Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it bad that I think that Raichu is WAY cuter than the original?

Also, is this the reveal that we were said to get on the 12th, it just came a tad early?

Who care? It's not even as badass as original and its skin tone is so.....bleach for a surfer. So dont worry, it's not bad.

Edited by Magical CC

DSGJKNSDH

I LOVE THE MAROWAK

Some of my favorites are getting new forms and so far they seem good enough. I think the Raichu one is cute (though I like the original form more) and Marowak looks awesome. I love how it's based off of the fire dancers.

Not a fan of the new Raichu either: it looks like a bigger version of Dedene which is stupid since he's not even Fairy.

Wait, is Guzma salty because he wanted to become a trial captain and was denied? And he formed a team of other rejects (probably the admins) to get revenge somehow? And what are they after besides revenge, if anything at all?

They seem more interesting than previous teams at the moment. An evil team led by rejected gym leaders/trial captains.

Wishiwashi is cool. I wonder exactly how Schooling works, and if it is by level as a leaked clip says, how is it different than evolution?

Edited by Konnor97

Actually, I do like the surfer theme on Alola Raichu, I just don't like its face, too fairy like.

Also, come on Nitendo, you could have pull a massive reference to Marvel if Alola Raichu would be Electric/Steel or Psychic/Steel

... I'm not even sure if Japan DOES know that Marvel exist but oh well.

Edited by Nym

Information overload. Gah!

-Sandcastle ghost is pretty underwhelming.

-Bewear and it's pre-evolution should disappear.

-Team Skull looks pretty silly. I wonder how they'll relate to the story? I fear that they'll be pretty forgettable, especially considering the fact that the leader seems to have the generic revenge plot line going on.

-Alola Raichu is "meh" to me.

-LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Alola Marowak's design.

-Wishiwashi doesn't impress me that much.

- I really want to see the Dark Type Persian.

You know what? Regarding Wishiwashi, I just want to say this: "WE ARE LEGION. WE ARE MANY. WE ARE ONE."

Can't tell if you paraphrased it for the sake of the joke but the quote is actually "My name is Legion for we are many"

-Team Skull looks pretty silly. I wonder how they'll relate to the story? I fear that they'll be pretty forgettable, especially considering the fact that the leader seems to have the generic revenge plot line going on.

Nah, it seems to be something much more interesting. Some of the new screenshots show him interacting with Prof. Kukui as if they know each other, and talking about rejects. It's most likely relating to team members, but I could be wrong. I think it'll be interesting.

Also, where the hell did you even get a Revenge plot from? We've only gotten one line from him, and it has nothing to do with revenge.

Also Bewear and it's pre-evo have good lore.

Edited by TrueEm

Keep chugging those ultra balls, team skull. =D

Also, curious as to why we see regular pokemon starting to evolve and then get shown the alolan forms. I hope this doesn't mean we won't get things like alolan mouth evolving into regular persian.

Japanese Trailer :

*snipped!*

Not much new, but I love Team Skull's Theme : "YEAH!".

I love the way they did the Sea Cucumber's Innards Out thing. It actually looks adorable and IT TURNS INTO A FIST.

I guess the idea of Team Skull being Pirates is off. They're indeed punk themed. Hopefully they do cool stuff, or else they'll definitely get forgotten.

I still really like Alola Raichu. It's just really adorable, and it's gonna be viable in Doubles with Taku Koko! Also, Psychic type makes sense. It uses its Psychic powers to constantly ride on its tail!

Confirmed, Alola Marowak is indeed based on Fire Dancers. I kinda hope we get a luau cutscene with them dancing. :3 It's animations also looks SOOO cool!

Lightning Rod will make it immune to Electric, Fighting and Normal, and if it's a special attacker, it'll be a great switch against Electric moves. Cubone and Marowak get Earth Power in the normal game, so it can already get great coverage.

Wishawashi isn't going to be competitively viable, calling it now. Unless it has crazy high speed or bulk in it's school form, it's not gonna be good.

Mushroom is probably a new Spore user. It's automatically viable in competitive. It's type is... decent. 4x weakness to Poison? Nah, this thing can't beat out Amoongus. Still, not bad. Maybe if it has more speed...

Innards out looks like it's either an Auto Destiny Bond, or a better Aftermath. Perhaps it does as much damage as it takes from the killing blow? Max HP that man, and you got yourself a killer. Still not too viable, but decent.

I love how much purrsonality Alola Meowth has. It's so sassy and amazing. They did a purrfect job.

Also, curious as to why we see regular pokemon starting to evolve and then get shown the alolan forms. I hope this doesn't mean we won't get things like alolan mouth evolving into regular persian.

For Pikachu, it makes sense. Cubone and Exeggcute don't. Anyways, I doubt the evolutions won't be Alola forms. Sandshrew and Vulpix both evolve into Alola forms.

EDIT: TEAM SKULL WAS IN THE WALLED CITY! We finally see what it is! Aaaaand it's just a normal city from the looks of it. Still cool that we finally see it.

I can see the translation team having a lot of fun writing Team Skull's dialogue. I can't wait!

Edited by TrueEm

So, we are getting Ghastly, Drowzee, Spinarak and Trubbish in Alola? (Based on Team Skull grunts using them, except Trubbish which I think was wild?)

I guess now we wait to see if we'll get Alolan Gengar, Hypno or Garbodor...

Cubone and Pikachu being in their regular forms and evolving to Alolan Marowak and Raichu is... A bit weird. They do kind of do make sense though. Pikachu is so iconic giving it a form too different would probably backfire (though I still would have wanted to see electric/water surfing Pikachu and Raichu, but alas). And if you consider Alolan Marowak an extension on the mother Marowak from Kanto games, Cubone evolving to ghost kind of makes sense too. Would have preferred Cubone getting its Alolan form too though.

On that note, what are the chances we actually will get Alolan Pikachu/Cubone and the regular ones were only used in the trailer to hide them for whatever reason?

Also, I wonder if Alolan forms are just a visual/type upgrade, or will they come with stat boosts and moveset changes as well? I suppose withoutthose most of the new forms won't really be that viable for competitive play.

Maybe some princess wanted to make Raichu cuter so some servants bred Pikachu until they got Raichu like that? It happened to Meowth!

Sure, that could have happened. I imagine that psychic takes some expert breeding though. Or worse.

So, we are getting Ghastly, Drowzee, Spinarak and Trubbish in Alola? (Based on Team Skull grunts using them, except Trubbish which I think was wild?)

I guess now we wait to see if we'll get Alolan Gengar, Hypno or Garbodor...

Cubone and Pikachu being in their regular forms and evolving to Alolan Marowak and Raichu is... A bit weird. They do kind of do make sense though. Pikachu is so iconic giving it a form too different would probably backfire (though I still would have wanted to see electric/water surfing Pikachu and Raichu, but alas). And if you consider Alolan Marowak an extension on the mother Marowak from Kanto games, Cubone evolving to ghost kind of makes sense too. Would have preferred Cubone getting its Alolan form too though.

On that note, what are the chances we actually will get Alolan Pikachu/Cubone and the regular ones were only used in the trailer to hide them for whatever reason?

Also, I wonder if Alolan forms are just a visual/type upgrade, or will they come with stat boosts and moveset changes as well? I suppose withoutthose most of the new forms won't really be that viable for competitive play.

Sure, that could have happened. I imagine that psychic takes some expert breeding though. Or worse.

I can see Pikachu not changing form, but for Cubone it's wierder, sicne it would change type completely, which doens't happens so often (Azurill Pre-Gen VI is the only one coming to mind right now, the other keeping at least one of their type. Not counting Eevee, of course.)

I can get behind Exeggcute and Pikachu staying the same, but Cubone is really strange.

We'll see, I guess...

Sandshrew and Sandslah' description evokes type change (slower, but bulkier), and they may have some sort of type change.

It could lead to some interresting move options though. I'd like Ninetails to be an Ice Type with Will-o-Wisp, for example.

I love the Team Skull already.

cce.gif

They are rapping!

And is it wrong of me to be disappointed that Pyukumuku's Innards Out ability isn't as gruesome as we though?

And about getting the original forms of the Alola Form Pokemon, I'm pretty sure there will something like a post-game area in Alola that has a similar climate to the other regions, and the Pokemon will have their original forms.

Edited by Water Mage

Also the pose the Skull guys are sitting in before the lead one starts speaking is the typical "Japanese Delinquent" pose, you see in quite a bit of their media.

Alolan Raichu gives me vibes that maybe Puka will make a return in the Alola anime series.

That would be pretty cool.

I can see Pikachu not changing form, but for Cubone it's wierder, sicne it would change type completely, which doens't happens so often (Azurill Pre-Gen VI is the only one coming to mind right now, the other keeping at least one of their type. Not counting Eevee, of course.)

I can get behind Exeggcute and Pikachu staying the same, but Cubone is really strange.

We'll see, I guess...

Sandshrew and Sandslah' description evokes type change (slower, but bulkier), and they may have some sort of type change.

It could lead to some interresting move options though. I'd like Ninetails to be an Ice Type with Will-o-Wisp, for example.

Oh, I definitely agree Cubone having its own Alolan form would be better. All I'm saying is, I can see the logic behind Marowak being the only one with ghost type if I consider it a reference to the mother Marowak.

Which doesn't prevent Cubone from being fire type, of course. Fire or Ground/Fire Cubone would have been the ideal for me I think

And is it wrong of me to be disappointed that Pyukumuku's Innards Out ability isn't as gruesome as we though?

I'm equal parts releived and disappointed to be honest.

(Also I could see Alolan Safari Zone having original forms of those pokemon)