In which blah the Prussian blind reacts to FE Fates: Conquest

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mozu's basically left alone in a dead village. . .it would be really weird if she didn't come along, no matter what nationality Corrin is. Realistically, she'd have to find the next village over, and hope that they'd take her in. . .assuming she survived that long.

Mozu's basically left alone in a dead village. . .it would be really weird if she didn't come along, no matter what nationality Corrin is. Realistically, she'd have to find the next village over, and hope that they'd take her in. . .assuming she survived that long.

Oh of course, it just never comes up in the future. In any case, here are chapters 9 and 10. In my opinion, this is when the game starts getting really, really good.

-To begin with, turns out I was spelling Ryoma's name wrong. Consider it his punishment for stealing all those kills.

-So wait, the Hoshidans hold a fort just south of the Capitol of Nohr itself? Just how badly is this war going? I suppose it could be part of Takumi's invasion, which would make sense.

-Can I just say what a crappy fort this is? "Hey, Hiro, how about we have a fort with just 3 walls and a massive opening that the enemy can easily waltz in through?" "To add to that, how about we put a bunch of breakable sections of the wall?" Once again, the Hoshidans deserve to lose this war.

-So what were the Hoshidan soldiers planning to do with Azura? I mean, it seems like they were just going to hold her prisoner for a while, and then randomly kill her? Why not just kill her from the get go? Okay, I know that's because otherwise it would be impossible to rescue her, but still!

-As mentioned before, I had to restart this chapter because Silas missed a 92% shot.

-Before heading into Chapter 10, can I just say what a great chapter it really was? I mean, holy shit. My blood was pumping for the whole thing.

-Okay, there was no way this was intentional, but I absolutely love how chapter 10, where you fight Takumi Trump, has a bunch of walls. Oh my god.

-So Takumi Trump declares that the Nohrians love to fight, but then calls them cowards? Pick one, asshole. It is also worth mentioning that the Nohrians aren't the ones who hide behind their men and send them to die in a manner that would give Douglas Haig pause.

-So how long have Serena and Odin been retainers? If we assume that they actually are Severa and Owain, first of all why would they pick Nohr over Hoshido, and second of all what do they have to gain by being retainers? Ah whatever.

-The use of Camilla in Chapter 10 is brilliant. Normally you would be like "Oh push posh, I will save the exp for my weaker units," but here it's like "Fuck fuck shit shit, Camilla would you please murder this Pegasus Knight for me?" The way she is used means that you actually need her to win, which I like; the strong character isn't just easy mode for once.

-Okay, Takumi Trump using Dragonvein is great here because it's such a curveball, but, seriously, how does he escape? He no longer has water to sail away on, so he should be cornered.

-For that matter, does he drain the entire ocean? It seems to me that if he didn't, the rest of the ocean would just flow in and refill the harbor.

-Confession to make: Azura died here and I didn't reset. Her sacrifice was necessary to sing for Camilla, allowing her to split the head of another Pegasus Mnight open. Recuperate from injuries that are so bad you cannot fight for the rest of the game yet are not bad enough that you cannot preform all the functions required of you by the plot, Azura.

-Okay, so Takumi Trump is justified in his anger here, to be sure, but Corrin did not kill "innocent" people, because there was never an innocent soldier, unless they were child soldiers, and even then you can't really be blamed for killing them. I also hope that royally fucking up this bad has some consequences for Takumi in the future, because for Hoshido this offensive was a diasaster. They had less troops than Nohr to begin with, and now they lose so many in this one battle? Then again, the nepotism is strong with Hoshido.

So not only do you spell Ryoma's name wrong, you mistake the rude redhead Selena for Serena Williams or something. :P:

Anyway, pretty sure that Azura was on the run, and somehow wound up in the fort. If she's found, she dies (as shown by that one samurai that wanders around looking for her).

About Azura in that fort, I thought the same thing. She says they kidnapped her, but then, what would they do? They certainly weren't acting on Ryoma's orders and they would be punished if he found out for harming/killing his sister.

So after the job, their only option would be to run and hope to remain incognito or...join Nohr, which would be absurd as they kidnap her because of nohrian anti-sentiment after the explosion in the capital.

That would be a cool twist if there were some dissident actions in Hoshido for full-out war against Nohr. So these soldiers could either be sent by Takumi (who makes them wait for his orders to kill her until he is sure Ryoma and the sisters haven't found out), or a faction that wants Takumi to be the leader for a total war of revenge, as Ryoma doesn't seem to be doing anything and preaching peace as Takumi is the only one who takes matters into his own hands in a number of chapters, like 10. It's doubtful Ryoma would approve such reckless attack, but that would be just Takumi style, also boosted by soldiers wanting revenge.

this thread frustrates me because there are answers to almost all your questions in the game or in DLC, but i cant say anything bc spoilers. im dying

Basically this. (Not that all those answers are satisfactory, of course.)

Wait, that was Takumi acting on his own? Holy shit, I really hope there are consequences for that kind of insubordination.

No, Lanko literally said that it'd be a cool twist if that was what happened, not that it actually DID happen ;/

Wait, that was Takumi acting on his own? Holy shit, I really hope there are consequences for that kind of insubordination.

Rule number #1 when it comes to Fates' story: if you find yourself thinking "it would be cool if this happened", it won't happen.

Rule number #1 when it comes to Fates' story: if you find yourself thinking "it would be cool if this happened", it won't happen.

The final form of the Yato is literally magical chainsaw/sword that is on fire, so I don't know about that...

I could see Takumi ordering a strike like that, but I honestly doubt he would ever directly contradict Ryouma's orders. He respects him and seeks his approval too much for that. Also, while he isn't Azura's biggest fan, he wouldn't order her killed.

She herself states that while Takumi never accepted her as a sister, he also never was as hostile to her as he currently is. Which is a referance to his current posession, that doesn't really get that bad until chapter 13.

I could see Takumi ordering a strike like that, but I honestly doubt he would ever directly contradict Ryouma's orders. He respects him and seeks his approval too much for that. Also, while he isn't Azura's biggest fan, he wouldn't order her killed.

While he wouldn't openly defy Ryoma, I feel that some liberal interpretation of orders wouldn't be beyond Takumi here.

Edited by The DanMan

While he wouldn't openly defy Ryoma, I feel that some liberal interpretation of orders wouldn't be beyond Takumi here.

One thing that gets in the way of this:

On Birthright, Takumi gets "infected" before chapter 10, after falling into the Invisible chasm. Something similar must have happened in Conquest, so we can't be sure if he was even avaiable during the planning stage for this operation.

No, Lanko literally said that it'd be a cool twist if that was what happened, not that it actually DID happen ;/

No, I meant in chapter 10, and it seemed that Lanko said he acted on his own then, which would make sense, as that is basically Hoshido's version of Gallipoli. At this point the best thing I can think of to save the story is to have Corrin start out wanting to reform Mohr but then get corrupted, but then, what do I know. Also something I forgot to mention was that I had my first marriage (Corrin and Felicia) and holy shit, the children story integration for this game is really, really stupid. This is several orders of Deus ex machina.

Edited by blah the Prussian

Don't worry, Azura will always be at your side, like a thorn. It is quite sad, that a lot of people expected that Nohr kidnapped Corrin as a revenge against Hoshido kidnapping Azura.

Wasn't this chapter enjoyable gameplay-wise though ?

Bonus points: Takumi is an Archer, who depend solely on his Fuujin bow. This make him even more unsympathetic.

You made me pause about the Dragon Vein, I never did think about that. That's funny.

Our savior is there, clean up everything.

And you say that you are not eloquent enough, but man, you are good.

No, I meant in chapter 10, and it seemed that Lanko said he acted on his own then, which would make sense, as that is basically Hoshido's version of Gallipoli. At this point the best thing I can think of to save the story is to have Corrin start out wanting to reform Mohr but then get corrupted, but then, what do I know. Also something I forgot to mention was that I had my first marriage (Corrin and Felicia) and holy shit, the children story integration for this game is really, really stupid. This is several orders of Deus ex machina.

- ... son ?

- Yes, father ?

- I've heard that you had a child with a prepubescent Hoshidan girl, and that you stuffed the baby in a time-space alternate dimension, who is apparently bound to another time-space alternate dimension bound to Corrin. Is this true ?

- To my defense, I didn't write this crap.
- You are an even worse father than I am. Iago, you're supposed to be the tactician here, so how didn't you-... Iago ? Where are you ? Seriously dude, Nottu disu shitto agen !

No, I meant in chapter 10, and it seemed that Lanko said he acted on his own then, which would make sense, as that is basically Hoshido's version of Gallipoli. At this point the best thing I can think of to save the story is to have Corrin start out wanting to reform Mohr but then get corrupted, but then, what do I know. Also something I forgot to mention was that I had my first marriage (Corrin and Felicia) and holy shit, the children story integration for this game is really, really stupid. This is several orders of Waifu ex machina.

Fixed :p

The kids are kinda the epitome of fates in a shellnut. So bad it's good plot integration, chock full of the deepest mechanics you've ever seen.

This is delicious. I'm licking my lips like a half-starved wolf waiting for a prey. Soon you'll reach the chapter which will define the rest of Conquest, and I'd say it's in terms of story one of the least liked in the entire series. I'm looking forward to your reaction.

This is delicious. I'm licking my lips like a half-starved wolf waiting for a prey. Soon you'll reach the chapter which will define the rest of Conquest, and I'd say it's in terms of story one of the least liked in the entire series. I'm looking forward to your reaction.

Lawd thane :XD:

Note to blah: this plot point is not nearly as bad as Thane makes it out to be. At this point, the amount of vitriol towards Conquest's story is unjustified and it's far more interesting than "least liked in the series"

Which isn't a good thing at all because I think that there's way worse plot twists in other FEs

I mean, I doubt anything will ever be as bad as Zelgius being the Black Knight, ruining two perfectly good characters with one plot twist of shit.

It's really not that bad. Non-Thane's just go...

Ok, Anime.Gimme the next map so I can play more conquest plz.

No, I meant in chapter 10, and it seemed that Lanko said he acted on his own then, which would make sense, as that is basically Hoshido's version of Gallipoli.

I asked someone who knows more about Conquest than I do about this, and she said that there is literally nothing that implies he's acting on his own. Your anti-Takumi bias is showing

Edited by Sunwoo

That Black Knight-Zelgius thing really came out of left field. Pissed me off, honestly.

At the end of the day, I still liked Conquest for what it was. Reiterating the same beef one has with it over and over is fine--but it gets to the point where one gets tired of hearing the same things over and over.

"Something is there in the story. It should not have been there. It should have been done another way that was not the way that it was done. Time to go make <insert fanwork here> rectifying the mistake that has been done. <insert fanwork here> has been completed. Time to move onto next beef." Essentially my formula for everything I watch and read.

I just go ahead and cut the steak in the boot, to be honest.

I mean, I doubt anything will ever be as bad as Zelgius being the Black Knight, ruining two perfectly good characters with one plot twist of shit.

And considering the way it was revealed, it ruined the "moment of truth". I mean, from logical point of view it made sense for Ranulf not to hide the truth and tell Ike at that moment, but it felt so anti-climatic...

See what happens when apply basic logic to a videogame? It ruins everything!!!