Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Of course, Japan gets a crapload of stuff while the rest of us get nothing or next to nothing. When is everyone going to realize that Japan isn't the only part of the world where Pokemon is really popular?

They'll probably realise it just after they realise the western world isn't the only part of the world where acces to clean drinking water is really popular.

On a slightly more relevant note! Salandit is getting a slot on my team for sure, and I'm inclined to use the little fiend that mimics Pikachu so marvellously.

Starter... Dunno yet...

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it some time and NA will get pre-order bonuses.

I hope so.

And yeah, Pokemon originated in Japan, but that doesn't mean the millions of fans outside the country deserve less...

You got Pokemon GO before Japan did.

They still don't have it.

The land of the rising sun is the originator of the series.

For obvious reasons, there will be bias there because all the decisions come from there.

And yeah, Pokemon originated in Japan, but that doesn't mean the millions of fans outside the country deserve less...

You are aware that they make every effort to include the fans outside of Japan, right?

Like you're sounding like "that customer", if you've ever worked in retail or the food industry.

Simultaneous release dates internationally for many different languages is no small feat.

Are you saying "that's not enough"?

Just be patient.

It'll come.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Lol what can we fans in South America aspire to?

The best thing we've got (at least in Colombia) is a Mario Kart 8 drone. And one or two posters if you pre order, and that's if you're lucky or the change rates aren't wrecking the COP.

Lol what can we fans in South America aspire to?

The best thing we've got (at least in Colombia) is a Mario Kart 8 drone. And one or two posters if you pre order, and that's if you're lucky or the change rates aren't wrecking the COP.

Yeah, it definitely stinks over there, I imagine, especially considering that Nintendo left Brazil. But it doesn't help that it's so expensive there.

Just came back from vacation (which I passed playing through X and Y again. And trying to do a song about the tdifferent twons using Rute 2 as the theme.)

I think more and more that I'll have to buy both versions.

On the new Pokémon...

Mimicchu is on my team, no question asked.

That bear... I still have no idea, honnestly.

...It seems more and moreit may end up like with X Y when I'll default the Grass Starter (Because Salandit and Mimicchu are on my team. And I don't like having multiple pokémon with the same type.

on the contrary I'd believe it'll evolve if you make him learn Frustration and have zero happiness

I honnestly think it will never happens.

Not after BW2 and Colress.
Even less after Pokemon-Amie.

That would be against the whole Pokémon philosophy.

I just hope the third evolutions will not be a disapointement unlike a certain third evolution from a certain fire fox starter.

Chrome is better anyway...

I'm actually considering doing a re-play of White to get back into things once Monster Hunter Generations is thoroughly sucked dry (which at my current rate should take up the rest of the summer).

I've mostly got my team down: Oshawott, Pidove, Sandile, Solosis, and Axew, Considering whether or not Petelill is worth the trouble, due to how relatively late it gets Energy Ball alongside lackluster base stats.

I'm actually considering doing a re-play of White to get back into things once Monster Hunter Generations is thoroughly sucked dry (which at my current rate should take up the rest of the summer).

I've mostly got my team down: Oshawott, Pidove, Sandile, Solosis, and Axew, Considering whether or not Petelill is worth the trouble, due to how relatively late it gets Energy Ball alongside lackluster base stats.

Petilil/Lilligant's Sp. Atk. is usually so high, even weaker moves hit hard, so not having Energy Ball is not a problem, besides, Petilil and Lilligant can have the ability Own Tempo, which means it can use Petal Dance without fear. And remeber that Lilligant can learn Quiver Dance, which can Lilligant into a terrifying fighter.

Speaking of replays, I'm going to replay Diamond in what I call my Sinnoh Remake Hype Playthrough. The first mainstream Pokemon games I owned were Diamond and Pearl, and I actually currently have no file on Diamond, plus I prefer Dialga to Palkia these days. Sinnoh is my favorite region and has a lot of Pokemon I like. And I think it's safe to say Sinnoh remakes are an eventual given. We've seen gens 1-3 get remade, and after Sun and Moon come out, it's gen 4's turn!

I'd like to use this team: Infernape, Luxray, Lopunny, Staraptor (I always always always use these four lol), Lumineon, Garchomp. (And a note, I'll temporarily use a Budew because Roark)

And the one problem is, Cynthia is so difficult. She's the hardest champion in the series by far, imo. I don't remember how many tries it took me to beat her in Pearl. So any tips here would be appreciated. If I remember her DP team right, Cynthia has Garchomp, Spiritomb, Gastrodon, Lucario, Roserade, and...I can't remember the last one. It's not Togekiss, that's only in Platinum.

Of course, I didn't say they'd be on the 3DS. :P I think the remakes will be on the NX/whatever the next handheld is if the NX isn't a hybrid. But they'll come before gen 8. Think about it: DP was the first to appear on the DS, now they can also be the first to appear on the next handheld to mirror that! ;D

Edited by Anacybele

Speaking of replays, I'm going to replay Diamond in what I call my Sinnoh Remake Hype Playthrough. The first mainstream Pokemon games I owned were Diamond and Pearl, and I actually currently have no file on Diamond, plus I prefer Dialga to Palkia these days. Sinnoh is my favorite region and has a lot of Pokemon I like. And I think it's safe to say Sinnoh remakes are an eventual given. We've seen gens 1-3 get remade, and after Sun and Moon come out, it's gen 4's turn!

I'd like to use this team: Infernape, Luxray, Lopunny, Staraptor (I always always always use these four lol), Lumineon, Garchomp. (And a note, I'll temporarily use a Budew because Roark)

And the one problem is, Cynthia is so difficult. She's the hardest champion in the series by far, imo. I don't remember how many tries it took me to beat her in Pearl. So any tips here would be appreciated. If I remember her DP team right, Cynthia has Garchomp, Spiritomb, Gastrodon, Lucario, Roserade, and...I can't remember the last one. It's not Togekiss, that's only in Platinum.

All Cynthia's Pokemons have perfect IV. Add to that a balanced team, a Pokemon with no Weakness (at the time : Spiritomb.) and a Pseudo-Legendary (Garchomp.) (The last one is apparently Milotic. In Gen V she replaces Gastrodon by Glaceon.)

No matter she's so strong.

I actually am really awaiting the Gen IV remake. I bought Diamond since my GBA wasn't working anymore (the right sid of the cross wasn't working...) and it's the one when I got my first Shiny (a Wurmple that Evolved into Beautifly), and my first PokéRus (I guess it was from a Steelix in the Iron Island (the one when you get Riolu) but can't really prove it.)

Myself, I restarted Omega Ruby with the Multi exp on and I continue to play on Pokemon X.

​I caught a Shiny Shroomish while doing DexNav chains.

Just finished up a Black 2 playthrough on challenge mode. That's the only Pokemon game I've played through so many times.

Also why do you all find Cynthia so hard? She leads with a damn Spiritomb, just send out Infernape and Swords Dance. Or you know pretty much anything else that can set up.

Cynthia is quite a good and balanced Champion. The first time I played Pearl I beat her with Infernape, Roserade, Palkia and Mismagius. Infernape dealt with Lucario and her Roserade, Roserade KO'd Gastrodon and Milotic, Palkia wrecked Garchomp and Spiritomb, and Mismagius was just there because she stomped Lucian.

With your team Infernape covers Lucario and Roserade, Luxray deals with Milotic, Garchomp chomps Garchomp, Lopunny can deal with Gastrodon, and Staraptor with Spiritomb. Just have them at good levels. Also, note thay you'll need one or two HM slaves. Btw, Lumineon can Ice Beam Garchomp but idk if she will be able to one shot him.

Just finished up a Black 2 playthrough on challenge mode. That's the only Pokemon game I've played through so many times.

Also why do you all find Cynthia so hard? She leads with a damn Spiritomb, just send out Infernape and Swords Dance. Or you know pretty much anything else that can set up.

Out of curiosity, what level were your Infernape? Did you use a Legendary?

And some consider the fact the she leads with a Spiritomb, one of the things that make her so difficult.

But I would imagine that Cynthia would be easier in a remake.

Pokemon are stronger now, with better movepools, abilities, and the EXP formula was changed, so leveling up is faster.

DPPt did have a very unforgiving exp formula. They're probably some of the harder games for it.

I've heard of it as well.

It reminds me that a lot of people complained that ORAS was too easy, compared to the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

Indeed it was, but the real reason was becuase the EXP formula changed, and older Pokemon could learn new, stronger moves, and notbecause they made the game easier on purpose.

The Battle Frontier, however, was deemed to hard, which is why it didn't appear.

Edited by Water Mage

Out of curiosity, what level were your Infernape? Did you use a Legendary?

And some consider the fact the she leads with a Spiritomb, one of the things that make her so difficult.

But I would imagine that Cynthia would be easier in a remake.

Pokemon are stronger now, with better movepools, abilities, and the EXP formula was changed, so leveling up is faster.

Around Lv60. No I hate how every story now has you encountering and catching the legends, so I always faint them. My team during that playthrough was Infernape, Gyarados, Staraptor, Roserade, Luxray and Weavile.

I used the same team I used in Sapphire in OR and yeah it was incredibly easier.

I recall Pearl being the first time I knew of EVs and IVs and was open mouthed when Palkia got +80 SpAttk on one level up with the Special Bracelet. Btw I always have a level lead of 5 or 8 lv ups against enemies to assure success.

Around Lv60. No I hate how every story now has you encountering and catching the legends, so I always faint them. My team during that playthrough was Infernape, Gyarados, Staraptor, Roserade, Luxray and Weavile.

I used the same team I used in Sapphire in OR and yeah it was incredibly easier.

Ah, that's why it wasn't hard. Most people I know face Cynthia with a team of Pokemon with levels on their fifties.

And about Saphire and AS, you probably noticed that it's not that the game was easier, it was that the Gen 3 Pokemon that got stronger.

A lot stronger.