Fates Character Opinions Survey Tier List; Revelations Survey Up

Jedi

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I intended to respond to this earlier, but the opportunity never came because I was too busy arguing about Arthur's usefulness (or lack thereof, rather):

Above-average base stats

Top tier weapon

0 required resources to function

Decent join time

in a game that thrives on AttackStance dual-attacks

We'll be happy to explain why he's as hyped as he is (i haven't even played BR but I understand why he's hyped given his spread), but the mechanics of the game make him more valuable.

Dislike the dude all you want like I do, he's still a statistically valuable unit.

I read in other threads that Takumi can't really claim to stand out in Birthright because it's largely enemy phase focused. At any rate, I still think he doesn't deserve to be in S tier.

What's keeping Effie out of S-rank? From where I stand, she's balling out of control the entire game. I honestly feel she's on-par with Xander, Camilla, and Corrin.

I'd assume it's the 4 move she has to put up with as a Knight.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Oh good, I was thinking about this thread as I was nearing the end of Birthright.

While the Conquest list looks pretty good overall, the Birthright list has some major things I disagree with. Reina is so low it's crazy. It feels like there's a definite anti-Corrinsexual bias (Scarlet's also too low; she's a pretty easy S).

Rev tier list:

Corin...Still corin

Silias....Still silias

Jakob...Still jakob

Royals... Still royals

Everyone else: Absolute booty, just use your husbando/waifu and have fun.

(Nohr list is still physically painful to look at)

Edited by joshcja

Have anyone manage to abuse Felicia's ability to get Tier 2. - 15 ability when everyone else is stuck with Tier 1?

That always seems the most interesting niche she have, but i'm not sure

Yeah that's my main use for her pre-flame shuriken when I do shitposter male MUbuilds.

Early shurikenbreaker/axebreaker on 2 units is so good and with flame/dual breakers she becomes a pretty decent combat unit as a maid so frontline inspiration is a doable thing + staves are damn good.

Edit: she can give tome breaker too, but jakob is better at it.

Edited by joshcja

Oh good, I was thinking about this thread as I was nearing the end of Birthright.

While the Conquest list looks pretty good overall, the Birthright list has some major things I disagree with. Reina is so low it's crazy. It feels like there's a definite anti-Corrinsexual bias (Scarlet's also too low; she's a pretty easy S).

I suppose I can agree - and at the same time, I'm not sure why Setsuna's in E tier (and I don't want some BS copout like "not Takumi").

I wonder if some characters will move up some tiers or maybe move down, compared to the Birthright and Conquest lists.

I'm pretty sure that at least Hayato will move up a few tiers considering he's one of best magic users in Revelations.

In fact he might be Revelations's best magic user.

Voted for the Rev tier list

S: Corrin, Jakob(Ch2), Azura, Gunter, Reina, Camilla, Shura, Xander, Leo, Ryoma, Fuga

A: Felicia(Ch2), Sakura, Hayato, Takumi, Kagero, Keaton, Silas

B: Baki, Kaze, Oboro, Hinata, Selena, Kaden, Flora

C: Hana, Rinka, Saizo, Beruka, Elise, Felicia(Ch15), Hinoka, Peri

D: Orochi, Arthur, Effie, Benny, Charlotte, Nyx, Jakob*Ch15, Azama, Setsuna, Niles, Laslow, Odin

Odin being Revelations' big loser strikes again!

All told, I'd have expected him to end up in E tier...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I haven't beaten Rev yet so I won't vote until I do, but man, Saizo's so much worse there it makes me sad (I just got him), I love that fucker. Rinkah at least I'm prepared for and just prepared a favoritism package at her (but really? Revelation balance? 0 dmg for most joining characters on chapter 9?)

Still doing the whole DF Saizo thing because I don't like Hayato's character, even though wow his bases really improved. I want to do something...quite unconventional with Saizo in particular as a character.

I'm only on Ch. 18 on Revelations, so my rankings are a little messy so I'm not going to vote for now.

Honestly, I just benched most of the units that came in later since most of the units I use were already promoted and when they join at level 9 unpromoted... like I don't want to level grind them or make them catch up. Way too many units though. I can't keep track of who I want to use haha.

Voting Odin for D in Revelations along with the rest of the non staffbot non royal cast hurt my soul.

Did it anyways for honesty. (I'm still using him, and Rinkah in every run.)

Edited by joshcja

Did Birthright and Conquest.

Only bias one was toward Flora (I gave her a B I think. I just use her in a way they makes her good). I love Oboro as a character but she's also an AMAZING unit imo so...

Waiting on a friend so I can play Revelations, so I can't do that one yet.

I also was a bit... generous in general.

Edited by TrueEm

Only bias one was toward Flora (I gave her a B I think. I just use her in a way they makes her good). I love Oboro as a character but she's also an AMAZING unit imo so...

Really? I like Oboro too, but I have a hard time hyping her as a unit. I mean, she joins after Hinoka and has worse base stats almost across the board, plus I'd certainly argue that Sky Knight is a better class than Spear Fighter (but hey, if you disagree, guess what Hinoka's Heart Seal option is...). I mean this doesn't even mean Oboro isn't worth using, just that she isn't top-tier.

Should give at least another week or two--do remember that school exists for a lot of us and I simply don't have time to spend on playing fates every day, so rev isn't gonna finish this week unless I want to sacrifice my studies for that.

Should give at least another week or two--do remember that school exists for a lot of us and I simply don't have time to spend on playing fates every day, so rev isn't gonna finish this week unless I want to sacrifice my studies for that.

Yeah I was intending to, finals and stuff for me as well haha.

No worries I think I may have started it a tad too early.