Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

There might actually be a good reason as for why Cosmoem is heavy.

You see Cosmoem might be based of Neutron Stars which are smallest and densest stars known to exist.

Also I've seen calculations of Cosmoem's height and weight and it shows that it's one of densest Pokemon out there.

I got bored one day and calculated Cosmoem's density with an estimated volume. It was pretty dense.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you add someone on FC and they have Sun/Moon but you haven't really done anything with them, will they still show up in the Festival Plaza?

ALSO is there any way to get that poor Stufful left in that motel room? I'm getting Hachiko vibes from it and that doesn't make me too happy.

I beleive they appear on your guest list (which i think means they will be in the plaza for as longt as they are there, but i am not sure on that).

lillie strongest human in the pokemon world

I must play further into the game. She is my favorite character in the game.

I'm just finished with trial 5 and the game is already enjoyable to play with a facility being added before end of game. Which usually aren't available until after the Champion and E4 battles.

Edited by PuffPuff

I must play further into the game. She is my favorite character in the game.

I'm just finished with trial 5 and the game is already enjoyable to play with a facility being added before end of game. Which usually aren't available until after the Champion and E4 battles.

Are you talking about the Battle Royal?

If you are, i mean it is playable, but hardly winnable at all considering you are like 20-30 levels below when it is first introduced and they don't boost your level IIRC...

Are you talking about the Battle Royal?

If you are, i mean it is playable, but hardly winnable at all considering you are like 20-30 levels below when it is first introduced and they don't boost your level IIRC...

I actually had to lose 96 times to get one battle point every time to get the braces. Only there for those before I don't comeback until finishing the game!

I actually had to lose 96 times to get one battle point every time to get the braces. Only there for those before I don't comeback until finishing the game!

That is quite the dedication. It takes so long to even get into the battles that i can only play it for so long. I get like 2-5 battle points everytime i play the master rank and i still have yet to get all of braces...

I think it's easier to get battle points on the battle tree

They use the same points, right?

yeah hey do. But the battle tree seems to take more commitment IMO.

Battle royal is also close to the nursery that i can just take a break in it from breeding easily. Yeah flying exists but eh.

For Trade: Litten

Pokemon Wanted: Zygarde, Kartana, Necrozama, Kartana, Solgaleo, Celesteela, Buzzwole, Tapu Fini, Celesteela, Solgaleo, Zygarde, Tapu Bulu, Celesteela, Tapu Lele, Celesteela, Tapu Koko, Tapu Koko, Type: Null, Nihilego, Celesteela, Celesteela, Lunala, Cosmog, Lunala, Celesteela, Celesteela, Lunala, Celesteela, Lunala, Cosmog, Nihilego, Lunala, Tapu Kolo, Nihilego, Solgaleo, Tapu Bulu, Lunala, Nihilego, etc.

These people are the literal worst.

Pokemon Wanted: Zygarde, Kartana, Necrozama, Kartana, Solgaleo, Celesteela, Buzzwole, Tapu Fini, Celesteela, Solgaleo, Zygarde, Tapu Bulu, Celesteela, Tapu Lele, Celesteela, Tapu Koko, Tapu Koko, Type: Null, Nihilego, Celesteela, Celesteela, Lunala, Cosmog, Lunala, Celesteela, Celesteela, Lunala, Celesteela, Lunala, Cosmog, Nihilego, Lunala, Tapu Kolo, Nihilego, Solgaleo, Tapu Bulu, Lunala, Nihilego, etc.

yeah, for searches like these, i usually just look for people not asking for special pokemon. It shortens the trade list considerably, but it also means the trades available are the only reasonable ones (somewhat anyway, like a caterprie for a weavile would still be insane).

Random thought: I'm really interested in the sales' numbers by version. Despite the thread poll, it seems like Moon is notably more popular (out of over half a dozen LPs that I'm aware of, only one picked Sun). Plus, it has the "better" exclusives.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, December 14, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, December 14, 2016 - No reason given
FzEgFq.jpg

yhWAx0.jpg

9b0MCy.jpg

iN9SU4.jpg

This Mecha Spider has a perfect IV in Speed. I love it! It even outsped Lunaris in the fifth trial after an X Speed and gave it an X Def after the three stockpile boosts and it tanked the battle like Arceus. No surprise since it's Sp.Def is a little over his.

FzEgFq.jpgyhWAx0.jpg

iN9SU4.jpg9b0MCy.jpg

This Mecha Spider has a perfect IV in Speed. I love it! It even outsped Lunaris in the fifth trial after an X Speed and gave it an X Def after the three stockpile boosts and it tanked the battle like a Cosmic Power Boosted Arceus. No surprise since it's Sp.Def is a little over his. Even without the X Def it tanked great. The X Def was just to make it even more ridiculous. It's even weak to Electric type moves. Of course. Cuz...Mechanical Machines short circuit with electricity. Giving it Aqua Ring made it all the better.

EDIT: Server acting up. Sowwy. x.x

Made a double post.

Set thus far

-Aqua Ring(Auto Repair)

-Bug Bite(Hit)

-Bubble Beam(PK Beam B)

-Stockpile(Def Up A)

Later on...

-Leech Life(Hungry HP Sucker)

-Liquidation(Ram into you)

-Spider Web(Stop!) (Later on since it's useless main game!)

Edited by PuffPuff

Random thought: I'm really interested in the sales' numbers by version. Despite the thread poll, it seems like Moon is notably more popular (out of over half a dozen LPs that I'm aware of, only one picked Sun). Plus, it has the "better" exclusives.

LPers pick Moon since most record at night, and it allows them to play during the day in-game.

Doesn't apply to everyone, of course.

Also... aside from Rufflet/Vullaby, I prefer Sun's. So... yeah. Subjectivity.

Edited by Emerson

Moon generally has the better exclusives if you're into competitive.

Mandibuzz is awesome for pre-bank as a Defogger. Pheromosa is incredible as is Celesteela. Oranguru is one of the best for VGC play.

Sun has the niche Whimsicott and Ninetales, who is a requirement for hail teams.

Moon generally has the better exclusives if you're into competitive.

Mandibuzz is awesome for pre-bank as a Defogger. Pheromosa is incredible as is Celesteela. Oranguru is one of the best for VGC play.

Sun has the niche Whimsicott and Ninetales, who is a requirement for hail teams.

I know. I was referring to personal preference. That's why I said subjectivity.

I have a Litten I got in GTS I'm not using right now. It doesn't have a good nature but if you wanna attempt breeding it I could trade it to you to borrow/keep?

I have a Litten I got in GTS I'm not using right now. It doesn't have a good nature but if you wanna attempt breeding it I could trade it to you to borrow/keep?

It's fine, I ended up getting a Litten later by trading the most valuable Pokemon of them all, Castform.

I had no idea Castform was so wanted.

Oh, I'm on Poni Island. I couldn't sleep last night so I got there.

I already knew ahead of time Lusamine wasn't a good person, but I didn't see any of the dialogue so it still came to me as a surprise how damn harsh she was. "I have no children" kinda stung.

I also didn't expect the Aether Foundation grunts to have that theme. It seems more fitting for an Ultra Beast imo...

I had no idea Castform was so wanted.

Oh, I'm on Poni Island. I couldn't sleep last night so I got there.

I already knew ahead of time Lusamine wasn't a good person, but I didn't see any of the dialogue so it still came to me as a surprise how damn harsh she was. "I have no children" kinda stung.

I also didn't expect the Aether Foundation grunts to have that theme. It seems more fitting for an Ultra Beast imo...

Trust me, the Ultra Beast battle theme is very fitting for them. Do you remember fighting UB-01 in the first vist to Aether Paradise? That's the Ultra Beast theme.

Also, I think the theme for fighting the Aether Employees is actually very fitting. Not only for becuase if fit the foundation, but the Employee battle theme is also very fitting for the situation. It gives a sense of urgency and desperation.

Also, I tend to ask this to everyone who is playing Sun and Moon, but how are you finding the game's difficulty?

Were the Totems fights hard? And since you just got to Poni, you must have just fought Nanu, Guzma and Lusamine, right? How did you find the battles against theme? Everyone I know who played the game had trouble with a least one of these three boss trainers.

Edited by Water Mage

How effective is Heal Block against Tapu Fini? I know that it having Aqua Ring is really annoying, so I wonder if any Pokemon that have Heal Block are A): in this generation at all? and B): are fast enough to stop Tapu Fini from putting up an Aqua Ring?