100. What would you if you read that this thread is going to have 100 more of this kind of question?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wake up when my alarm goes off?

I'm actually pretty good about waking up when I should, though if I have nothing scheduled I wake up when I feel like it.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

My sleep pattern is all messed up and I'll wake up late in the day if I've nothing else to do. (And I watch TV when unable to sleep)

Edited by Naughx

if it's as in I need to get up a scheduled time then I'd go to bed as early as I can manage

if it's as in I woke up early and can't fall back asleep then I'd just start my day early, then at least later on I'd be able to fall asleep early

i dont know any drug addicts or alcoholics so i dont know what its like..

the worst ive known is

1) one of my cousins was involved with drugs in high school but now hes in medschool and everythings fine and i never even knew about it until years after

2) my brother used to drink at parties underage and he crashed his car into a sign..it got taken away from him for 6 months and now everythings back to normal...barely even knew about it until he crashed his car on my birthday LOL

so.....nothing for mild situations i guess?

idk i find drug usage and alcoholism to be really disgusting so im not sure how id react if it were a close family member lol. would i be ashamed?? probably. would i be grossed out a bit?? sure. i wouldnt totally reject them tho. since im a kid theres not much i could do about it either way. like i wouldnt ignore them, but i wouldnt go out of my way to talk to them. its not like i do that anyway...w/e. so back to nothing again. yea

Express my disappointment in them, but I ultimately would not care.

As far as alcohol goes, simply having a few drinks, on the other hand, is fine by me.

My parents are probably retiring soon. If they started using any illicit drugs I'd try and convince them to stop. I think you don't necessarily have to abuse pot but I think it'd be dumb of them to use while working. I really don't think they would though. If I think they were alcoholics I'd try and intervene too, but that'd be regardless of whether they were working or not. I'd be primarily aggressive about drinking and driving, probably lenient about drinking too much besides that.

If it was my bro I don't know what I'd do. I mean, again I'd try and talk with him about it, but I feel like I don't really have any influence over him since he's in another state.

To be honest though I'm not sure if my bro has ever used pot, if anything I'm the one most at risk for using drugs though I don't think I did while I was in college and I haven't used since I left (that would be 5 years ago). I don't think there's any risk of me becoming an alcoholic, I'm just not a huge fan of being drunk and I don't like the taste of alcohol much either. If anyone was gonna be an alcoholic in my family I guess it would be my dad. I think there's very low risk of that, but between my parents he drinks a little more and my bro I don't think drinks all that much.

I don't think I'd actually put a lot of strength into trying to force them to ease off if they were really using an addictive substance heavily, but I'd try and make it clear I cared about em, etc and was there to support em and was in favor of getting them to stop using heavily. Try and be available to provide support, but I don't see myself being part of an aggressive intervention unless things got very bad.

I've met some addicts but I don't have a lot of experience discussing what works with them. I know professionals I have a fair amount of trust in, both from personal experience (mental health and substance abuse cross over) and social connections, I'd probably try and consult with them just to see what they think I should do.

Last thing, I'm somewhat leery of alcoholics anonymous due to things I've seen some people say, I'm sure it works sometimes but I might not be adamant about it like I know some people are. My opinion might be skewed, I may have heard a bit too much from a few sources.

Edited by Togami Byakuga

In my case, pretty much live my life as I have been, since it's true.

Alcoholism runs in my family, and I pretty much never drink as a result.

I had a cousin a week younger than me who OD'd a couple years ago. I'm not sure if I'd call her a girlfriend, but the first girl I ever kissed, that I knew since Kindergarten, also died from overdose. Another good friend in high school: death from overdose,

I've seen how all this can affect people. I've never touched it myself, because I don't want to end up like them.

mfw i misread "alcoholics" as "catholics"

i need a drink

Concerned relative: I think you have enough cats.

Me: I'll tell you when I have enough cats!

It'd be wildly out of character, but probably express disappointment in them and turn them in to the police if it was and illegal drug.

If it's not illegal, get them to do it somewhere where others won't be bothered.

Welp i'm guessing by alcoholic you mean "abusing drugs" when you say drugs which in that case probably try to get them into rehab. If they are managing their life just fine then i wouldn't intervene.