Things that probably need to be said.

ZemZem

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah sure mate it's easy to say "just stay motivated when people abuse you for doing your job"

and you know me, i always go for overkill rather than underkill, it just gets tiring as heck and one starts to just decide by default that it's a joke, you dig?

do your job sjw police

Okay

stfu

but unironically i guess we could be less toxic. i also think things have been a bit edgier, and im probably part of the problem as well but feel im only so since everyone else is. shitty excuse ik, but i feel you op

also idk if you were around when crash was here but he deserved his ban. as good a person as you and integ claim him to be today, he was a pretty shitty person when he was here. and you can say that was because he was young and stupid, but we were all young and stupid. he was stupid to the point that it got him banned, so its really on him.

Edited by Sparks

Unfortunately Zera that's the exact kind of warn behaviour that gets members to yell at the mods calling them corrupt and abusive~ And even when they underkill they still get called corrupt and abusive~! There is no win situation... the staff really do get it really rough. I know it's been mentioned several times before, but it's truly a thankless job especially when so much of their work goes behind the scenes.

but yes let me reemphasize the report function

Being staff/living with staff starts to show a person just how little this very important feature gets used >u>

Oh yes and don't forget that even the staff can be reported~! If you think they're acting up there's the report feature for specific cases so the staff will get to decide if somebody really did toe out of line and pming an admin for general/multiple cases!

Edited by Freohr Datia

Oh yes and don't forget that even the staff can be reported~!

i have personally warned three (3) other staff members for various offenses in my time on sf Edited by Integrity

i have personally warned three (3) other staff members for various offenses in my time on sf

you have also personally been reported by multiple members~

tbh he's probably concerned cause he's legit the one some of us have been "mean" to

Not quite, though I have personally felt attacked due to my interests.

stfu

but unironically i guess we could be less toxic. i also think things have been a bit edgier, and im probably part of the problem as well but feel im only so since everyone else is. shitty excuse ik, but i feel you op

also idk if you were around when crash was here but he deserved his ban. as good a person as you and integ claim him to be today, he was a pretty shitty person when he was here. and you can say that was because he was young and stupid, but we were all young and stupid. he was stupid to the point that it got him banned, so its really on him.

Yeah, I was around. I'm not saying he didn't deserve his ban, but I just felt that he was treated kinda unfairly. But meh, I joined three years after him, so there's a lot I'm missing.

i think crash was a really poor example

hi i'm one of the people that used to egg him on

the time he got banned for he was shouting at me for doing what you exampled fre as doing

calmly talking at him and refuting his arguments

was he more upset because it was me?

probably

but that's his problem

not to mention yes, he hated trans people, because something about gender roles (can't remember exact it was years ago)

if he's better and he really cared he could ask tang and probably come back

i wouldn't really care because people change

if he's not an awful person anymore then w/e

if he's better and he really cared he could ask tang and probably come back

actually i had an awesome chat with him on either his or my birthday about a year back and he's thought about coming back but iirc he's decided he's just moved on from it. sf was really toxic for him and it sounds like he's found a good life away from it.

Unfortunately Zera that's the exact kind of warn behaviour that gets members to yell at the mods calling them corrupt and abusive~ And even when they underkill they still get called corrupt and abusive~! There is no win situation... the staff really do get it really rough. I know it's been mentioned several times before, but it's truly a thankless job especially when so much of their work goes behind the scenes.

but yes let me reemphasize the report function

Being staff/living with staff starts to show a person just how little this very important feature gets used >u>

Oh yes and don't forget that even the staff can be reported~! If you think they're acting up there's the report feature for specific cases so the staff will get to decide if somebody really did toe out of line and pming an admin for general/multiple cases!

eclipse loves to warn me for setting a poor example, and I'm not even a real-deal mod!

That said, I feel like more people throw out criticism and less calls for Mod-intervention, which would resolve a lot of concern.

Some people are more offended by things than others. I've learned to just take the words posted in forums generally as words to myself. If people don't like my interests or preferences, that's their business. If they wanna voice it, politely or snarkily, that's their business. Who am I to call out freedom of speech?

I feel like the toxicity is a lot of people's faults, I mean I know I'm probably part of the problem because of my attitude, but I think we can probably become a little more laid back.

I feel some people have improved who I had hated prior, so I don't really know how we are right now as a whole.

effortpost

tbh I don't remember seeing anyone being attacked for liking touhou (not that I have the best memory in the world)

I've just seen it being about overreacting about touhou, but also leading to the unfair stereotype that everybody in the touhou fanbase overreacts over it

but then there's still the key word "attack" which I agree the forum could use less of, although I also think sometimes people's blunt responses get mistaken for attacks

but again that's what the report function is there for~!

Some people are more offended by things than others. I've learned to just take the words posted in forums generally as words to myself. If people don't like my interests or preferences, that's their business. If they wanna voice it, politely or snarkily, that's their business. Who am I to call out freedom of speech?

I can sorta agree on that. People are totally allowed to have different opinions, but I can't stand by when people are going to make others feel too bad about it (but if the person is getting offended possibly by overreacting to responses they're given, then I may try to just help them understand that instead probably mostly for my own sake because I really don't deal well with negativity)

Edited by Freohr Datia

I don't really notice anyone getting attacked over Touhou, no. Some people get given a hard time about it though.

That said I honestly haven't noticed general toxicity in the forums. Maybe I've gotten used to it or maybe it's because I'm not as active as I used to be, but I honestly think the community's gotten less toxic in my time here.

Glad this thread is taking a positive turn.

I also sort of agree but

just not with you being offended because people are "attacking" you for liking 2hu

i mean, 2hu is pretty low hanging fruit anyway

huh

hey cool

that's really neat for him

see Zee things work out

life

finds a way

Yep.

eclipse loves to warn me for setting a poor example, and I'm not even a real-deal mod!

i haven't warned you in 2.5 years what the hell

For what it's worth I avoided joining for a few years because of rumors of such toxicity, but what I've seen and experienced really hasn't been bad at all for the year I've been here.

Tbh I'm not naming anyone but sometimes it seems like Touhou fans are treated as acceptable targets or something

And being me I get the idea that it's somehow my fault that I accidentally created some weird Touhou fan stereotype.

Even though I got into Touhou through SF.

I'll hide in my corner now bye