Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Wrong, this is an opinion, a concept that you seem to don't understand.

Also hate speech over a fictional character? I think you are going too far.

She didn't specify "feminine character." She specifically said feminine males.

That's an example of how gender roles tie down our society. It might be an opinion, but it should be one that is invalidated by history.

It's like having a bunch of feminine female characters. We need a girl with a pixie cut just as much as we need Ilima.

Edit: and I mean, she legit used the term femdudes, which is highly offensive. Calling males femme is a homophobic slur.

Edited by Cykes-dono

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize that you're defending a old joke, not a social issue, right?

Thane and I just talked about this.

Making a male character looks like a female character is a very old joke. There's nothing wrong with a joke, obviously.

But let's said, someone tell you the same joke over, over and over: would it be not funny at all at some point?

That's what Anacybele was talking about. This joke is omnipresent in a lot of video games.

Just look at Awakening and Fates, we got the same joke in 2 different characters.

Edited by Nym

You realize that you're defending a old joke, not a social issue, right?

Thane and I just talked about this.

Making a male character looks like a female character is a very old joke. There's nothing wrong with a joke, obviously.

But let's said, someone tell you the same joke over, over and over: would it be not funny at all at some point?

That's what Anacybele said. Just look at Awakening and Fates, we got the same joke in 2 different characters.

This joke is kinda omnipresent in a lot of video games.

The joke was never funny, but what makes you think Ilima is a joke? Ana clearly wasn't operating on that wavelength. If it was a joke, CoroCoro would have made a joke about it. Ilima is just a character designed that's accurate to real life.

Forrest wasn't even a joke, and I've seen Ana criticise Forrest before anyway. Forrest was a strong, empowering character. Leo is the one that is in the wrong.

This is 100% a social issue, and it goes back to LGBT appropriation.

Edited by Cykes-dono

Are you being silly? I hope so. Pokemon is the forefront of social issues, you guys. Where were you when they added black NPCs in Gen5? Was it a social issue then?

Calm down.

The joke was never funny, but what makes you think Ilima is a joke? Ana clearly wasn't operating on that wavelength. If it was a joke, CoroCoro would have made a joke about it. Ilima is just a character designed that's accurate to real life.

Forrest wasn't even a joke, and I've seen Ana criticise Forrest before anyway. Forrest was a strong, empowering character. Leo is the one that is in the wrong.

In Japan, it's just about always a joke. Just because they don't always outright make a joke, it doesn't mean it isn't one to them. "Teehee, he's a dude, but he looks like a girl and another person is going to be fooled. It's a funny joke."

Also Japan doesn't take LGBT stuff as serious as the west.

Now this is getting a wee bit off topic, so I'm gonna say Ilmia doesn't really look that feminine to me, or at least not more feminine than maybe a rich guy who cares a lot about his grooming/looks. He just kinda gives that vibe to me.

Are you being silly? I hope so. Pokemon is the forefront of social issues, you guys. Where were you when they added black NPCs in Gen5? Was it a social issue then?

Calm down.

The NPCs in Gen V were great.

But I'm not being "silly." I'm the person who boycotted and complained about a beauty pageant that just existed to make fun of guys in drag.

Um...wow. If I'd known my comment was going to cause drama, I wouldn't have said it. Yeah, I was referring to the joke, I was NOT hating on feminine guys. Sometimes they can be pretty cool (I consider Ghirahim in Zelda: Skyward Sword to look rather feminine (he literally appears to wear makeup) and I LOVE this guy).

I will admit I criticized Forrest at first, but mainly because I was tired of seeing a lot of feminine guys in FE and his girly-ness felt forced. I think he's a pretty good character now and that his feminine appearance is not forced at all. He likes cute things and dressing up like that and that's why he looks that way. I do think he's annoying in how he gets mad every time someone mistakes him for a female (seriously, if you're going to dress like that, you have to expect that mistake to happen...), but otherwise, he's a good character.

I am also NOT homophobic and didn't even know "femdude" was derogatory term. My apologies for that.

I don't hate the LGBT community at all. In fact, I heard that being asexual, I'd be considered part of it since that technically makes me not straight. Why would I hate a group I'm a part of and have no problem being a part of?

Another thing, Ilmia's design is actually NOT accurate to real life. Most men do not have short pink hair and have a girly face.

This is off topic, so I'm just going to move on and say I look forward to the English trailers on the Coro Coro stuff (since that's surely what we'll be seeing tomorrow).

Edited by Anacybele

They made BW2 Challenge Mode. So, yes.

And competitive balance is irrelevant to game balance.

BW2 Challenge Mode is the nadir of game design. Not because of the actual mode itself, mind you (the mode itself rules, I'd love for more Pokemon games to have something like that!), but because of all of the fucking hoops you have to go through just to play Hard Mode.

Okay, people how about we change the subject? This isn't the thread to talk about this, so let's talk about something else, and not waste our time arguing, this thread about Pokemon after all.

Let's about the rumor going on Serebii that says that Ilmia might be the only Trial Captain in the first island.

Some are suspecting that each island might have a different number of Trial Captains.

Okay, okay, the new info is the 14th. Tomorrow.

I'm the freaking OP and I can't even keep track of these things, apparently.

Yeah, that was my bad. I thought it was the 13th, and I said so earlier.

also whoo half day of school tomorrow because wind storm and spoooooorts

also oh no psat next week fml

Okay, people how about we change the subject? This isn't the thread to talk about this, so let's talk about something else, and not waste our time arguing, this thread about Pokemon after all.

Let's about the rumor going on Serebii that says that Ilmia might be the only Trial Captain in the first island.

Some are suspecting that each island might have a different number of Trial Captains.

So there are 4 Kahunas, and we assume each also specializes in a type. Then we have 14 captains to go around. 4 are on the Maui island, so we have 10 between the last 3 islands.

I'd say the Big Island gets 5, since it's the largest. With 5 left, Melemele/O'ahu probably gets 3, and Kaua'i gets 2, since it's the smallest.

Also, Serebii never said that, did it? Yeah, it says Ilmia is the FIRST trial captain, not the only.

It also confirms the Trial Captain Ilmia is the first Trial Captain

Edited by TrueEm

You know...I'm kind of wondering what the shiny forms of some of these Pokemon will look like. Particularly the Yungoos line. I'm kind of hoping they have a color scheme similar to this, actually:

Tyrell_Badd_zpsnv6f2vo9.gif

It would probably make the poor thing a lot more tolerable to some people, too.

You know...I'm kind of wondering what the shiny forms of some of these Pokemon will look like. Particularly the Yungoos line. I'm kind of hoping they have a color scheme similar to this, actually:

Tyrell_Badd_zpsnv6f2vo9.gif

It would probably make the poor thing a lot more tolerable to some people, too.

Yungoos is awesome, though. How can someone hate Yungoos? He turns into a Gumshoe with a pompadour. What's to hate about it?

a lot of stuff probably lol

Yungoos is awesome, though. How can someone hate Yungoos? He turns into a Gumshoe with a pompadour. What's to hate about it?

a lot of stuff probably lol

Probably the fact a lot of people say it looks like Trump.

Jangmo o and Silvadi is basically what ive been waiting for since gen 5

Hoping Silvadi didnt get Ubered. Would suck

Jangmoo typing is actually really really great defensively. Its literally just Keldeo typing really(weak to Ice vs Resists Electric and Grass)

Jangmoo's biggest problem isnt fairy. Its Danklord Therian followed by Metagross and Latios if Jang did not get 110 speed benchmark

Edited by JSND

Totally, unrelated, but... Aren't we supposed to say Pokémon instead of Pokemon (becuase it's pronounced Po-kay-mon, and not Po-Kee-Mon.)

That's Something I read about a while ago (around gen 2, actually. Pretty sure Crystal wasn't even out yet.), but I never seen it confirmed anywhere (and that may not have been the most reliable source either.)

Probably the fact a lot of people say it looks like Trump.

BB-but that's the main reason to love it!

The second he's that we have Gumshoe :

Totally, unrelated, but... Aren't we supposed to say Pokémon instead of Pokemon (becuase it's pronounced Po-kay-mon, and not Po-Kee-Mon.)

That's Something I read about a while ago (around gen 2, actually. Pretty sure Crystal wasn't even out yet.), but I never seen it confirmed anywhere (and that may not have been the most reliable source either.)

BB-but that's the main reason to love it!

The second he's that we have Gumshoe :

I can't get that accent on my keyboard for some reason.

Also, you can't name your Yungoos/Gumshoos Dick if prior games are anything to go by.

Edited by Dai

I can't get that accent on my keyboard for some reason.

Also, you can't name your Yungoos/Gumshoos Dick if prior games are anything to go by.

Well, I have an Azerty, so... I think on Qwerty, you cna get by using ' and e/a, but I'm not entirely sure. It's more annoyin for sure.

...And that's the saddest thing about him.

Jangmoo typing is actually really really great defensively. Its literally just Keldeo typing really(weak to Ice vs Resists Electric and Grass)

Jangmoo's biggest problem isnt fairy. Its Danklord Therian followed by Metagross and Latios if Jang did not get 110 speed benchmark

Is it really great? Both Electric and Grass have ways to cripple it, and Water types always carry Ice moves, plus it's weak to a lot of common Pokemon in the current meta, such as Flying types like Talonflame, Therian-Tornadus and Mega Pinsir. Plus there's Azumarill, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Slowbro, Starmie, Mega Medicham, Mega Metagross and others for it to deal with. Have you seen the drop in the usage of Fighting type Pokemon?

Granted, it still resists Stealth Rock, which is a plus, but other than that, most of the type it resists have ways to deal with it.

Edited by Water Mage

Is it really great? Both Electric and Grass have ways to cripple it, and Water types always carry Ice moves, plus it's weak to a lot of common Pokemon in the current meta, such as Flying types like Talonflame, Therian-Tornadus and Mega Pinsir. Plus there's Azumarill, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Slowbro, Starmie, Mega Medicham, Mega Metagross and others for it to deal with. Have you seen the drop in the usage of Fighting type Pokemon?

Granted, it still resists Stealth Rock, which is a plus, but other than that, most of the type it resists have ways to deal with it.

Not to mention, if this thing isn't some sort of special-variant of fighting-type, it's going to be absolutely crippled by Scald/Will-O-Wisp.

Yeah, I can't see this new dragon making waves so long as it shares a tier with Garchomp. My intuition says this might be a kind of Haxorus 2.0.

"It has been announced that a special livestream for Pokémon Sun & Moon is to stream on NicoNico on October 23rd at 8pm JST. This livestream will feature some footage from the games, as well as a special Battle Royal showcase between the hosts. It is unclear if any new information will be in this livestream but we'll post as it happens should any come"

10:00 pm AEDT, 12:00 pm BST, 1:00 pm CEST, 7:00 am EDT, 4:00 am PDT

Just a minor thing before the info in an hour.