Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Why is everyone talking about Gen 1 btw ?

People: "Thunder Wave is OP with 100% accuracy"

Me: "Wasn't it 50% accuracy pre-gen V?"

Person: "Nope. 100% since gen I, though technically 99.6%"

And here it is now.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I play GSC in-game, 100% accurate status moves used by the AI occasionally fail. No clue why.

I believe that's just a mechanic they built into the game. I assume to give the players an easier time of things.

I don't think anything in RBY OU actually runs Fire Blast specifically for Exeguttor? It's got high special defence and all viable users of the move lack STAB. Blizzard is way more common however, and it's a bargain with high accuracy and 120 BP.

I was mentioning that the only reason you would even use Fire in RBY is to roast Egg. Obviously Fire(and a bunch of other types) doesn't even exist in RBY OU

I leave for 2 days and we go that far off topic?!

Jeez, I guess with no announcements for another 10 days, there really isn't much to talk about huh.

Speaking of which... I'm kinda curious why they didn't formally announce the Cutiefly evolution yet. Last time they snuck something into a trailer, they didn't take long to show it off officially. Now they're just gonna leave us hanging on this one? I want to know why it exists, damn it!

Evo was announced pretty late usually i think?

Last evo leaks i remember was the Rock Wolf, and only quick evo leaks i remember was Haxorus

One of the Japanese adventure trailers showed what looks like a Cutiefly evo going into a Poké Ball for a brief second.

So apparently there's going to be a demo. What would you guys want in it? I would be cool if it was just the Battle Royal with like 20 random Pokemon to choose from. and have online and local battling. Are you guys hoping the demo gets data mined?

There's been no confirmation- Nintendo shot down the presence of a demo at a certain event, which has made some people think it's a confirmation that there is one.

Yes, we did get a Fates demo. :/

I think it would be silly to have had a demo for ORAS, but not any other new Pokemon game.

Edited by Anacybele

But we did. I remember playing it. It was just for the first five chapters of the game, up to the route split point. I'm pretty sure.

Isn't that how the digital version works?

Do we really need a demo though? It's not like the gameplay is changing or anything. I guess if the demo was more plot based, showing stuff happening in Alola before the player character gets there, I could get behind that. If its just like the ORAS demo eehhh cool too I guess? Idk, didn't play it very long.

Isn't that how the digital version works?

I don't know, I never got that one, I got a physical copy. And anyway, now that I think about it, I'm not sure there was a demo for Fates, though if there was, it actually wasn't for all five of pre-split chapters. I strangely remember playing a few chapters from it in a demo, but not all of them, as I remember seeing certain parts from those chapters only once (I decided to start at the split for my Revelation playthrough). I do remember playing chapter five twice though, at least and I would have twice if I played it in a demo and then in Birthright, but skipping it in Revelation.

But yes, I think we do need a Sun/Moon demo after how nice the ORAS one was. And I still think it's stupid to give one game a demo, but not another.

I don't recall a demo for Fates; and if it existed I just didn't pay attention to it. Differently for ORAS or SSB4, which I actually recall about them. There was the Treehouse though, and they played all the chapters throughout the beginning and did Chapter 7 IIRC.

Anyways, I think it is kinda late to have a SM demo, the game is coming in a month and a half and, yet, they have stuff to reveal. like the starters evolutions and their supposed secret!

Anyways, we have more news coming on Tuesday so HYPW

Anyways, we have more news coming on Tuesday so HYPW

This Tuesday? Do we know anything about what they'll show? I remember them saying something about showing Type: Null's true power, so hopefully that's then.

Where can you find out when they'll release new info by the way?

Speaking of the starters, one of my friends on Miiverse noticed that on the Japanese Pokemon website, they put up something advertising that they'd be announcing new Pokemon Sun/Moon stuff soon, and in that image, they included pictures of the three starters. My friend speculated that perhaps this indicated that they'd finally be showing off the middle evolutions of the starters, but after looking at the website myself, I don't think it really means anything. Then again, I don't speak Japanese, so what do I know? Still thought it might be worth bringing up.

This Tuesday? Do we know anything about what they'll show? I remember them saying something about showing Type: Null's true power, so hopefully that's then.

I think the stuff with Type: Null is Corocoro.

"The official site promises new information on October 4th at 22:00 JST, which is 14:00 BST, 09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT"

Well I just visit Serebii daily to catch any news and once they finish a trailer or batch of news, they generally announce the next date of incoming news.

Regarding the content, I don't know exactly, but perhaps they'll expand on Type: Null (damn this poke name is like a codename of something) and most likely reveal more Ultra Beasts. I'm sure they said they'll bring more info about newer UBs. Maybe they can throw one or two exclusives but my expectations aren't so high.