Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Okay, trying to paralyze it with Jaq the Pikachu did work, but...I got super lucky.

As I thought, Jaq couldn't survive a hit from Lurantis, but his Static still kicked in. And then Lurantis's partner was a Trumbeak instead of Castform. I didn't need any items, Flit the Trumbeak could outspeed it and take out Lurantis easily, then I just brought out Bruno the Rockruff to take care of the opponent Trumbeak.

Bruno evolved too!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do power items stop you from getting the wild pokemon EVs if they don't match? For example, if i want Speed evs and hunt a wild chancey with the power item equipped, do i still get HP EV's as well?

No, they don't. At least in the previous gen it didn't.

If you have a 'mon equipped with a Power Anklet - which raises speed - and you fight, say, an Oddish - which gives SpA EVs - you will get both Spe and SpA EVs. I know this because when I was EV training two 'mons with the same EV spread in ORAS, I would equip them with the necessary Power Items and train them both at once as the Power items and the wild 'mons would give them EVs.

Edited by saisymbolic

Does Bounsweet appear only in the morning/day or something? I can't find a single one in Lush Jungle, but I've found pretty much everything else... (Fomantis, Bonsly, Metapod, Caterpie, Morelull, Trumbeak, Paras...)

Does Bounsweet appear only in the morning/day or something? I can't find a single one in Lush Jungle, but I've found pretty much everything else... (Fomantis, Bonsly, Metapod, Caterpie, Morelull, Trumbeak, Paras...)

It only appears in the left area, the one with the small half-circle shaped piece of grass. Anytime.

Edited by Konnor97

I just ended up breeding a Bounsweet for myself, since someone in a Pokemon Center wanted to trade one for a Lillipup.

Also, I really wish there was some way in-game to keep track of the requests you get, because I'm pretty sure I still have a few to do but I don't remember what they are.

Edited by AzureSen

It only appears in the left area, the one with the small half-circle shaped piece of grass. Anytime.

Well, I wish someone would've said that earlier when it was being talked about with me. Thanks.

Well, I wish someone would've said that earlier when it was being talked about with me. Thanks.

Ah, I'm sorry.

I was going to mention it, but I forgot.

Also, you beat Totem Lurantis, which was probably the hardest boss in the game

That being said, I wouldn't let my guard down. There are still some hard bosses down the road. Nothing as hard as Lurantis though.

Right yeah. Which is another reason I still want the Bounsweet line and Alolan Vulpix line despite already having six Pokemon. Having FOUR Pokemon weak to Grass and one not very effective against Grass is just not going to do. Three of my team are also weak to Water. And even though Cubone will eventually evolve into a Fire type Marowak, that still leaves three other Pokemon weak to Grass.

I put Bruno the Lycanroc in the PC for now so I can level up the Bounsweet I finally got, named Tiana (good thing they're always female lol). It and Arie the Brionne will come in handy against Olivia.

heard people complaining about things that aren't actually hard if you actually use all the tools that the game gives you

x items are gr8, status moves are similarly gr8, since damage isn't the be-all end-all in this game

carrion

Speaking of Cubone and Marowak, Cubone evolves at level 28, but only at night.

Really? Thanks for telling me. I really only play during the day, so I'm glad to know. I'd have been stuck with a Cubone when I thought I should've had a Marowak. xP

It's probably a bit late for this, but here's a list of new Pokémon organized by type so we can see what types got the short end of the stick this generation (and for team building, if you prefer). Alolan variants are in parentheses. Legendaries, Mythicals and Ultra Beasts are excluded so some types might look more barren than they actually are (I'll make an updated list once I've completed the game). For convenience, Silvally only counts as a Normal type.

Normal: Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Stufful, Bewear, Oranguru, Type: Null, Silvally, Komala, Drampa (Rattata, Raticate)

Fire: Litten, Torracat, Incineroar, Oricorio, Salandit, Salazzle, Turtonator (Marowak)

Fighting: Crabrawler, Crabominable, Stufful, Bewear, Passimian, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o

Water: Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Wishiwashi, Mareanie, Toxapex, Dewpider, Araquanid, Wimpod, Golisopod, Pyukumuku, Bruxish

Flying: Rowlet, Dartrix, Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Oricorio, Minior

Grass: Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye, Fomantis, Lurantis, Morelull, Shiinotic, Bousweet, Steenee, Tsareena, Dhelmise (Exeggutor)

Poison: Mareanie, Toxapex, Salandit, Salazzle (Grimer, Muk)

Electric: Charjabug, Vikavolt, Oricorio, Togedemaru (Raichu, Geodude, Graveler, Golem)

Ground: Mudbray, Mudsdale, Sandygast, Palossand (Diglett, Dugtrio)

Psychic: Oricorio, Oranguru, Bruxish (Raichu)

Rock: Rockruff, Lycanroc, Minior (Geodude, Graveler, Golem)

Ice: Crabominable (Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales)

Bug: Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Ribombee, Dewpider, Araquanid, Wimpod, Golisopod

Dragon: Turtonator, Drampa, Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o (Exeggutor)

Ghost: Decidueye, Oricorio, Sandygast, Palossand, Mimikyu, Dhelmise (Marowak)

Dark: Incineroar (Rattata, Raticate, Meowth, Persian, Grimer, Muk)

Steel: Togedemaru (Sandshrew, Sandslash, Diglett, Dugtrio)

Fairy: Primarina, Cutiefly, Ribombee, Morelull, Shiinotic, Comfey, Mimikyu (Ninetales)

Here's also a list on how to evolve all the new Pokémon. I know you can just look it up on Serebii or something but whatever, enjoy my unnecessary work!

Rowlet -> Level 17 -> Dartrix -> Level 34 -> Decidueye
Litten -> Level 17 -> Torracat -> Level 34 -> Incineroar
Popplio -> Level 17 -> Brionne -> Level 34 -> Primarina
Yungoos -> Level 20 (day) -> Gumshoos
Grubbin -> Level 20 -> Charjabug -> Level up at Vast Poni Canyon -> Vikavolt
Crabrawler -> Level up at Mt. Lanakila -> Crabominable
Cutiefly -> Level 25 -> Ribombee
Rockruff -> Level 25 (day, Sun version) -> Lycanroc (Midday)
Rockruff -> Level 25 (night, Moon version) -> Lycanroc (Midnight)
Mareanie -> Level 38 -> Toxapex
Mudbray -> Level 30 -> Mudsdale
Dewpider -> Level 22 -> Araquanid
Fomantis -> Level 34 (day) -> Lurantis
Morelull -> Level 24 -> Shiinotic
Salandit -> Level 33 (female only) -> Salazzle
Stufful -> Level 27 -> Beware
Bounsweet -> Level 18 -> Steenee -> Level up knowing Stomp -> Tsareena
Wimpod -> Level 30 -> Golisopod
Sandygast -> Level 42 -> Palossand
Type: Null -> Friendship -> Silvally
Jangmo-o -> Level 35 -> Hakamo-o -> Level 45 -> Kommo-o
Alolan Rattata -> Level 20 (night) -> Raticate
Alolan Meowth -> Friendship -> Persian
Alolan Cubone -> Level 28 (night) -> Marowak
Alolan Sandshrew -> Ice Stone -> Sandslash
Alolan Vulpix -> Ice Stone -> Ninetales

All other Alolan varients evolve the same way as their original versions. In addition, Magneton and Nosepass evolve at Vast Poni Canyon as Charjabug does, while Eevee evolves into Leafeon near the Moss Rock in Lush Jungle and into Glaceon by the Icy Rock on Mt. Lanakila.

I personally never used X items myself. I just sell them for extra munnies. But, status moves are always good. At one point, I used to have at least half of my squad with a status move on their move set. I still even use stat reduction moves like Charm at times because of how useful they are.

At any rate, I'm about to go to Team Skull Central. I went back and replaced about half of my party.

Agni the Torracat is now Agni the Incineroar.

Senya the Oricorio and Paulonia the Araquanid both have sadly been replaced by Quasar the Minior and Anemone the Chinchou, respectively.

Hitodama the Mimikyu has made home on the squad after about fifteen minutes of fighting Golbats.

Agro the Mudsdale and Bouncee the Tsareena are still holding down the crew.

I think I'll pass on Abra due to having issues with trading and no Bank.

It's probably a bit late for this, but here's a list of new Pokémon organized by type so we can see what types got the short end of the stick this generation (and for team building, if you prefer). Alolan variants are in parentheses. Legendaries, Mythicals and Ultra Beasts are excluded so some types might look more barren than they actually are (I'll make an updated list once I've completed the game). For convenience, Silvally only counts as a Normal type.

Normal: Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Stufful, Bewear, Oranguru, Type: Null, Silvally, Komala, Drampa (Rattata, Raticate)

Fire: Litten, Torracat, Incineroar, Oricorio, Salandit, Salazzle, Turtonator (Marowak)

Fighting: Crabrawler, Crabominable, Stufful, Bewear, Passimian, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o

Water: Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Wishiwashi, Mareanie, Toxapex, Dewpider, Araquanid, Wimpod, Golisopod, Pyukumuku, Bruxish

Flying: Rowlet, Dartrix, Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Oricorio, Minior

Grass: Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye, Fomantis, Lurantis, Morelull, Shiinotic, Bousweet, Steenee, Tsareena, Dhelmise (Exeggutor)

Poison: Mareanie, Toxapex, Salandit, Salazzle (Grimer, Muk)

Electric: Charjabug, Vikavolt, Oricorio, Togedemaru (Raichu, Geodude, Graveler, Golem)

Ground: Mudbray, Mudsdale, Sandygast, Palossand (Diglett, Dugtrio)

Psychic: Oricorio, Oranguru, Bruxish (Raichu)

Rock: Rockruff, Lycanroc, Minior (Geodude, Graveler, Golem)

Ice: Crabominable (Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales)

Bug: Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Ribombee, Dewpider, Araquanid, Wimpod, Golisopod

Dragon: Turtonator, Drampa, Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o (Exeggutor)

Ghost: Decidueye, Oricorio, Sandygast, Palossand, Mimikyu, Dhelmise (Marowak)

Dark: Incineroar (Rattata, Raticate, Meowth, Persian, Grimer, Muk)

Steel: Togedemaru (Sandshrew, Sandslash, Diglett, Dugtrio)

Fairy: Primarina, Cutiefly, Ribombee, Morelull, Shiinotic, Comfey, Mimikyu (Ninetales)

Here's also a list on how to evolve all the new Pokémon. I know you can just look it up on Serebii or something but whatever, enjoy my unnecessary work!

Rowlet -> Level 17 -> Dartrix -> Level 34 -> Decidueye

Litten -> Level 17 -> Torracat -> Level 34 -> Incineroar

Popplio -> Level 17 -> Brionne -> Level 34 -> Primarina

Yungoos -> Level 20 (day) -> Gumshoos

Grubbin -> Level 20 -> Charjabug -> Level up at Vast Poni Canyon -> Vikavolt

Crabrawler -> Level up at Mt. Lanakila -> Crabominable

Cutiefly -> Level 25 -> Ribombee

Rockruff -> Level 25 (day, Sun version) -> Lycanroc (Midday)

Rockruff -> Level 25 (night, Moon version) -> Lycanroc (Midnight)

Mareanie -> Level 38 -> Toxapex

Mudbray -> Level 30 -> Mudsdale

Dewpider -> Level 22 -> Araquanid

Fomantis -> Level 34 (day) -> Lurantis

Morelull -> Level 24 -> Shiinotic

Salandit -> Level 33 (female only) -> Salazzle

Stufful -> Level 27 -> Beware

Bounsweet -> Level 18 -> Steenee -> Level up knowing Stomp -> Tsareena

Wimpod -> Level 30 -> Golisopod

Sandygast -> Level 42 -> Palossand

Type: Null -> Friendship -> Silvally

Jangmo-o -> Level 35 -> Hakamo-o -> Level 45 -> Kommo-o

Alolan Rattata -> Level 20 (night) -> Raticate

Alolan Meowth -> Friendship -> Persian

Alolan Cubone -> Level 28 (night) -> Marowak

Alolan Sandshrew -> Ice Stone -> Sandslash

Alolan Vulpix -> Ice Stone -> Ninetales

All other Alolan varients evolve the same way as their original versions. In addition, Magneton and Nosepass evolve at Vast Poni Canyon as Charjabug does, while Eevee evolves into Leafeon near the Moss Rock in Lush Jungle and into Glaceon by the Icy Rock on Mt. Lanakila.

Thank you for your effort! It's terribly disappointing seeing the lack of Psychic and Dark pokemon, though.

I hope my copy is delivered tomorrow ~

= EDIT =

The leaks stated that Lycanroc's not version form can be found wild in some route or post game.

Edited by Quintessence

Good grief, this game is good.

So, I finished the Jungle, and got the worst Jojo's pose. Ever. :p

But I kind of agree with Anacybele, most of the time, I roflstomp the battles, only to be slowed down by a wall in the form of a pokemon boss or an arena trainer, which are just glorified PV-bags imo, even when, you know, use type they are supposed to be weak to.
This pink SSJ-dancer of spend most of the battle healing itself. It was just a game of I hit you/you heal you. First with my Fletchinder's fire attacks, who was knocked out in between (It was expected, glass canon and all), then with my Snorlax's normal attacks, which made things even longer. It wasn't hard, it was just boring.

So yep, then a new building is proposed, the game don't let you know what it gives or take, and you can't change them afterward.
That's really a flaw that stand out, along with the quests, funny things. They encourage you to capture pokemon, just like the island, it's really nice I think.

At least, I can finally say that the pokedex is practical and simple. One pokedex for each island, how genius is that ?

Level 14 Magikarp called for help. Level 16 Gyarados came.
Best. What. Ever !

Alolan Marowak is super badass, (inspired by the Delta Charmander, maybe ?) a shame I already have Fletchinder, plus he will fill the 'Fly' semi-gap that Decidueye will cause.

I'll pick him for my second run, with Popplio as my starter.

My team so far is Dartrix lv 32 (My starter, aka Hierophant Green, aka Takumi as he should have been written, aka, Owl/Butler/Sniper), Snorlax lvl 25, (the special Munchlax, a physical monster with ton of PV), Butterfree lvl 24 (A happy surprise that basically jumped in my team by itself), Fletchinder level 23, Gyarados level (The level 14 Magikarp I mentioned earlier), and the greatest of all, Slowpoke. (First catch, first mistake.)

Dartrix and Snorlax are on the definitive team. If the special Munchlax wasn't there I would've caught a good ol' Lilipup at the second island instead, or not, since apparently, you can catch Munchlax right at the first island. Butterfree and Fletchinder are prototype. they're good, but not as hax as Dartrix and Snorlax. I might replace Gyrados with the Ash-Greninja at the 40-ish level area, because even if I love the Magikarp routine, it kind of bore me. And Greninja is a really awesome

I've heard there was a new dragon type pokemon that is almost as good as Garchomp, It's a must have, dunno if it strong or not, or if it's going in my team, it's a must have.

Been playing through this game a ton, near the end of the main story now, methinks.

I've had a really fun time with it.

Surprised by the difficulty of it too.
(Although I'm not using the exp share for bonus challenge.)

Been playing through this game a ton, near the end of the main story now, methinks.

I've had a really fun time with it.

Surprised by the difficulty of it too.

(Although I'm not using the exp share for bonus challenge.)

Same here. Towards the end, my team has been consistently under-leveled. It is rather nice.

Lusamine's Lilligant almost wiped my whole team. I managed to revive and heal 2 pokemon with the last remaining one. Turns out that Petal Dance hit everything hard, even when resisted. It didn't help that marowak, the one that almost took her down was seeded and confused before I could finish her off.

On another note,

[spoiler=After Last trial before E4]

Why do i have to capture solgaleo now :<. Can't i wait for when i have more control over natures >:(

Speaking of natures, what nature does he want? jolly or adamant? I figure I'll stop if i see either but i suppose never hurts to ask

Edited by SlayerX

Edit: Sorry for double post. Dumb thing had an error, i reloaded, and realized i had just done a re-submission by doing so.

Edited by SlayerX

Decided to do some shopping on Akala Island when I arrived...the cruel loafers are made of Liepard fur.

That didn't stop me from buying a pair, though.

Edited by Dai

I like the little details in this game. For instance, if you check the motel on the same route Colress shows up, the woman behind the counter says that some guy payed up-front for a room for two years.

Check the room and there's Gladion, who reacts the way nobody ever does in RPGs when you randomly walk into their living accommodations: "Get out."

Though I found the Colress and Grimsely cameos a bit much. Yeah, I'm still salty about "only one gen V mega and it's freaking Audino", but considering nobody else from a previous generation makes a direct cameo before the postgame, it feels like "hey uh yeah Gen V exists and Masuda-san said he liked it".

BTW, does anybody know when/where you can fight the trial captains?

You guys play through so fast. Didn't you leave yourselves time to really enjoy it? Like did you explore to find some items and more Pokemon and such?

I know I've been slow partly because I'm on vacation, but I did those things. xP

You guys play through so fast. Didn't you leave yourselves time to really enjoy it? Like did you explore to find some items and more Pokemon and such?

I know I've been slow partly because I'm on vacation, but I did those things. xP

Hey, I'm only halfway to Po Town. Given, I would be farther in the game if I didn't have to put in a full 8-hour shift on Saturday and two four-hour ones Sunday and Monday evening. But I've taken time to explore and gone out of my way for some Pokemon.