The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

I just did Shiro's paralogue no-rescue (but allowing literally everything else outside of rescue since I just wanted to find a way for people who blew all their rescue staves on something else) for fun and

Actually managed to pull it off with this elaborate 2 galeforce+shove setup

Felt good

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Failed Chapter 20 Conquest basically all day yesterday until I started paying closer attention to the wind patterns. Too many times, I'd form an offensive strategy, only to be blown into an enemy-dense area with no escape. Then there's all of the missing and critical hits I'd have to endure until the RNG rolls started coming my way.

My Wyvern Lord Xander/Berserker Beruka pairing was unintended perfection for this chapter. Beruka and Xander destroyed the entire right side with absolutely zero assistance. It was the fucking left side that kept ruining me. I just couldn't come up with a strategy for the swarms of enemy units being downcast my direction every other turn. Someone would always miss a crucial attack and leave an opening for the enemy to gang up. Eventually, I learned that splitting the army was a terrible idea and completely stacked the left.

Fuga...was OHKOed by a crit from Ophelia on the very first attack of Lightning. 69% hit and 20-something crit. I could have seized then and there, but I wanted to wring out the last bit of experience from the group near the throne that I didn't approach. In other words, Odin smashed.

Has anyone done a Lunatic LTC yet, at least for Chapters 1-6? Can't find a sign of one anywhere. There's a Hard Mode LTC, but the Chapter 2 strategy, if even possible on Lunatic, requires extreme luck with a lot of dodges against 90% hit rates and whatnot. So, does anyone have a real Lunatic LTC strategy?

iirc Gwimpage/Shephen have done Conquest/Birthright runs respectively. The absolute lowest is incredibly unlikely though (particularly in Conquest), especially as growths can't be rigged easily. The lategame has some strict stat benchmarks and is very fast with multiple refreshes so very little exp is available. There's probably a good amount of reliance on crits between the bosskills and Wary Fighter stuff.

ofc, in general the absolute lowest tc is very unreliable in FE, if one wants to really push things to the limit (people are editing rns or choosing seeds now? in other games, but people might get to that point for the 3ds in time)

Though fwiw there is a very reliable 3 turn C2 clear with small failure/death chance (I think worst hit rate is like Gunter vs. Rinkah at 80 disp, and no dodges required.)

edit: the general framework is go up right side, turn 2 kill Kaze with Gunter+Jakob attack stance, while Jakob in range of left enemies. Turn 3 Gunter kills myrm, Corrin kills Rinkah w/ Gunter attack stance (this is the 80%, I think +Str doesn't need it), Jakob chips last enemy, make sure people are in attack stance to clean up in time.

Edited by XeKr

Siegbert's paralogue is rightfully hated. Who the fuck thought infinite Master Ninja spawns was a good idea? Xander and Beruka to the rescue again. Beat it on second attempt. First attempt fell victim to Nohrian hit rates. (Lol 95% miss, what is life).

To be honest, how hard does Birthright!Lunatic become if you don't use Ryoma, the Children and Takumi? Are you just suicidal or is it still possible?

Still a joke.

It's got a lot of fantastic map design... that's ruined by GBA AI and enemy stats that.... don't exist.

Edited by joshcja

So doesn't got me started on wyvern!elise in conquest as a shitposter build but...holy shit she's actually good as fuck with the secret books, her str is "high enough" pre promo thanks to str+2 and pots. Post promotion bolt axe + horse spirit is absolute destruction while her hp/def reach a respectable 40ish/20ish base in the lategame which pulls off some pretty awesome frontline rally res/def/inspiration/demosele/lily's poise action. I've been running her a lot recently waifu'd to odin for sorc tree skill on +str or +mag offstat mu builds (early dwyer 2 gud). Elise!Ophelia normally annoys me in game due to her absolute paper def but draco growths actually fix that up nicely by passing solid bases from both parents.

She seems to have a really nice niche in casual play and possible draft/efficency(?). 10/10 would use again.

NOOOOO the convert ;-;

Edited by Rei-

NOOOOO the convert ;-;

Please, I still am a devout member of the church of MUxOdin >.>

Playing with ideas for more build freedom, Dwyer/Percy are so good and I hate sacing them. Plus tome inventory is so limited, more options = more mage fun!!!

Just cause blonde Ophelia is the ugliest Ophelia doesn't mean she has to always suck x.x

Edit: yeah 26 is effectively the final chapter, it's not really hard but it's just.... annoying as fuck, going slow is safe but boring, going fast is fine...if you have LoD 43 mag Ophelia and utter rng based ass otherwise.

The map just encourages you to bring 3-4 different kinds of EP tanks and crawl through with silence.

Edited by joshcja

Man after seeing chapter 26, i don't hate Master Ninja with Inevitable End anymore

But General with Wary Fighter can go to **** for all i care.

Although so far, 26 seems simple. Knowing that Bald Man had a different Aggro than the Generals and Zerker is actually cool

From what i heard 27 isn't that bad? I dunno

27 is incredibly easy and is there to lure you into a false sense of security for the utter bullshit that is chapter 28

But I'm glad it's incredibly easy because if I can't clear it in like minimal time then resetting on chapter 28 would be utter hell

Has anyone done a Lunatic LTC yet, at least for Chapters 1-6? Can't find a sign of one anywhere. There's a Hard Mode LTC, but the Chapter 2 strategy, if even possible on Lunatic, requires extreme luck with a lot of dodges against 90% hit rates and whatnot. So, does anyone have a real Lunatic LTC strategy?

Gwimpage's breakdown of his first serious try is here, and he noted various spots in his reddit thread where he could improve.

The C2 strategy XeKr mentioned is pretty much it--I think you can reset for post-EP1 enemy formations that can get you more EXP, if you have the patience.

Assuming no dodges, C3 will require either a) 8 Def on Corrin, so that the lower-right Archer won't target him, or b) +1 Str on Jakob, presumably to KO the Samurai with a Dual Attack from Gunter (I haven't explored b) at all). The idea is to kill one of the three enemies beyond the bridge and manipulate the other two into a formation that doesn't block your way. You can get a four-turn clear if you crit the boss with Gunter, or a five-turn clear with Corrin taking the kill if you choose not to crit. Given the low hit rates, it's not the most reliable strategy either way.

C4 is pretty ugly. I expect you can still get a five-turn clear by triggering the middle Dragon Vein on turn three, as mentioned in your reference (if you don't have a +Spd boon, you'll probably need more crits on Lunatic though). Previously I got a six-turn clear, triggering the middle DV on turn four instead, using a Corrin strong enough to ORKO every non-boss enemy and relying on her baiting the Sakura-bound Faceless by triggering the final DV with a Dual-Guard-loaded Corrin in range of death. This wasn't reliable since a) if an enemy missed prior to that, Corrin wasn't in range of death, and the Faceless would target Sakura instead; b) if Corrin scored a crit at any point, the DG-meter building changed from what I expected, leaving her without a fully-stocked Dual Guard for that particular Faceless.

Without ninja dodges, C5 in five turns requires +1 Res on Kaze, and either +1 Spd (to double the Mercenary) or +1 Str (to enable Azura to finish off a boxed-in Dark Mage during EP3). Assuming the +1 Res is fulfilled, if you have both +1 Spd and +1 Str, you must not attack the Mercenary straight away because the DG meter will not fill up in time to block the Dark Mage's attack; if you have +1 Spd and +0 Str, you must attack the Mercenary; if you have +0 Spd and +1 Str, walk one step further than the periphery of the initial range of the enemies. The idea is to finish the bottom cluster of enemies during PP3 and EP3; and to next have Kaze take out the upper two Dark Mages, and, if the boss is not within KO range by Corrin at the start of PP3 PP4, the bottom-right Dark Mage. Ryoma must survive long enough to get saved by Corrin so that he can take out the bottom-left Dark Mage.

C6 in two turns is easy and not unusually unreliable once you notice the Dragon Vein near Xander.

Edited by Redwall

All right i finished Conquest Lunatic

For 26 i use the Entrap trick. Handle the reinforcement and Xander Percyval and Iago is ORKO by Leo

27 is a joke

28 is a "fuck this shit" so i promote Nina and turn her and Niles into Falconknight. Niles and his family brought Leo into the frontline.

Takumi is kinda tough but i lucked out. Astra works by affecting dual guard for every hit. Capped Magic Lightning Leo with A Avatar support reclassed as a Butler and LoD doubles Takumi and naturally ORKO(21 x 4) so i need an Astra proc which i got

Gonna be typing some overall thoughts i guess

Just beat Lunatic Conquest yesterday and that Endgame is really a... thing. Did it mostly blind, with a few spoilers leaking through here and there, with a somewhat minimal amount of extras (entirely people throwing accessories at me, as far as Internet stuff goes, though I wasn't shy about checking on my castle events every day). The chapters I had the most trouble with were 25 and Endgame, which took thorough off-stream planning with some testing involved. Comparatively, 23 and 26 required extensive planning, but I didn't need to test any of it, really (surprising, considering how obnoxious infinite Hex is). I planned a ton for 27 and then found out the enemies in the trap rooms are totally lazy on the first EP, which takes all the teeth out of the hacked Entrap Staves. Granted, I ended up being glad that 27 is kind of a gimme (although, bad RNG with the Entraps can make things a bit difficult), because of that dumb decision to make Endgame—especially a chapter as ridiculous as Endgame—an enforced ironman chapter. But more on that later.

Notable MVPs:

-Corrin - With a couple Spirit Dusts and a Jakob S, Nohr Noble just had everything I needed to carry the game. I basically Levin Sworded my way to victory in many of the later maps and Draconic Hex has to be the perfect bait tank skills, because suddenly the enemies are not only hurt, but easy prey for the rest of the team.

-Effie - Pretty much integral to the first half of the game until Corrin came into her own. Even then, still useful, despite deciding to stop gaining Def for pretty much the latter half of her career as a General.

-Elise - The aura alone is enough reason to use her.

-Camilla - Early on, her aura was amazing. It's still good later, but I found I didn't need it as much. That's okay, though, because Savage Blow alone is worth keeping her on. Despite sketchy Mag, still used the Bolt Axe quite well. Being a durable flier really helped a lot for C21 too. She and Corrin were magic weapon assassinating all the Stoneborn before they could threaten anyone else.

-Niles - With Arthur backpack, he was my main mage killer for the first half of the game. He also drank the tears of nearly every Ninja in C17. Started to fall off in offense later on, but he was still a fairly solid bow user where I needed it. And, well, I wouldn't have finished the game without Pass, so there's that...

-Kaze - I almost dropped him from the team. But he started coming into his own as Niles was falling off as my mage killer, giving him solid, safe EXP to gain. It doesn't hurt that Replicate is a really vile skill, especially with Poison Strike. My only regret not finding a way to also get him Savage Blow (initial thoughts were him marrying Camilla, but they spent too much time fighting apart).

-Xander - Probably what a lot of people would consider a no brainer, but I did something really weird with him to fix his Spd and Res issues: got him A+ with Kaze and made him a Master Ninja. Not only did he look really cool, but it worked ridiculously well. He was even doubling a lots of stuff at points, which seems kinda ludicrous, considering his base Spd. I got a ton of mileage out of Shurikenfaire with a Quill Pen in C25. Also, Quill Pen Lethalities. That is all.

Anyway, on to my thoughts about Endgame. I feel like it's an absurdly lazy design, especially since it follows C27, which I feel had a neat map that was underutilized. Then Endgame demolishes all the wings and, while the whole thing is visually interesting, the map itself is... one long corridor. Filled with infinite, stacking debuffs and infinite reinforcements. The fact that the Great Wall of Enfeeble isn't afraid to drop all -12 on a single target (generally when trying to pull a group...) really doesn't help the matter. Admittedly, part of my troubles is likely that I did this run blind, so my stuff is completely unoptimized with hardly any reclassing (or marriages; everyone got buddy, buddy instead), but I still can't imagine fully tricked-out characters dealing with -8/-12 much better, considering stat caps. I do realize that there's Entrap, but that's only really useful on the Generals, since there's little reason not to face pull the Onis and without hacked staff range, the Paladin/Malig team might as well be face pulled. Also, i didn't realize where Shurikenbreaker was until I was fiddling with compositions when I was trying to figure out how I was going to muscle through so much enemy bulk. Having that would probably have made the Master Ninja covering pretty much everyone significantly more bearable. I may take another crack at things after I check out the few kid Paralogues I have, as that'll let me shore up my skill build and I'm itching to see if it's possible without resorting to DLC maps like Boo Camp or other peoples' My Castles (because I'm masochistic like that).

Anyway, my sorry, unoptimized team managed to slog through to victory not once, but twice in the same night despite my strategy being... well, basically RNG Emblem. I only had one Rescue charge left, so I ended up doing this really sloppy 4-turn clear that relied on RNG (I would have preferred to have two charges so I could warp down Azura too to give Corrin 3x strikes on Takumi, which would have taken him out). Anyway, between the Dragon Vein and a Tonic/stat booster-loaded Effie, I jammed up the left side right above the left Maid to give me some breathing room to position. I needed to Freeze one of the Master Ninja, because otherwise, Effie was gonna die (granted, as I adapted the strat, I ended up giving Jakob Bifrost on the assumption that that 67% Freeze chance just wasn't good enough). This gave Bow Knight Niles with Pass just enough room to squeeze down, ferrying Felicia so that she could Rescue Great Knight Corrin/Wyvern Lord Gunter. Corrin was loaded up with full tonics, Rally Str (Arthur), Rally Skl (Shura Violin Bow), and Azura's buff. This was just a bit more than needed to kill Takumi with a double Dragon Fang (a whopping 9% chance...). Of course, the funny story behind this is that when I doing practice to make sure I wouldn't throw the movement when it came time to stream, I got the double Dragon Fang proc. So I technically got the deathless Endgame clear, but I wasn't recording, so no one even gets to see it. :/

This also left me convinced that I'd burned all my luck for the night and that I'd be resetting forever when I did it for reals. So when the first attempt came and a double Luna (Nohrian Trust stealing Gunter's) left him with 9 HP, I almost reset right there. Almost. I ended up ending turn anyway just to see what would happen, which involved losing something like six people and Niles thumbing his nose at a Beast Killer Paladin as he dodged. Speaking of which, Corrin was a Great Knight and two Beast Killers were in range. In practice, anytime I failed and just ended turn, they both ran up and murdered Corrin (which is why I almost knee-jerk reset). This time, they buggered off to do something else and I have no idea why. Then Takumi decided that he was going to attack my Dual Guard-charged Corrin (normally one Beast Killer would burn it and the other would finish crushing Corrin... if not, a Malig would take the place of the second Beast Killer), which negated his Vengeance and got him doubled in return. Weirdest GG ever.

Yea Endgame is pretty bad. Most people have a pass user rescue a bosskiller down to Takumi, who ORKOs him. It's pretty hard tho, which is my problem atm. I did some rough math, and it seems my Ninja MU won't be able to ORKO Takumi even WITH a double dragon fang proc (which has about 5% chance of happening). I'll try some stuff tho and see if I can get Xander down there with a brave sword to finish the job.

Master Ninja Xander, huh?

Man, I married a ninja corn to him, maybe I should've done that.

Quill Pen lethalities feel especially poetic considering Xander has the best handwriting in the army.

Endgame Conquest makes me want to never burn a shot of Rescue before 28 ever again just so I can have all 4 uses in case I don't have a strong enough Corn to take on Takumi in one turn, and figure out a reliable strat to rescue down 2 people there. I might run through normal/phoenix quickly just so I can test staff position configurations while having access to map saves.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, I just desperately needed to get something that made him faster. Ninja Kaze as a support originally served the purpose well, but then he went to Mechanist, changing his bonuses. This almost left Xander with just his slow base classes and without a wife to pillage something faster from. However, he was totally able to A+ Kaze, which led to me going Master Ninja, knowing full well that if it was a poor choice, it would likely end terribly. And somehow it did work, largely in part thanks to his bulk, plus Shurikenfaire with a 1 Mt weapon (because taking 4 Attack away from Swordmasters and not being at a WTD to Inevitable End Master Ninja).

Quill Pen lethalities feel especially poetic considering Xander has the best handwriting in the army.

I didn't actually know that. That's pretty great.

Endgame Conquest makes me want to never burn a shot of Rescue before 28 ever again just so I can have all 4 uses in case I don't have a strong enough Corn to take on Takumi in one turn, and figure out a reliable strat to rescue down 2 people there. I might run through normal/phoenix quickly just so I can test staff position configurations while having access to map saves.

Hehe, almost same here. Granted, I think I can spare just one for my C26 clear. With 3 charges, I think I could go ahead and do the map without needing to run the boss killer route. That is, it'd allow me to safely snipe all 4 Maids, giving me significant room to pull all the other mooks without having to be under constant threat of massive Enfeeble. Once they're out, that just leaves the Faceless and a pair of Maligs that spawn for reinforcements (not sure if there's anything beyond that, as I've never survived past turn 14 and the Maligs show up on 12). At that point, it shouldn't be too hard to time a rush down on the Great Masters, then have the boss killers re-murder Takumi at their leisure. This is probably something I'm only going to do once for the sake of saying I did it, though. Otherwise, if I have 3 Rescues going into the map, I'm totally just going to blow Takumi up to get it over with.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Yeah I want to see if I can do a double rescue strat with only 1 use of rescue on each rescue staff--though I'd probably have to figure out some convoluted shelter chain/azura strats to do so especially since i have no pass falcos (didn't capture any and didn't do Niles x Selena or even Selena at all for that matters)

I /should/ probably try to do endgame the hard way once, just to say I did it, though. I might go clear it again when I'm feeling particularly masochistic on my Conquest file.

I just had Kana immediately reclass to Master Ninja and served as Xander's full-time pairup (also he ate all 3 speedwings bc I didn't want him to get completely wrecked by Ryoma in a pure 1v1) , so he got a lot of speed there. I originally was going to go Samurai and pass Xander Samurai that way, but turns out Ninja Corn is incredible. I didn't want my other best tank stuck behind Xander all the time and Kana was a good pairup fodder that let me separate them--Kana's stats are just so much worse than Corns. Maybe I got lucky with Corn's RN, or something.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah even with a royal for a parent he's completely underwhelming---corn had pretty much every stat across the board being significantly higher than his in the same class around similar levels. Sieg's bases are really good, though, but he came too late (I didn't manage to beat his paralogue until after 25 hahaha) in the wrong class. Not a pass staffer/10

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hehe, I didn't capture anything at all. I wouldn't have known to grab the Falcos, though. In any event, Bow Knight Niles did work out for me, since Move+1 gave him 9 and if I really, really needed 10 Move, I could have reclassed Felicia to Strategist. Not really sure what I'd do about a second if I don't capture Falcos on my next go. Maybe Niles's kid and passing Pass or, I guess Shura is a thing. Or Niles x Selena, as you mentioned.

And I'd definitely believe it that Ninja Corrin is amazing. After seeing Master Ninja Xander in action, I really, really wished I'd chosen Ninja instead of Sky Knight as a Talent (I almost did too, but I like pegasi too much; too bad I couldn't find anywhere I felt comfortable reclassing to one, not to mention Camilla existing and Wyvern seeming like a much stronger class set).

Yeah even with a royal for a parent he's completely underwhelming---corn had pretty much every stat across the board being significantly higher than his in the same class around similar levels. Sieg's bases are really good, though, but he came too late (I didn't manage to beat his paralogue until after 25 hahaha) in the wrong class. Not a pass staffer/10

Yeah Seig has great growths, like 45 all personal.

Too bad ophelia/nina/dwyer/percy/sopphie are all comparable or better on benchmark stats and come before ch14 with non cancerous cap modifiers and paralouges that don't make you hate life or I might use him...ever.

I actually don't really like having them early because I'd rather use that time to make more kids exist in case I need the exp

Which turns out Nohr Lunatic actually gives you a ton of exp, but

I mean I got Nina right before 25 specifically so I can get her both Shurikenbreaker and Pass in one go because Niles finally hit 15 at some point and that was the best decision I did since Nina was no exp necessary and born good and I didn't bother using any of the kids I got before Nina for non-utility purposes like pairup bot and ferrybot

Caps don't really matter anyway

Ryoma really makes his paralogue easier though, at least, good things about Revelation

Edited by Thor Odinson

Speaking of endgame Norh Lunatic might shape my mind enough that i won't do any pairing except for Niles Azura ever again

Triple Pass Falconknight > playing that chapter

Edited by JSND