Your most shameful moment here

blah the Prussian

Here's something from the category of "stupid shit I did as a kid": when I was a 12 year old in summer camp, a counselor was doing face painting. I asked if I could paint her face, and when she let me, I painted a swastika, lied about what it actually was, and let her walk outside with it as a prank. It's especially bad because, unbeknownst to me, she was Jewish. I got in tons of trouble and had to make an apology. It's one of those things that still make me cringe whenever I remember it.

Edited by Lore

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something from the category of "stupid shit I did as a kid": when I was a 12 year old in summer camp, a counselor was doing face painting. I asked if I could paint her face, and when she let me, I painted a swastika, lied about what it actually was, and let her walk outside with it as a prank. It's especially bad because, unbeknownst to me, she was Jewish. I got in tons of trouble and had to make an apology. It's one of those things that still make me cringe whenever I remember it.

Damn u were a baaad kid.

Making a complete ass out of myself in the spriting forum, I no longer post sprites here...because every time I do, it turns into a shitstorm. Combination of the pro spriters being blunt and nitpicky with their critiques and me not wanting to fix things over and over again to get their approval.

Similar to Dragoncat, yeah, making an ass out of myself in one of the creativity boards because I didn't accept critique as well as I do now. And leaving back in like 2011 and not returning for like a year and a half. Ah, regrets.

kek i think one time in 2011 i made an "im leaving SF" thread and was addressing everyone i knew like it was a suicide note or something.

it was like @member name here: i dont care what everyone says about you, you're alright. but then i came back a week later lmao

kek i think one time in 2011 i made an "im leaving SF" thread and was addressing everyone i knew like it was a suicide note or something.

it was like @member name here: i dont care what everyone says about you, you're alright. but then i came back a week later lmao

Did anyone actually reply to that?

yeah, i knew a decent amount of people back then. ironically most of them are not here today lmao

It's possible that not leaving a goodbye post makes it easier to leave somehow. I think I've only been absent from here for an extended period twice, and the longer period (don't really know how long it was) I didn't leave a goodbye message. I think. I don't really know.

It's possible that not leaving a goodbye post makes it easier to leave somehow. I think I've only been absent from here for an extended period twice, and the longer period (don't really know how long it was) I didn't leave a goodbye message. I think. I don't really know.

It does, because a piece of you normally hightails it back to respond to people, and then you never actually break the habit or reform a habit of visiting.

Super this. When I left for almost 3 years it was actually during a mafia game and i just actually quit getting on the site, said nothing to nobody. Which was super terrible of me, but effective.

That's also is my most shameful moment. Also not being able to play scum in a mafia game without subbing. Also when I first joined and I was just always super annoying because I just wanted people's attention. But tbh I'm still like that.

Edited by Strawman

On this site: Eh...I don't know. The closest thing to 'shameful' I've gotten was jumping on the 'Fates sucks' bandwagon, but I wouldn't really count that.

Off this site: My existential crisis was a long train of these, but the day I realised I felt nearly no emotional connection to anyone in my life was the worst.

Edited by Phillius

On this site: Eh...I don't know. The closest thing to 'shameful' I've gotten was jumping on the 'Fates sucks' bandwagon, but I wouldn't really count that.

Off this site: My existential crisis was a long train of these, but the day I realised I felt nearly no emotional connection to anyone in my life was the worst.

Wait... Fates sucks? I mean, I know the story isn't very good, but the game is pretty solid IMO. It's much less of a stat war than Awakening-- although unit balance could be better in this one. It's not nearly as grindy to get the skills, and the level curve feels a bit less silly.

I don't think I've ever really done anything on this site that I felt ashamed of really, because I generally tend to not do anything personal to anyone and only like to encourage people-- of which I'm not ashamed of that really.

Off site: Um... I guess when I once handled a bully of a friend by just hammerfist striking the bully in the back of the neck when he overextended to attack me. I should have handled it without violence. Especially because I want to say I kicked him afterward when he staggered back from the shock of me actually hitting him.

Ruining one of the mafia games a long while back by screenshoting my role PM. Led to my blacklisting for a while. I can't remember whose game it was but I felt like an ass a couple of days after. I did get unlisted after while when I asked if I could join a game by IET, but I haven't played a game of mafia since.

Edited by SlayerX

Making a thread about Persona Q and then getting mad at the person who said I should not be playing/talking about said game because I had never played a Persona game before, sad thing is I am still a little mad at that person. That is the only thing I feel any way bad about.

I've said a couple of dumb things and failed a few fact checks, but I haven't really done anything too shameful here. Had I joined when I first found out about these forums, I'm sure this wouldn't have been the case based on forum experiences elsewhere.

As for offsite moments, all of freshman year at uni counts

Off site: Um... I guess when I once handled a bully of a friend by just hammerfist striking the bully in the back of the neck when he overextended to attack me. I should have handled it without violence. Especially because I want to say I kicked him afterward when he staggered back from the shock of me actually hitting him.

Don't feel bad for it, as long as it worked. Dealing with toxic people is a results-based business!

(Though, yeah, ofc non-violence is ideal, just not always achievable. Things happen in the heat of the moment.)

Edited by Parrhesia

Super this. When I left for almost 3 years it was actually during a mafia game and i just actually quit getting on the site, said nothing to nobody. Which was super terrible of me, but effective.

>|

Probably taking out my general frustrations with everyday life on fellow mafia people who most certainly didn't deserve it. 2013 was not a particularly good year for my stress levels.

Edited by Sunwoo

Jealousy? I know not the sensation, as I know I am the pinnacle of human existence. Speaking of that, before I was rationally royalist, I was the pinnacle of moral superiority, according to my member title at least. God I was a dumbass.

if you keep growing like a regular teenager should you'll be getting this feeling every 3-4 months

Jealousy? I know not the sensation, as I know I am the pinnacle of human existence. Speaking of that, before I was rationally royalist, I was the pinnacle of moral superiority, according to my member title at least. God I was a dumbass.

hey look man you just made an embarrassing post you're going to regret in a few years. so im going to keep this quote for reference.

even tho user above me quoted you already