Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Soooooo...who's been keeping up with the demo events? I've...been doing a bad job...

I wanted to get all of them, but I either was busy or was having fun doing something else(both leading me to forget to do them). Even when I had a chance to do them...I forgot too... :P

I did. I have the police event... Wednesday.

I keep going back to the serie, even if there's no real reasons.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooo...who's been keeping up with the demo events? I've...been doing a bad job...

I wanted to get all of them, but I either was busy or was having fun doing something else(both leading me to forget to do them). Even when I had a chance to do them...I forgot too... :P

nah, I just played it twice and that's it. Got starpieces, stardust and a nugget. Will trade them along with Greninja but meh, Hardy nature is pretty poop.

The special Sun/Moon demo downloaded itself into my 3DS. I haven't opened it yet. Is it worth trying the demo instead of just waiting, or should I just stick to Y and AS?

You get a free Greninja and some sellable items to transfer over to Sun/Moon if you finish the demo and do a few simple events, so if you have time to clear through it and do a few simple extras, it doesn't hurt. At this time we don't know if we'll get Ash-Greninja any other way, so if you're interested in having one(even if you don't use it to run through Sun/Moon) it's probably a good idea to at least clear the short story of the demo. If you don't care for Ash-Greninja, then all you miss out on is a few sellables and a tiny bit of alternate storyline.

Yeah, I don't care about Ash Greninja at all. Part of the reason I've been avoiding the demo is because I don't want to deal with it, haha. About the alternate storyline thing, though, what do you mean by that?

The story of the demo is a short little thing where you play out first getting to Alola. Since it's obviously not going to play out quite the same way in the main games(no free Greninja off the bat for the regulars), I just consider in a small alternate 'what if' as to how your start in Alola might go.

So, if anyone's curious, the total amount of money you can get in the demo is...

Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png35150

That's a Nugget, 3 Stardusts, a Star Piece, 10 Pretty Wings, a Balm Mushroom, and a Comet Shard.

Which isn't even double the money you can get daily from doing the Pyukumuku Beach Clean-up on Akala Island, aka the 2nd Island.

Fine for starting out, but not really worth it imo.

Edited by Emerson

So, if anyone's curious, the total amount of money you can get in the demo is...

Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png35150

That's a Nugget, 3 Stardusts, a Star Piece, 10 Pretty Wings, a Balm Mushroom, and a Comet Shard.

Which isn't even double the money you can get daily from doing the Pyukumuku Beach Clean-up on Akala Island, aka the 2nd Island.

Fine for starting out, but not really worth it imo.

Do we know that Item Maniacs aren't back?

Or were they too broken?

I just got what I could on one sitting of the demo. I think I got a nugget and some stardusts.

Also, the demo is definitely worth it just for the experience of riding a Tauros. That was glorious. Even if I don't like the riding outfit or the machine used for it

I just got what I could on one sitting of the demo. I think I got a nugget and some stardusts.

Also, the demo is definitely worth it just for the experience of riding a Tauros. That was glorious. Even if I don't like the riding outfit or the machine used for it

The demo confirmed that I would like this game at least as much as X Y. The translation is as always top notch, and just walking through the cities or landscape will be a real pleasure.

The demo confirmed that I would like this game at least as much as X Y. The translation is as always top notch, and just walking through the cities or landscape will be a real pleasure.

I do admit that Poke Rider pleased me in the way that they replaced HMs, but it seems really awkward that you ride a Tauros to smash some rocks when you don't even have one and can't train it. Same with Charizard, Lapras and Sharpedo from what one has seen in the trailers. I think it would've been much better than owned pokemon might be able to do so without taking a move slot. Like, man I need to see Bidoof in game using cut or Bibarel using Rock Climb and Waterfall.

Edit: I like the concept, but it can definitely be improved for the next game.

Edited by Quintessence

I do admit that Poke Rider pleased me in the way that they replaced HMs, but it seems really awkward that you ride a Tauros to smash some rocks when you don't even have one and can't train it. Same with Charizard, Lapras and Sharpedo from what one has seen in the trailers. I think it would've been much better than owned pokemon might be able to do so without taking a move slot. Like, man I need to see Bidoof in game using cut or Bibarel using Rock Climb and Waterfall.

Edit: I like the concept, but it can definitely be improved for the next game.

I think that raises concerns of almost forcing you do use specific Pokemon in order to explore.

Honestly, the only good having specific Pokemon you own perform tasks over HMs is that you don't have to have a bad move temporarily. You still have to limit your party options by having somewhat specific Pokemon for specific tasks.

To my knowledge, that was always the main concern of HMs outside of Gen 1 when they were unremoveable.

Edited by Emerson

I think that raises concerns of almost forcing you do use specific Pokemon in order to explore.

Honestly, the only good having specific Pokemon you own perform tasks over HMs is that you don't have to have a bad move temporarily. You still have to limit your party options by having somewhat specific Pokemon for specific tasks.

To my knowledge, that was always the main concern of HMs outside of Gen 1 when they were unremoveable.

I know that it still forces you to use pokemon that can learn certain moves, but it's not like only a few pokemon can learn HMs. For instance, I think Yunshoos/Gunshoos can learn cut, rock smash, strength etc.

You know, I was thinking, shouldn't major video game reviewers already have recieve their Sun&Moon review copies by now?

Yep; I saw a Nintendo fansite's write-up of their first moments with the game getting tossed around, though more for "lol they're taking Kukui calling you cousin literally" than anything.

Though speaking of which, I'd like to address something: the game will get out before release in some way. It's the most pre-ordered game in Nintendo's history, and some mom and pop shop is bound to break the street date. Any and all info from that, be it actual gameplay details or datamine info, should go in the datamine thread.

Edited by The DanMan

Though speaking of which, I'd like to address something: the game will get out before release in some way. It's the most pre-ordered game in Nintendo's history, and some mom and pop shop is bound to break the street date. Any and all info from that, be it actual gameplay details or datamine info, should go in the datamine thread.

Yeah, about that. Someone already managed to snag one. So details can already come out.

Yeah, about that. Someone already managed to snag one. So details can already come out.

...Well, crap. Guess my timing was right on.

*goes over to the datamine thread*

EDIT: So, not something from the datamine, but a TCG set revealed a bombshell:

www.smogon.com/forums/attachments/damn-jpg.72815/

Look at the upper-left of Sogaleo's card.

And tell me that's not a pre-evolution.

Edited by The DanMan

Quite frankly, I'm not surprised in the least. It was pretty much obvious that Cosmog was either a pre-evolution or an alternate forn of the cover legendaries.

I highly doubt it evolved from something, you're familiar with the Megas in the TCG, right?

I highly doubt it evolved from something, you're familiar with the Megas in the TCG, right?

So Solgaleo and Lunaala are megas and not their own Pokemon? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Better image, with both cover legendaries on it:

q16TW6B.jpg

Quite frankly, I'm not surprised in the least. It was pretty much obvious that Cosmog was either a pre-evolution or an alternate forn of the cover legendaries.

Not surprised either. Just a bit shocked that we found this out from the TCG.

Edited by The DanMan

So Solgaleo and Lunaala are megas and not their own Pokemon? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Better image, with both cover legendaries on it:

q16TW6B.jpg

Of course I think they're their own Pokemon. I think it's early(or kind of silly) to say they evolved from something. I brought up Megas because it looks like 'GX' on those cards, which could be an 'evolution' for EX Pokemon.