Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fire turtle? If they wanted one of those, why couldn't it be an evolution or pre-evolution of Torkoal? Wasted opportunity, imo. But still an okay design.

Actually Torkoal is tortoise not a turtle, while Turtonator is a turtle.

So to be fair, it's not another fire turtle.

Doesn't matter, their origins are still similar enough. Also, we have Squirtle, a turtle, evolving into a tortoise, Blastoise.

Edited by Anacybele

Actually Torkoal is tortoise not a turtle, while Turtonator is a turtle.

So to be fair, it's not another fire turtle.

Plus it's a dragon too, so it's more like Bowser is finally a Pokemon.

Plus it's a dragon too, so it's more like Bowser is finally a Pokemon.

It's shiny better be green and yellow.

Edited by TrueEm

I was waiting for a reason to post that.

Also still really surprised people are so positive with the new stuff. I thought everyone was gonna hate on it.

They forgot the best 1st gen Pokémon : Vulvax.

(That's how the French Transaltor called it when he saw its design.)

New trailer! With a new Pokemon and english names!

I love Crabrawler's eyes for some reason and Sandygast and Palossand's cries are actually kinda scary. But I still like those cries for some reason...

Edited by Water Mage

Sandygast, Palossand, and Stufful, all names for things we've seen before. Pretty cool names. Crabrawler wasn't something I was expecting, but okay nonetheless. What I did notice is the weird place Stufful's mouth actually is.

Edited by Feldmarschall Rommel

Omg Palossand is awesome! I love it. Already on my team. I do wonder how does its ability work, if it only raises Def or also raises Sp. Def depending on the type of attack. Man, so many cool mons I don't even know what to do. And there's Shellder!

Edit: and Sandygast has Sand Tomb

Edited by Quintessence

Omg Palossand is awesome! I love it. Already on my team. I do wonder how does its ability work, if it only raises Def or also raises Sp. Def depending on the type of attack. Man, so many cool mons I don't even know what to do. And there's Shellder!

Edit: and Sandygast has Sand Tomb

The site says Water Compaction says it's only defense.

''It also revealed the names of the sandcastle Pokémon, Sandygast and Palossand with the new ability Water Compaction which boosts Defense by 2 when hit with a Water-type move'' from Serebii

Stufful is so cute <3.

Edited by Nym

And the rivalry of the fighting-type bears that are super effective against each other continues!

Nice to have localized names. Though why the one new new Pokemon was shown off the least is befuddling. All bets are on a water/fighting type.

I can see Palossand's ability being either really good or really bad.

*sigh* Time to update the OP again again.

EDIT: Counting Alola forms, this makes 47 new Pokemon revealed thus far.

Edited by The DanMan

Sandygast and Palossand have new bios:

"A Sandygast emerges when the grudges of Pokémon and other creatures soak into the sand after they fall in battle. In essence, its a possessed lump of sand! If you heedlessly grab a Sandygasts shovel, youll fall under the Pokémons control. A Sandygast uses its power to manipulate children into gathering sand to increase the size of its body. If a Sandygast loses its shovel, it may put up a tree branch, a flag, or another item in its place. These Sandygast are wanderers in search of their own shovels. The tunnel-like mouth of a Sandygast can suck the vitality from people and Pokémon. Apparently its a test of courage in the Alola region to put your hand in a Sandygasts mouth."

"Palossand controls human adults, making them build a sand castle that provides camouflage and also raises its defensive abilities. Unlike Sandygast, if Palossand loses some of the sand from its body, it can restore itself on its own. When moving about in search of prey, the shovel on top of Palossands head revolves. Its said that the shovel could be serving as some kind of radar. Palossand loves the vitality of Pokémon and drags small Pokémon into its body so it can steal their life force. Its sandy vortex swallows them up in a heartbeat! Pokémon dragged into Palossand leave traces of their ill will behind. Its thought that this negative energy may be the starting point of new Sandygast..."

They got even creepier...

Also, Sandygast weights 70 kilos and Palossand weights 250 kilos.

Those things are heavy!

Edited by Water Mage

I can't stop laughing when looking at Crabbrawler. His face, his proportions.. Everything is perfect with it...

I don't care how good he is, I need one.

Stuffull is actually creepy when he oppens is mouth. Also what's the stuff on his... bottom?

Sandyghast and Palossand were already known, but damn are they cool.

Edited by Tamanoir

In other words, Crabrawler's big meaty claws ain't just for attracting mates, right?

Big meaty claws... .

I know that's a spongebob reference, but I want some more Ryoma memes about now.

You know that the sand pile is a ghost because the middle hasn't collapsed in on itself like a normal sandcastle would.

Just like every sandcastle I've ever made would have.

I'm pretty sure it's a price tag, considering the line is based on stuffed bears.

I really hope the actual Stuffel plushie has the tag right there. I'll buy one if they do that.

Also, Sandygast weights 70 kilos and Palossand weights 250 kilos.
Those things are heavy!

It's wet sand, what did you expect?

Massive living piles of wet sand with beach shovels in them.

Sandygast and Palossand have new bios:

"A Sandygast emerges when the grudges of Pokémon and other creatures soak into the sand after they fall in battle. In essence, its a possessed lump of sand! If you heedlessly grab a Sandygasts shovel, youll fall under the Pokémons control. A Sandygast uses its power to manipulate children into gathering sand to increase the size of its body. If a Sandygast loses its shovel, it may put up a tree branch, a flag, or another item in its place. These Sandygast are wanderers in search of their own shovels. The tunnel-like mouth of a Sandygast can suck the vitality from people and Pokémon. Apparently its a test of courage in the Alola region to put your hand in a Sandygasts mouth."

"Palossand controls human adults, making them build a sand castle that provides camouflage and also raises its defensive abilities. Unlike Sandygast, if Palossand loses some of the sand from its body, it can restore itself on its own. When moving about in search of prey, the shovel on top of Palossands head revolves. Its said that the shovel could be serving as some kind of radar. Palossand loves the vitality of Pokémon and drags small Pokémon into its body so it can steal their life force. Its sandy vortex swallows them up in a heartbeat! Pokémon dragged into Palossand leave traces of their ill will behind. Its thought that this negative energy may be the starting point of new Sandygast..."

Is this the new Honedge or something???

Regardless, my liking the Honedge line can be chalked up to a complete fluke that even I can't explain, and I don't see it happening again.

Edited by Sunwoo

[spoiler=So... this Pikachu is dead]

pokemon-770x562-palossand.jpg

Pretty much, and it's bound to become a Sandygast.

Gotta hand to Game Freak, only they can sandcastles something that is creepy, scary, disturbing and nightmarish.

Edited by Water Mage

I like the music so far, so why not share it?

[spoiler=Wild Pokemon Theme]

[spoiler=Trainer Battle]

[spoiler=Team Skull Encounter]

I like them, altough the wild pokémon doesn't give me good impressions as the older ones.

New trailer! With a new Pokemon and english names!

I love Crabrawler's eyes for some reason and Sandygast and Palossand's cries are actually kinda scary. But I still like those cries for some reason...

Hnng, Stufful is so goddamit cute - I mean, even his cry is cute.

Btw, the new details about the two Pokémon Sand castles made me like them even more: probably because I have a strange fetish for things that possess people.