Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to cover most of that because opinions, but do you honestly think a lot of Braixen's fanbase only likes it because it looks like a magical girl? That's even the characterization it takes in Pokken. It might not be your problem with Delphox, but I've seen many people hate Delphox just for that.

That fan design is way too witch for Delphox. Delphox is meant to be a classical wizard to match Chesnaught's classical knight and Greninja's classical rogue. All I can think of when I see that design is Sarah Jessica Parker.

I'm not going to cover most of that because opinions, but do you honestly think a lot of Braixen's fanbase only likes it because it looks like a magical girl?

Why are you asking me this question? You are the one who brought the magical girl stuff on the table.

That's even the characterization it takes in Pokken..

Because of... victory animations? In term of gameplay, the only thing I see as magical girl is the pink cercle that shows up in some of its attack but it might be justified because Braixen can learn psychic moves.

It might not be your problem with Delphox, but I've seen many people hate Delphox just for that.

Many doesn't mean everyone. Many can be as far as even less than 10 for that matter.

That fan design is way too witch for Delphox. Delphox is meant to be a classical wizard to match Chesnaught's classical knight and Greninja's classical rogue. All I can think of when I see that design is Sarah Jessica Parker.

In my opinion, it still look much better that its original design. Delphox just look like a bipedal fox with a big dress and a stick on fire.

Edited by Nym

Part of my problem with Delphox is the model. The artwork for it isn't all that bad, and has a bit of personality to it. The in-game model, on the other hand...it's really kind of bland.

Moving on from Starfox. >.> Has anybody else heard the rumor that Sun & Moon will most likely not have gyms involved? If the rumor is certainly true, that would be the absolute turning point for me in not buying the game at all. I'd rather have a Gym League than a Pokemon's version of Hawaiian tradition and the new weird Z-Move thing. Guess that also means I'd skip out on Salandit, Mimikyu, and Alola Exeggutor, but oh well. That's 40$ saved on just 3 pokemon so far for me :/

Moving on from Starfox. >.> Has anybody else heard the rumor that Sun & Moon will most likely not have gyms involved? If the rumor is certainly true, that would be the absolute turning point for me in not buying the game at all. I'd rather have a Gym League than a Pokemon's version of Hawaiian tradition and the new weird Z-Move thing. Guess that also means I'd skip out on Salandit, Mimikyu, and Alola Exeggutor, but oh well. That's 40$ saved on just 3 pokemon so far for me :/

The Hawaiian tradition is the gyms. They're type based leaders who you'll likely fight. There'll just be some different puzzles and setting than just inside a gym.

It's basically the Orange Islands arc of the anime.

It's basically been replaced with the Island Trials with the Trial Captains being pretty much a different sort of Gym Leader.

It's different, but it's still at its core a plot advancing thingie.

I don't particularly like Fennekin's entire line. Even before I knew what a Chespin was and only knew Greninja because of Smash Bros, I knew I wasn't picking a Fennekin.

Chesnaught is ok to me, it's really cool. I like Delphox but as Dai mentioned, its in-game model is meh, but its design is cool (although I like Braixen much more); and Greninja is terrible to my tastes but I can't deny the originality of its design.

I nearly chose Froakie just because it was not Fennekin and the only one I was familiar with. (Thanks Smash Bros.) But after I found out you could get the legendary birds in this game I asked my friends which one got me an Articuno. Chespin it was. But I really like Chespin, I'm glad I picked it and I'd pick it again.

#TeamChespin reporting.

Didn't like how all three looked, but Chespin was the one that offended my tastes the least. Normally, I go with the water starter, but Froakie freaked me out.

I'm probably the only person in the world that doesn't really like ANY water types

Like, there's some water/ice hybrids that I really like, and maybe some legendaries, but there's very few water types I like

Not a big fan of any of the Kalos starter final evolutions, but Greninja was my favorite. Some friendly rivalry and a friend of mine starting with Fennekin might have had something to do with that :P:

On the topic of starters, ironically enough my favorite starter's final evolution is usually the one I like the least from that generation.

Happened with Bulbasaur, Totodile, Piplup, Tepig and Fennekin. Treecko is the only one this didn't happen with yet, though it might be happening again this generation.

I'm probably the only person in the world that doesn't really like ANY water types

Like, there's some water/ice hybrids that I really like, and maybe some legendaries, but there's very few water types I like

Lady, you just made a very dangerous enemy out of me.

You don't diss Water types in my presence.