The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

What would be a good strategy for chapter 5 in Lunatic mode? I remember handling myself in Hard mode but in Lunatic I get royally screwed after I deal with the first 4 enemies. I've tried to approach from both sides with Kaze paired up with Rinkah for bulk but I can't bait an enemy without getting surrounded.

Let Sakura die.

She grows back.

Edited by joshcja

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That moment when you manage to complete Chapter 23, captured the Rainbow Master of Arms, and then you realize you forgot to take the chest

Soft Reset = done

That said i really like this chapter after knowing what to do. The fact that theres no reinforcement out of nowhere in the chapter is neat since this allows you to really play it slowly

And then the right side of the map have a 2 square choke points that CONVENIENTLY lefts out the Defense Seal on the left side of the map, AND disable the rallies

Takumi gets ORKO by Odin@Calamity Gale at 90% hitrate, so yeah. Hinata is definitely the hardest of the three because he had enough brains to take a rallybot with him. Oboro is screwed by idiotic AI

Anyway i'm really sure Hinoka chapter would end up as yet another "Kaze solo half the map"

Wondering when i need to abuse to Staff. Kinda hate blind first playthrough sometimes since i ended up hoarding most staff uses, when a use of Psychic would basically trivialize tons of the challenge in the game

Edited by JSND

The game gives you no free Physics, but I never found that I required one outright, so use those charges as needed.

The Sun Festal may be worth holding on to for Ch25, if you've gotten it from Dwyer's chapter. It's not really mandatory though, just potentially moderately useful.

Save both Rescue staves for endgame. You may be able to get away with burning one charge from each but you want both individual staves intact.

If ignoring the above advice, save your Freeze staffs. Otherwise, Ch25 and Ch26 are the best places to apply them, as well as anytime you're in a pinch (you get plenty of Freeze).

Entrap is powerful in both Ch23 and Ch25, dunno where else it's useful.

Silence is useful in Ch26 and nearly useless afterwards.

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Man is it just me or does Revelation feel easier than Birthright

At least BR has chapter 23 to its name and 24+ on first run at least took a few tries at figuring out how they work (then it becomes easy after) but at no point in Revelation do I ever really feel pressured (except i guess to not misclick anything on 17 but that's not exactly a hard chapter unless you want to actually train the retainers)

24 Rev played the "intended" way is just dumb?

I really don't know what people are smoking when some people are like "nogrind Rev Lunatic > Conquest" since it's actually so easy?

Edited by Thor Odinson

Man is it just me or does Revelation feel easier than Birthright

At least BR has chapter 23 to its name and 24+ on first run at least took a few tries at figuring out how they work (then it becomes easy after) but at no point in Revelation do I ever really feel pressured (except i guess to not misclick anything on 17 but that's not exactly a hard chapter unless you want to actually train the retainers)

24 Rev played the "intended" way is just dumb?

I really don't know what people are smoking when some people are like "nogrind Rev Lunatic > Conquest" since it's actually so easy?

No rev is completely brainless. It pretty much exists for postgame, shipping, and it's absolutely hilarious story.

It's pretty much pokemon as the game makes it physically impossible for you to fuck up.

(It's still fun though, for every reason pokemon is)

Edited by joshcja

I beat Lunatic mode on Birthright and Conquest!! I'm finally tackling on Revelation and this time i'll be doing a PMU run!!

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62491&hl=

If you want to kill me indirectly, post there!!

Also, I just want to say Lunatic Endgame Conquest is bullcrap. So many staff users with Enfeeble that accumulates completely destroys me. I had to fight back with Silence and Freeze staves otherwise they will swarm me!! That's pretty much how I did it.

I didn't feel the enemy damage increase until I checked stats since I had a robed and trained Rinkah, since she pretty much ignored most of the physical damage

IDK Rev just came off more tedious than hard to me like I can't even move off those damned boats for like 6 turns unless I fly.

I definitely found Rev lategame easier than BR lategame assuming using Ryoma like he's a normal person instead of solo god, though.

IDK Rev just came off more tedious than hard to me like I can't even move off those damned boats for like 6 turns unless I fly.

Yeah, I agree. The game is full of chapters that make the player wait for no reason at all and it's just boring. I do agree that chapter 23 Birthright is harder than anything on Revelation, but i didn't really notice any difference in difficulty between them other than that. Well, it was difficult to finish some Revelation chapters without getting bored :V

Edited by Rathichu

I didn't feel the enemy damage increase until I checked stats since I had a robed and trained Rinkah, since she pretty much ignored most of the physical damage

I definitely found Rev lategame easier than BR lategame assuming using Ryoma like he's a normal person instead of solo god, though.

Was less the damage and more the durability for me- there were some enemies in C9 that Rinkah was tinking and Subaki/Hana/Kaze were doing like 4-6 damage to which was just sad. Birthright didn't really have anything comparable to that.

Was less the damage and more the durability for me- there were some enemies in C9 that Rinkah was tinking and Subaki/Hana/Kaze were doing like 4-6 damage to which was just sad. Birthright didn't really have anything comparable to that.

C9's balance is just awful. I think Rev's more difficult--or rather, annoying, earlier on, but the lategame maps aren't like BRs where I at least have to try a few approaches before finding the easy way out---they're all just kinda easy late. No real attempt at a difficulty spike, unless you count training Odin.

I did account for Rinkah's damage issues though, and I prepared her a bunch of tonics and a forge going in since I was using her for long term anyway. Using an HP tonic on the map doesn't fill her hp gauge up, so it'll actually just activate flame blood right there.

I made it to Conquest Lunatic Endgame, but I don't think it's possible to go any further with the restrictions I set and the team I have... well, unless I wait for daily events >_>/

Stupid map design, stupid RNG, stupid undead Takumi.

I made it to Conquest Lunatic Endgame, but I don't think it's possible to go any further with the restrictions I set and the team I have... well, unless I wait for daily events >_>/

Stupid map design, stupid RNG, stupid undead Takumi

Its fine the game doesn't save on 28

Just walk to him on a rampart of your own dead if you banned rescue/entrap/pass for some reason.

Edited by joshcja

So, inspired by Lumi's RyouMarx i decided to have none other than GRORIOUS LEO to one shot his one true bro love Takumi into his senses

How possible is this? Chapter 26, and currently Leo is on the path of SM with 29 speed on level 16(i don't really care about his magic because the game is literally raining with Spirit Dust). For the record i pretty much had every main chapter stats booster, and access to Midori Paralogue for the herb. I don't know the stats benchmark on Takumi

On the other hand, i recruited Percyval and he had something stupid like max luck, 37 Def, and 28 STR

Which skill is worth more? Malig Knight seems more preferable but that won't last if for some reason i decided to run non mounted class such as i dunno Hero and Zerker?

If my Leo Takumi plan didn't work out, Zerker Percyval with Deathmode hax Aura from Arthur is definitely the #1 Takumi slayer though so thats cool

Edited by JSND

You need 35 speed after tonics/Pair Up/Rally to double Takumi. The Atk benchmark is super high, even a capped Leo can't ORKO without some crazy skills. Percy probably would need to double crit(Dragonskin halves normal damage and reduces crit damage) at sketchy hit rates.

Can confirm--I had Sorc Leo S rank paired with Felicia with capped mag and forged Lightning and he did 14x4, which isn't enough, and then Takumi doesn't even want to attack first on enemy phase so my entire team died after. I ended up soloing 27 just to get 4 more levels on Corn for Aggressor and prayed for a Dragon Fang (which proc'd) to oneround him.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Man i seriously hope i didn't shoot myself on the foot for having level 6 Avatar

To clarify you only need to kill Takumi ONCE right? As in he's paired up but you don't need to kill him twice like some sort of Super Robot Wars boss

EDIT: Hmm i guess i could try giving LoD to him. Level 15 -> 17 shouldn't be too hard

Edited by JSND

So, inspired by Lumi's RyouMarx i decided to have none other than GRORIOUS LEO to one shot his one true bro love Takumi into his senses

How possible is this? Chapter 26, and currently Leo is on the path of SM with 29 speed on level 16(i don't really care about his magic because the game is literally raining with Spirit Dust). For the record i pretty much had every main chapter stats booster, and access to Midori Paralogue for the herb. I don't know the stats benchmark on Takumi

On the other hand, i recruited Percyval and he had something stupid like max luck, 37 Def, and 28 STR

Which skill is worth more? Malig Knight seems more preferable but that won't last if for some reason i decided to run non mounted class such as i dunno Hero and Zerker?

If my Leo Takumi plan didn't work out, Zerker Percyval with Deathmode hax Aura from Arthur is definitely the #1 Takumi slayer though so thats cool

For a vantage assisted PP+EP orko you need 66 atk after WTA and mal.

For a raw orko you need uuuuh, 72+S wta or 74 flat (after mal).

Leo can hit the first benchmark with a LoD dip and....every buff in the game (he needs a +speed partner to double since azura's probably busy)

Pretty much any 2 units with pairup rallys and braves can just body Takumi though.

Edited by joshcja

Has anyone done a Lunatic LTC yet, at least for Chapters 1-6? Can't find a sign of one anywhere. There's a Hard Mode LTC, but the Chapter 2 strategy, if even possible on Lunatic, requires extreme luck with a lot of dodges against 90% hit rates and whatnot. So, does anyone have a real Lunatic LTC strategy?

Has anyone done a Lunatic LTC yet, at least for Chapters 1-6? Can't find a sign of one anywhere. There's a Hard Mode LTC, but the Chapter 2 strategy, if even possible on Lunatic, requires extreme luck with a lot of dodges against 90% hit rates and whatnot. So, does anyone have a real Lunatic LTC strategy?

Yeah it's called reset till you hit every stat benchmark and walk in the straightest line possible with perfect rng. (There are strat's to make things more likely but... that's what it amounts to at the end of the day if you want to go as low as you possibly can)

Chapters 1-6 are ass in LTC.

Ch3 in particular can just blow me.

Edit to avoid double post:

So doesn't got me started on wyvern!elise in conquest as a shitposter build but...holy shit she's actually good as fuck with the secret books, her str is "high enough" pre promo thanks to str+2 and pots. Post promotion bolt axe + horse spirit is absolute destruction while her hp/def reach a respectable 40ish/20ish base in the lategame which pulls off some pretty awesome frontline rally res/def/inspiration/demosele/lily's poise action. I've been running her a lot recently waifu'd to odin for sorc tree skill on +str or +mag offstat mu builds (early dwyer 2 gud). Elise!Ophelia normally annoys me in game due to her absolute paper def but draco growths actually fix that up nicely by passing solid bases from both parents.

She seems to have a really nice niche in casual play and possible draft/efficency(?). 10/10 would use again.

Edited by joshcja

Finished Revelation, lategame was pretty easy although Sumeragi's chapter was a bit tricky. The 1 turn Rescue skip chapters were pretty lulzy. Overall, I'd say Revelation's difficulty is similar to Birthright.