• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but why

im genuinely curious

uncultured american swine here

also p sure reagan's policies and her's were the same. why didnt people celebrate his death?

also p sure reagan's policies and her's were the same. why didnt people celebrate his death?

Shitloads of people hate reagan too (myself included) but reagan wasnt nearly as directly (keyword, i think) destructive as thatcher was, and at least he was charismatic, which is just about the best thing one can say about him as a president. Thatcher actively marginalized the working class of the uk unremorsefully and devastated the scottish mining industry. Even tho they had similar policies they were different people in different social and cultural contexts, which of course means they had a different reception

edit: also as an argie i obviously have personal feelings in play even if they're conflicted

Edited by fuccboi

Shitloads of people hate reagan too (myself included) but reagan wasnt nearly as directly (keyword, i think) destructive as thatcher was, and at least he was charismatic, which is just about the best thing one can say about him as a president. Thatcher actively marginalized the working class of the uk unremorsefully and devastated the scottish mining industry. Even tho they had similar policies they were different people in different social and cultural contexts, which of course means they had a different reception

edit: also as an argie i obviously have personal feelings in play even if they're conflicted

She also completely destroyed the Welsh mining industry. She also did something to northern England. I know they hate her up there too, but not sure why exactly.

Also I thought it was fucking hilarious when #nowthatchersdead was trending twitter and the ignorant were like "omg cher is dead???"

She also completely destroyed the Welsh mining industry. She also did something to northern England. I know they hate her up there too, but not sure why exactly.

Also I thought it was fucking hilarious when #nowthatchersdead was trending twitter and the ignorant were like "omg cher is dead???"

ngl I read that as "now that cher is dead" even with the right context

ngl I read that as "now that cher is dead" even with the right context

me too because why would there be a "now" at the beginning and not the end in the first place

wouldn't "thatcher's dead now" make more sense than "now thatcher's dead" unless it's a pun but then it just makes it look like cher's dead

Tbh if you're doing shitty things generally it's bad to be charismatic, it just makes you more effective at doing those shitty things.