Ike's FE Megathread {15.5}

Integrity

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subs aren't that bad anyway. They get so much flac for being bad units when in reality if you don't have a holy weapon chances are you aren't doing much in the endgame anyway. Subs are plenty usable.

and sharlow is hilarious

i'm like 90% sure fury won't attack Levin (although her squad will, but you might as well kill them for more exp anyway)

Chapter 2 really isn't that bad (gameplay wise), it's pretty obvious where you're always going to have to go next, just leave you non mounts by Nodion so you don't have to move them. People really don't get FE4's not actually that bad on unmounted units since the warp staff is so easily accessible and there is occasional backtracking that follows a clear route so you can at least set them up to do something, unlike other games where they just permanently fall behind.

Chapter 2 really isn't that bad (gameplay wise), it's pretty obvious where you're always going to have to go next, just leave you non mounts by Nodion so you don't have to move them. People really don't get FE4's not actually that bad on unmounted units since the warp staff is so easily accessible and there is occasional backtracking that follows a clear route so you can at least set them up to do something, unlike other games where they just permanently fall behind.

actually i forgot the warp staff, hilariously, thanks for reminding me it existed. i knew this wasn't always so bad.

Edited by Integrity

do not pair sylvia and if it happens accidentally then Sylvia Must Die

i don't care who you pair fury with but tbh Hawk is A Good Lad even if you don't pair her with anyone

Holyn x Fury because Lewyn doesn't deserve, and I vaguely remember you like Fee so use a pairing that's good for her (if I remember wrong, disregard this)

actually yeah i think the last guy who can use the holy mage spell is Fury's kid since Aideen's spoken for, right?

and well

it's called For Seti for a reason eh

Lewyn really is obnoxious in C2, but I wonder what you're gonna say about his C4 conversation with Fury, because that's just as bad if not worse. Totally waiting for that.

LewynxFury, because Sety is awesome.

Noish Fury for broken Fee

Please God no. It makes Ced useless, and Noish!Fee isn't actually that great. Hell, Lex!Fee is better in nearly every way than Noish!Fee. And Lewyn!Fee is better than both, thanks to the speed boost. In fact, don't even use Noish. He sucks.

Please God no. It makes Ced useless, and Noish!Fee isn't actually that great. Hell, Lex!Fee is better in nearly every way than Noish!Fee. And Lewyn!Fee is better than both, thanks to the speed boost. In fact, don't even use Noish. He sucks.

Theres not really a way to make Ced/Sety useless, I had Ardan as his dad once and he still owned most enemies with Lightning.

And he hilariously capped str and def

Edited by Jedi

Theres not really a way to make Ced/Sety useless, I had Ardan as his dad once and he still owned most enemies with Lightning.

And he hilariously capped str and def

Okay, maybe not make him useless, but it absolutely murders his magic.

Lex is better with Tiltyu. Sety doesnt need that much magic since resistance is not a thing for most enemies sans dark mages. Noish does suck but he has some decent skills to pass down. He's good with Ayra kids too.

Noish is like, one of the best fathers dude.

EDIT Not at above posted but the other guy who said Noish sucked.

Edited by Refa

Lex is better with Tiltyu. Sety doesnt need that much magic since resistance is not a thing for most enemies sans dark mages. Noish does suck but he has some decent skills to pass down. He's good with Ayra kids too.

Lex/Tailto is a terrible pairing. It murders the kids' magic, and its only niche is wrath+vantage, which isn't as good in practice as it looks in theory.

FE4 is beatable with subs, let alone suboptimal pairings. Let's not let this turn into a bout of the My Wife's Better Than Your Wife Willycopter Party, right?

Now that I think about it, yeah, go for LewynxFury so you can critique that terrible conversation between them during C4.

trust me i'm bringing that conversation (and sylvia's) up regardless

also seconding parrhesia, don't argue about optimal pairings in this shit. i've beaten fe4 with everything down to "my useful units were basically seliph, jeanne, hawk, and faval" so i literally couldn't give a shit about optimality.