Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I don't like mono-ground as a defensive type tbqh. Sure, it is immune to electric but not much else. Steel is so much better.

That's the thing about the Ground type, by itself, it's already a solid defensive type, but Ground can be combined with any type, with almost always positve results. Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were Gen 5, my list if Top 5 types would be the same as yours, but Gen 6, I have to replace Steel with Fairy.

Steel recieved a major nerf in Gen 6, and losing it's Dark resistance really, really hurts it. Especially with Pursuit and Knock Off being so common.

And the reason why Fairy is on my Top 5 list is because of their weaknesses. It sounds weird, I know, but honestly, to me, the reason why Fairy is so good has little to do with it's immunity and advantage over Dragon, despite it being their major selling point. Honeslty, Fairy's advantage over Dragon isn't anything special really.

The real charm of the Fairy type is it's uncommon weaknesses. Steel and Poison are very uncommon attacking types, and Pokemon that can use Steel and Poison STAB are to busy to waste a move slot on an attacking. This makes Fairy a very easy type to switch in and out.

There's a reason why Clefable is such a bitch to take down.

Steel type OFFENSE actually become way better this gen because of the Knock Off buff. What is the #1 Steel Check? Skarm didn't lose to it, but hates getting its Lefties down, Heatran hates Knock Off. Rotom Hates Knock Off. Landorus Therian is a catch all check and this one actually didn't beat Steel 100% of the time - Metagross have Ice Punch. Scizor can SDRoost +6 Bullet Punch and thats actually the Top 2 Mega in OU(Top 5 Mega - Scizor, Metagross, Loppuny, and Medi or Zard X)

One thing that makes Fairy type looks bad in showing is for a Fairy type to be viable, as of now, they need to have broken as shit ability, amazing secondary typing, or godlike movepool, usually 2 of them

Altaria have Pixilate and its movepool is basically standard Dragon typing(so Fire Blast and EQ) + Heal Bell

Gardevoir have Pixilate with 165 SpA, alongside Wow T Bolt Focus Blast and Memento

Diancie is literally a Rock Type Special Attacker with reliable accuracy and it didn't take long to explain how this is ridiculously good. I think i used Shit Mon like Carbink too much to know about this

Azumarril is a Water Type with 150 Base ATK. Fairy Type isn't really a 100% Advantage even if it do help it from BRB dying against Latios, but its BellyJet pushes it to OU so hard

Clefable have 2 broken ability(one that is enough to push Quagsire to OU), and its movepool is as broken as Drudiggon anyway

Klefki is like Deoxys D - not really broken, they just happen to have and makes great use of Spikes and Thunder Wave, 2 ridiculously overpowered move.

Edited by JSND

Water moves in VGC are almost entirely invalidated under this year's rules, due to the ubiquity of Primal Groudon. Scald is much more powerful in the OU standard used in most online battles, though.

Edited by Samias

It's funny how almost every type has to worry about getting burned by scald and the only one that doesn't can't switch into it.

That's what makes the move so good in my opinion.

One thing that makes Fairy type looks bad in showing is for a Fairy type to be viable, as of now, they need to have broken as shit ability, amazing secondary typing, or godlike movepool, usually 2 of them

Doesn't that aply to every type, not just Fairy?

Besides, every Polemon hates Knock Off.

But I wouldn't nerf it personally, since it's a bit of a one trick pony.

Water moves in VGC are almost entirely invalidated under this year's rules, due to the ubiquity of Primal Groudon. Scald is much more powerful in the OU standard used in most online battles, though.

Yeah Groudon probably has a lot to do with that.

I am aware that Scald is more prevalent in other formats, but given that VGC is what's used for Pokemon's official tournaments I'd imagine there would be a bit more thought given to it than other formats when balancing.

Of course that's just speculation on my part, I don't know what the process is actually like.

Yeah Groudon probably has a lot to do with that.

I am aware that Scald is more prevalent in other formats, but given that VGC is what's used for Pokemon's official tournaments I'd imagine there would be a bit more thought given to it than other formats when balancing.

Of course that's just speculation on my part, I don't know what the process is actually like.

The fact of the matter is that most people don't play VGC. Like previously mentioned, and abilities aside, Scald can hit any Pokémon with a 100% accuracy and have a chance to burn them, aside from Fire types, but they're weak to it.

The whole every pokemon hates Knock Off is actually kinda false. On most pokemon getting hit by Knock is like "oh im less efficient now"

On Mon that recovers solely on Leftovers, its like "fuck. 4 Stealth Rock and 3 Not very effective away from geting 6-0 by talonflame"

Also nerfing it is kinda hard.

40 - 60 on item is underpowered because the baseline for worth using is 70

45 - 67 is underpowered but more of in the middle

50 - 75 is overpowered for the same reason Low Sweep is nerfed from 60 to 65

For me the exact number is actually 65 with 30% increase hitting 84.5 Base Power which is Crunch value

To be honest Thunder Wave is much more broken than any other move so fucking kill that

To be honest Thunder Wave is much more broken than any other move so fucking kill that

I gotta agree with that. I would lower it's accuracy.

You know, if Mimikyu can learn Thunder Wave, combined with it's Disguise ability, it's actually gonna pretty terrifying.

And, being a Ghost type, it can probably learn it.

Well, you could argue that it was technically 99.6% in the generation one games, but that was a glitch that affected almost every single move (with the exception of I think Swift?) in the game. Regardless, Thunder Wave has had perfect accuracy for every game.

I don't see how lowering the accuracy of anything is a good idea.

Some moves are just too broken to have 100% accuracy.

Take Hypnosis for example, it has low accuracy, but it puts Pokemon to sleep.

Crobat can learn Hypnosis. Try to imagine a Crobat with a 100% accurate Hypnosis.

It would break to game so much, it's not even funny.