100. What would you if you read that this thread is going to have 100 more of this kind of question?

Welp i'm guessing by alcoholic you mean "abusing drugs" when you say drugs which in that case probably try to get them into rehab. If they are managing their life just fine then i wouldn't intervene.

Yes.

Fixed it in the question.

#43: What would you do if you got an assurance for a well paid job in a different country and you had to leave your familar surroundings for it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be wildly out of character, but probably express disappointment in them and turn them in to the police if it was and illegal drug.

If it's not illegal, get them to do it somewhere where others won't be bothered.

You'd turn a family member in to the police for doing drugs??

What the fuck????

Never. I value being close to my family and friends too much. I like the Midwestern USA too much to leave, and I don't like huge cities.

Basically what's been said, depends on the country.

As long as it's in the EU, both finding a job in another country and traveling traveling is easier, so I'd rather not leave the EU.

It also depends on the job though; I'd be more inclined to take up a very well-paying job in Australia than a low-wage job in Belgium.

You'd turn a family member in to the police for doing drugs??

What the fuck????

Yes. I won't stand for someone, regardless of who they are, breaking the law under my nose.

If I knew about one of my friends doing weed before he got caught back in middle school, I would have turned him in. ...That's probably why he never told me.

New question: depends on the country, as others have said. If it's somewhere dangerous/alien to me as someone who's only lived in NE Ohio, then no. If it's not too dangerous, the US isn't on bad terms with them, I would probably go.

Yes. I won't stand for someone, regardless of who they are, breaking the law under my nose.

If I knew about one of my friends doing weed before he got caught back in middle school, I would have turned him in. ...That's probably why he never told me.

New question: depends on the country, as others have said. If it's somewhere dangerous/alien to me as someone who's only lived in NE Ohio, then no. If it's not too dangerous, the US isn't on bad terms with them, I would probably go.

You'd ruin someone's life because they smoked weed?

Have you ever pirated anything?

As others have said, yeah it depends on the country

but I've always been interested in seeing other places and I think I do fine in different surroundings. Maybe... I can't answer that too well I guess because I haven't been able to afford such changes

MAINLY what I care about is if Integrity were able to come with me or not, since I'm sure there'd be issues with conflicting jobs and whatnot. If he couldn't come (or he'd already had a job that was good enough or that he liked enough and would have to leave it) then no deal. It really helps that I am incredibly unambitious when it comes to making money, because I've spent my whole life poor

Edited by Freohr Datia

I didn't do it *for* the job, but I did move to another country and leave behind all my family and friends, and I wouldn't do it again. It's tough and I frequently wish I could go back home (but I have kids now & an established career and it'd be just as difficult to return).

Mind you, it's very, very different talking about a few years vs. forever. I wholeheartedly recommend living in another country - I just always advise someone to keep open channels back home.

Edited by Res

If I had to learn a new language... probably not. Any English-speaking country would be a firm "HELL YEAH!", though.

Without making any judgements one way or another, I'm curious on how the breakdown on yes/no for today's question correlates to people who are married and/or older.

I didn't quite move to another country, but as a part of my educational career, I had to move states, and it was tough.

Without making any judgements one way or another, I'm curious on how the breakdown on yes/no for today's question correlates to people who are married and/or older.

I didn't quite move to another country, but as a part of my educational career, I had to move states, and it was tough.

I was wondering the same thing; in my early 20s I couldn't move to a new country quick enough. I also wasn't nearly as close to my family as when I became a parent myself.