what they want, it's indicative that the project is falling hard. There's no reason to wait for submissions when the entire hack can be completed as-is. Fuck, if they really were smarter than what they're granted, they'd extract the maps from Seisen and convert the tiles to what the GBA games recognize--out of compression, it's basic indexes to interpret, and that's it. There's all the maps of the game. They can get all the events pretty much finished in two weeks if they suck at it.

Basically, for what progress could be made, it's being withheld instead until people give their work over for use.

I submitted a patty mug and you didn't say anything about it. The compilation sheet of mugs I noticed that you didn't have a patty mug yet, so here in case you missed it here it is again. if you did not see it then sorry, i was just making sure. so tell what you think or if it needs work please say so and i'd be happy to fix it!

patty.png

Edited by Alnox

I submitted a patty mug and you didn't say anything about it. The compilation sheet of mugs I noticed that you didn't have a patty mug yet, so here in case you missed it here it is again. if you did not see it then sorry, i was just making sure. so tell what you think or if it needs work please say so and i'd be happy to fix it!

patty.png

Needs work.

Make it more epic.

Sorry Nayr, but I have to agree with Marthur on this one. Unless the collar was significantly smaller, gravity wouldn't normally allow it to stay outside of a collar of that size. There's the off-chance that Julius (or any character with long hair and a collared shirt like that) could be OCD and constantly keep it outside of their collars, but that doesn't stop gravity from bringing it back to that position.

Edit: @ Marthur, other than not being in FE8 color, which the project asked for (and you're free to do yourself if you don't want any errors), I personally think your portraits of Julia and Julius are great as they are. I do have something to say regarding Tinny, however.

102m1wj.png

The trim on her right collar flap seems to be unshaded. If you could fix that, that'd be great.

Edited by The Blind Archer