What if Fire Emblem IN SPACE happened?

Jedi

Hmm.. like the idea of a Barsoom-style "FE on Mars", but not enough to wish for it to be a mainline game. A spinoff maybe.

That means basically yeah, we'd stil have old-style weapons, but the setting would be a fantasy Mars instead of a hard-sci-fi one.

Now the preproduction idea of a modern day Fire Emblem ( i.e. one set in the real-ish world), would not fly with me. At that point, how is it any different from a Wars game? Why not jus tmake it a Wars title at that point? Wars needs some love too, come to think of it.

It could be a post apocalypse world where every futurist things had been destroyed. People returned to the Stone/Iron Age.

Instead of Narga/Grima/Medeus we will have Optimus Prime-alike resurrected from the death.

If you guys have ever play Cabal Online, you'll see people using swords/bow fighting tanks, droids and planes or mutation monsters.

Edited by hanhnn

It could be a post apocalypse world where every futurist things had been destroyed. People returned to the Stone/Iron Age.

Instead of Narga/Grima/Medeus we will have Optimus Prime-alike resurrected from the death.

If you guys have ever play Cabal Online, you'll see people using swords/bow fighting tanks, droids and planes or mutation monsters.

This sounds partly like how the Shannara world was made, it looks like a fantasy realm with elves and the like, but its post apocalypse, and mutations made some people into dwarves and the like over time.

Sometimes our fantasy heroes would come across old tech of the old earth and stuff too.

Just a general goofy topic, during Awakenings conceptual stages, the team thought about maybe putting the team on Mars, now I dno about all of you, but I think the successes of Awakening and Fates would allow them to maybe toy with this idea as maybe a spinoff game?

I was thinking like laser swords, and all the typical sci-fi fantasy fare, I got a huge nostalgic rush to the likes of the old school Phantasy Star games when I was thinking what FE in space would basically be like, maybe even stuff like how Gundam series work, with space colonies and the like, mecha, over the top sci-fi weapons, political struggles, the works.

If anyone would like to bounce ideas around, it would be fun to come up with how it could work and stuff.

How about this?

You could make it another cross-over. Metroid Emblem where Chrom is sent to investigate another planet with Samus. You also run into Ike, which explains where he went to after RD.

Edited by General Zelgius

I actually had an idea for a Fire Emblem game where technology a little above modern-day levels existed in the past, but was mostly lost in the story's equivalent of Anri's fight against Medeus, the Scouring, etc., and so there would be some high-tech elements, but they would be very rare, and the game's equipment and etc. would still be mostly medieval-type stuff.

More related to the topic at hand, I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about it. It'd depend a lot on how it was executed, and the direction they went with it; whether they were taking it seriously or making it a joke spinoff. The premise has potential, but I don't wanna greenlight or veto the concept without having any instances of it actually being done to base my opinion off of.

I actually had an idea for a Fire Emblem game where technology a little above modern-day levels existed in the past, but was mostly lost in the story's equivalent of Anri's fight against Medeus, the Scouring, etc., and so there would be some high-tech elements, but they would be very rare, and the game's equipment and etc. would still be mostly medieval-type stuff.

More related to the topic at hand, I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about it. It'd depend a lot on how it was executed, and the direction they went with it; whether they were taking it seriously or making it a joke spinoff. The premise has potential, but I don't wanna greenlight or veto the concept without having any instances of it actually being done to base my opinion off of.

Have you played Final Fantasy X? That's pretty similar to your suggestion. After a destructive war most machine based technology was declared evil by the church and outlawed leaving a pretty medieval feeling world but the kind of place where the occasional gun or robot don't feel completely out of place.

I think a Steampunk setting would be the better route, as Space has been done quite a bit with strategy games, but Steampunk is the genre rarely ventured into. You can keep the fantasy themes of Fire Emblem with magic, knights, and swords, but with the Steampunk tech mixed in. They got pretty close to that boundary in Fates with a few of the Hoshidan tech, but a full on Steampunk Fire Emblem game would be really cool.

Edited by Tolvir

maybe putting the team on Mars

Funny because Marth's name in Japan is Marasu I think, loosely translated to Mars in the English Dub of the Fire Emblem OVA.

Aside from that, I don't really know what to think of the idea. FE has always been in a medieval-esque kind of setting, so it would be strange to see an FE game taking place in outer space.

You could make it another cross-over. Metroid Emblem where Chrom is sent to investigate another planet with Samus. You also run into Ike, which explains where he went to after RD.

It also explains why Ike looks like a cyborg in Awakening.

Seriously though, I'd like that as a spin-off. I think FE can work in a steampunk setting.

Have you played Final Fantasy X? That's pretty similar to your suggestion. After a destructive war most machine based technology was declared evil by the church and outlawed leaving a pretty medieval feeling world but the kind of place where the occasional gun or robot don't feel completely out of place.

Yep! I've never gotten that far in it, unfortunately (it's on my to-do list, I swear!), but I've played it enough (and have a best friend who adores it enough) that I'm reasonably familiar with the setting and the story surrounding it. It's not really drastically different from what I had in mind? At least, in terms of the dichotomy between technology that exists in the world vs. technology that most people actually have access to... but the general world background and story was going to be sufficiently different, and I wasn't even thinking about Final Fantasy X when I was writing about it. If anything, the idea was based on Final Fantasies VI and VII introducing more technologically-advanced worlds to the series- which had previously been almost exclusively medieval-based in terms of settings- and actually making it work, and I was thinking that it would be kinda neat to see if something similar could be made to work with the Fire Emblem series.

Hmm... I actually might go make a topic about it, to gauge interest in the idea, since it's definitely something I'm interested in making once/if FEXNA is released to the public...

Edited by Topaz Light

• 2 weeks later...