Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Yup, Amazon says my pre-order won't arrive until the 22nd or later. That's upsetting.

Digital pre-order is so good :D. I played fates almost the instant it came out here in North America. Havent stopped buying games digitally since.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Digital pre-order is so good :D. I played fates almost the instant it came out here in North America. Havent stopped buying games digitally since.

I think I'll go digital as well, since 50 USD eShop card is basically equal to buying it at retail stores here. Plus I can invest 40 on the game and 5 on the Bank YES.

I go physical to save space on the SD card... Kid Icarus: Uprising took up a crapton of space.

You could get a bigger SD card?

Digital master race here as well. Still not sure if I'm getting it on launch though.

You could get a bigger SD card?

This I have a 32 Gig SD card. Currently have Metal Gear Solid 3, Alpha sapphire, DK country returns, Fates:Conquest, and Sun downloaded and i still have plenty of space left :D

I have a 16 GB one... It hasn't been an issue until now, but with Moon taking nearly 3 GB (I forget how much exactly) things are getting problematic. I'll have to start deleting stuff if I decide to install, say, a Pokemon Sun/Moon hack for another 0 exp runthrough or something.

It's a very good idea tbqh. Unlike it's been previously with mega evolution, several in-game trainers do use Z-moves in battle with you, and knowing when to anticipate one and having Protect ready is a cheesy way of getting around the huge damage that's about to be dished out. 25% damage does make it more bearable but still, you just did nothing to the opposition while they put a slight dent into you - even with the good tactical decision, you're still facing the music.

Do you think Z-moves will dominate the meta game? From the look of things they're bloody powerful, so frail Pokémon will easily get knocked out.

Probably. It will probably help a ton against bulky things and walls or serious threats...Frail pokemon generally die to a sneeze anyway though. just look at Alakazam. Thing will be ohko by basically anything.

Do you think Z-moves will dominate the meta game? From the look of things they're bloody powerful, so frail Pokémon will easily get knocked out.

You will probably see it often, just like mega, but remember: you are wasting a item slot for a single use move

You will probably see it often, just like mega, but remember: you are wasting a item slot for a single use move

Yeah, but that single move could that annoying Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Eviolite Chansey, Clefable or Amoongus that would otherwise stall your team to death.

Edited by Water Mage

This I have a 32 Gig SD card. Currently have Metal Gear Solid 3, Alpha sapphire, DK country returns, Fates:Conquest, and Sun downloaded and i still have plenty of space left :D

Yo Slayer, be there when I need Sun stuff while I can trade Moon stuff for you! :awesome:

Yeah, but that single move could that annoying Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Eviolite Chansey, Clefable or Amoongus that would otherwise stall your team to death.

Or you could be a troll like me and use a Mega Gengar with Perish Song for walls xD.

Edited by Nym

Or you could be a troll like me and use a Mega Gengar with Perish Song for walls xD.

Problem with that is that Mega Gengar, while super strong is very fragile.

Most common walls, such as Gliscor, Clefable and even Ferrothorn have a way of dealing with it.

Edited by Water Mage

Problem with that is that Mega Gengar, while super strong is very fragile.

Most common walls, such as Gliscor, Clefable and even Ferrothorn have a way of dealing with it.

Say hello to Protect and Will-O-Whisp

(But most walls have Toxic is we are talking about stalling except for Gliscor).

I'm not sure myself. The Z-move can only be used once, and you could waste it by attacking a switch-in or the wrong Pokemon, or find no application for it during a fight. Is it better to attack with a Z-move once or attack 4 times with Life Orb recoil before being struck down? Hard to say really.

They are significantly more powerful in-game, yet still not nearly as powerful as some of the gen 6 mega-evolutions were (you had access to some really overkill stuff in both regions). You can't expect Z-moves to carry you in a battle where the opponent clearly has the upper hand, while a mega evolution could achieve exactly as much.

I wonder which version is best for a 0 experience run... I guess A-Sandslash is better than A-Ninetales because of that typing, but everything else? I imagine Drampa could be helpful with that Berserk ability too. Not sure about the two apes though.