Polygon confirms: bathhouses, swim suits are still in.

Supercredit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I thought my friend was complaining about all of this during school, but he can just shut it heh. This is cool that they left this in and prehaps I could do a summer breeze team. I hate that some people jump the boat to think some features were removed and believe in rumors. What can I say, it's fun to watch those who were wrong deny themselves.

I hope they don't change to much. Maybe intrest in guys? I can't wait to see the name change

Edited by Radiance

I know, we have too many memes and jokes about Sonic in this game.

???

I don't get it... It's a name or what.

Just throwing out names dear. Sorry, no joke here for once.

You are gonna jinx it. I like Soleil's design(Olivia headband). Hell, I don't even think they will keep her old personality. We have seen some things before and I hope that her name is good if it stays the same or changes.

I hope Soleil keeps her name but if they most change it, I hope it's Marisol (since it means "sea and sun") or Shirley (it means "bright clearing") but I have a feeling it's going to be Aria (since it means "song" and/or "melody") so they can make a "get it? Her name means song/melody and she sucks at singing! Lol!" joke.

Speaking of Soleil, are they only changing her support with Corrin or are they also changing her girl obsession?

As far as I know, only Soleil and male!Kamui's support will be changed. I don't think it's been mentioned if any part of Soleil other then that support was changed or not.

I hope Soleil keeps her name but if they most change it, I hope it's Marisol (since it means "sea and sun") or Shirley (it means "bright clearing") but I have a feeling it's going to be Aria (since it means "song" and/or "melody") so they can make a "get it? Her name means song/melody and she sucks at singing! Lol!" joke.

As far as I know, only Soleil and male!Kamui's support will be changed. I don't think it's been mentioned if any part of Soleil other then that support was changed or not.

Those are some weird names, at least one of them. Soleil doesn't look like a person who would called Shirley. Aria and Marisol sound great though.

Those are some weird names, at least one of them. Soleil doesn't look like a person who would called Shirley. Aria and Marisol sound great though.

I guess you're right. I was thinking Shirley was better than say, Sunniva (which means "sun gift") or something since there are not a lot of names with the meaning of "sun" that look good (in my opinion, anyway) and/or easy to say.

Maybe something like Eloise or Elanor for Soleil? Or Elaine?

They could be good, but I would think some people would think "Eloise -> Elise" though. Eloise means "hale, healthy" and "wide" but it is (sometimes) associated with "sun" and Elanor means "star sun" which is a really cute meaning and fits Soleil a lot, I think. Elaine means "torch" or "corposant" although it can also mean "moon" since it's a old French form of Helen.

(Sorry about the name stuff, I just like thinking about names and their meanings for characters and how they fit/don't fit their .... characters.)

Edited by December Knight

They may not even change it, I meant it is not hard to pronounce once you know how to. It's sun in French right?

I guess so, but who knows what will changed or not.

And yes! Soleil means "sun" in French. Unless you meant another name, then sorry for the mistake.

Well I dont see any damage that has been done. Hot springs are back and swim suits are confirmed. You guys satisfied enough to the point where you won't cancel your preorder? Of course that is a joke. Yeah I meant Soleil

Edited by Radiance

Well I dont see any damage that has been done. Hot springs are back and swim suits are confirmed. You guys satisfied enough to the point where ylu eon't cancel your preorder? Of course that is a joke. Yeah I meant Soleil

Hmm? I don't think anyone was talking about canceling their preorder. I mean, we are just talking about whether or not Soleil's name was going to be changed or not.

Did I misunderstand something, if I did then I'm sorry.

It was a joke to those who cancel their order because they removed a feature. Btw my spelling was horrible in that last post. Nah you're cool. They have this so it is a bonus for me because I already ordered the special edition. The bath houses seem to be the same and unchanged

Edited by Radiance

It was a joke to those who cancel their order because they removed a feature. Btw my spelling was horrible in that last post. Nah you're cool. They have this so it is a bonus for me because I already ordered the special edition. The bath houses seem to be the same and unchanged

Ahh, okay.

I guess it is just the little kids idk it could be anyone. To be honest I am glad they kept this feature. When is it not natural to wear a swim suit? I don't wanna swim in my clothes. I dont see any censorship at all as well and the Elise one made me die

I guess it is just the little kids idk it could be anyone. To be honest I am glad they kept this feature. When is it not natural to wear a swim suit? I don't wanna swim in my clothes. I dont see any censorship at all as well and the Elise one made me die

I guess Kamui doesn't want to play with his little sister.

Looks like a lot of the fears of censorship were exaggerated. The rumours roared ever so wildly, deafening us to voices of patience and reason.

ZTDKM2G.png

I thought this was a joke! There's no way the writing can be this awful all the time, right?

"YES, THE ADULT YOU ARE, AS OPPOSED TO A CHILD WHICH YOU LOOK LIKE. BY THE WAY, HOW'S THE KIDS?"

Wow!!That's amazing, the worst part is dat dialogue was directed towards the player, everyone knew that she is "technically" an adult sooo... Why Leo saying this again?

Now I'm very curious to know how they will handle the issue of Midoriko.

Boy, am I seeing little talk about hotsprings or what? Personally I'm fine with those little touches of fanservice. Hotspring or beach episodes and other skimpy outfits are a bit of a trope in anime inspired games. Fire emblem always took a little bit from anime and much more so in the more recent games. Its also not that big a deal. Things like this are easy to ignore, harmless and their inclusion does not have to clash with anything.

Plenty of interesting subjects to juggle with in this topic.

On Foleo, I'm a bit on the fence about that character. The developer being IS gives me a bit of a deja vu moment to paper Mario. I think IS pulling a vivian on poor Foleo and making him a girl is a possibility.

And that would be a shame because there is nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to Foleo. I think he's handled surprisingly tastefully. Foleo decides to be what he wants to be, regardless of what the world thinks of it. When people give him trouble over this he has plenty of people who are willing to comfort and protect him.

Making Foleo cater to the transgender community which I think people are going to complain about if they don't is also something I would deem unwise. Foleo makes it clear he is a man and gets upset at those who don't agree with that.

That line to Elise just comes off as awkward. We all know its directed at the player and its simply not believable that Elise would be an adult. I would have a hard time believing Leo himself is an adult and if Elise is one then so would he.

How did this thread become about Foleo?

More or less, Anacybele said something about Foleo (she said that Foleo was most likely going to be changed into girl in the English version of the game because of how he looked or something) and a mini flame war(?, might not be the right word but I can't think of anything other word, sorry) happened.

Edit; If you want the full story, go to page 6 and look for post 118. It ends on page 10, more or less.

Late as usual to this thread

I kind of like Foleo's design. He has this young renaissance artist thing going, and I like it.

Also, I'm really freaking tired of people insisting his trans or some nonsense like that, since multiple times he states that he is not interested in guys and just likes pretty things; he is Leon's son, and is almost immediately identified as such.

Wow!!That's amazing, the worst part is dat dialogue was directed towards the player, everyone knew that she is "technically" an adult sooo... Why Leo saying this again?

Now I'm very curious to know how they will handle the issue of Midoriko.

Midoriko will now be confirmed to be older than her father and merely looks like a 10 year old child.