The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

+1 bias.

10/10

Comes early, has a decent physical movepool, and low kicks/KC's shit to death.

And for some reason, I think it gets Swords Dance for Sevii islands fun.

Def. better than Hitmonlee.

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

the point is that hariyama can actually pull off bd and hit back like a two-ton semi smack on the face. unless it's SE, nothing is going to do more than ~30% unless you're against a high powered special sweeper with a stab move, which puts to question the logic of using hariyama.

And thats why you cop 2 extra attacks to the face, or the AI is dumb.

Vital Throw, just to go second anyway, or Arm Thrust their face in.

Do we get to use Items to heal? I'd like to know.

and if training is going to be involved, it's easy as shit to train up guys even if you're only gaining 50%. slakoth isn't hard to get to 18 at all, and then it's a smooth ride to slaking, and it comes at a time when ohkos are rather easy to pull off. slaking's great at hitting and running back after recharge, so yeah.

And that's why I suggested Hyper Beam. Because recharging doesn't matter if you can kill something and switch out.

also, i see the point of a low ranked beldum because it comes postgame, but bagon is easy to get up to speed because level 50 honestly isn't hard to train to at all. salamence is probably really of deserving of top tier because of how awesome it is against the e4 and postgame steven with flamethrower

Actually, considering availability, your going to be training for a looong time. Unless you've saved up like 10 rare candies or so, you have to get Waterfall to reach Bagon, and that's past 8th gym. Good luck with that.

PITA to find

Crap stats

Movepool does not match stats

It comes early IF you can find one, then it sucks.

1/10 - 1 because FUCK Roxanne's Nosepass.

0/10

the point is that hariyama can actually pull off bd and hit back like a two-ton semi smack on the face. unless it's SE, nothing is going to do more than ~30% unless you're against a high powered special sweeper with a stab move, which puts to question the logic of using hariyama.

and if training is going to be involved, it's easy as shit to train up guys even if you're only gaining 50%. slakoth isn't hard to get to 18 at all, and then it's a smooth ride to slaking, and it comes at a time when ohkos are rather easy to pull off. slaking's great at hitting and running back after recharge, so yeah.

also, i see the point of a low ranked beldum because it comes postgame, but bagon is easy to get up to speed because level 50 honestly isn't hard to train to at all. salamence is probably really of deserving of top tier because of how awesome it is against the e4 and postgame steven with flamethrower

I'd probably get the same thing done just attacking for two turns.

You do realize Slakoth's in the slow experience group, right?

Ditto for Bagon. Also, I called into question Gyarados getting Dragon Dance before the E4, so naturally, I consider having a Salamence before the E4 rather questionable as well.

Edited by Golden Cucco

emerald e4's lowest is like 48 or 49, so you'll be getting to 50 no problem with your other guys. there are hardly any other uses for rare candies besides for guys that need to catch up and uh, not much else. guys you'd want to baby i guess.

slakoth is out of the way because it is EASY to get it to 18 as i've pointed out (easier than 'dos). DD on gyarados, as i've pointed out, isn't really helping it because no stab moves besides special water, which coming off 60 special attack, or hp flying that's rather on the hard side to get, you won't be doing much with it outside hyper beam and EQ, which EQ has much better uses. gyarados also has a really mediocre earlygame, with only like bite and dragon rage until the underpowered hydro pump comes along

Edited by Fallenite

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Nosepass: 0.93

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Goldeen/Seaking: 2.01

Surskit/Masquerain: 2.88

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Nincada/Shedinja: 3.69

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Nincada/Ninjask: 4.13

Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking: 5.36

Geodude/Graveler/Golem: 5.64

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo: 5.69

Wingull/Pelipper: 5.70

Whismur/Loudred/Exploud: 5.81

Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry: 6.36

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Azurill/Marill/Azumarill: 7.00

Makuhita/Hariyama: 7.50

Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam: 7.56

Magikarp/Gyarados: 8.25

Shroomish/Breloom: 8.27

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Taillow/Swellow: 8.38

Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: 8.39

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Hot Skitty on Wailord Action.

Oh good lord. It looks like Farfetch'd became a cat.

Delcatty has no stat over 70, which means it'll never really be super useful, or even really plain useful to begin with. It's movepool is massive and all, but it sucks at using those moves. 65/55 Offenses are worse than Farfatch'd's, and we know how much of a joke his stats are. Not to mention Skittys are a 2% encounter rate, so good luck finding one without wasting too much time (and even so, Delcatty is a big waste of time). You've got to stick with this silly Skitty for four gyms, and it's 260 BST (which is LOWER than freaking Dittos). Then you give it a Moon Stone, and you get this awesome Delcatty who has a 380 BST, which is LOWER than freaking Beautifly and Dustox!!!. And unlike them, Delcatty has no utility to speak of other than being a slave for Strength. Delcatty's some kind of cruel joke.

1 + 1 bias (Skitty's pretty cute) = 2/10 - I really can't see it as worse than Nosepass due to being better at attacking (which is what in-game is all about).

haha look at that a lame normal type. it's got pretty much zero going for it besides fun with assist, even though it will never have the power to go into it. you're better of using your moonstone on jiggly for a cool bulky normal, but even then you might want to rethink that.

pretty much no support to your team, that pure normal typing doesn't help, lackluster stats, too rare to consider spending the time it'll take to search for it then train it. i'll give it half a point because, uh, well it's not worth a 0. .5/10 final answer

Except Emerald E4 can be trivialized with Rayquaza if we feel like it. And rating the ingame performance of a pokemon that requires lots of grinding to do anything at all as top tier while rating a pokemon that's been there all game, never required grinding, and still been decent lower than it is stupid.

And rating the ingame performance of a pokemon that requires lots of grinding to do anything at all as top tier while rating a pokemon that's been there all game, never required grinding, and still been decent lower than it is stupid.

Thank you, BBM.

Can evolve pretty early into the game after the third gym, but the stats are below average. Can't really attack or defend very well. 2/10 for normal-type STAB, good movepool and (inaccurate) sleeping.

7.5/8 ish

Although not the strongest fighting type, Mankey is a good utility pokemon against Brock for people that chose charmander at the beginning.

Eventually dropped, but still has good memories

I counted this as 7.75.

Mankey gets an 8.96.

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around noon EST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Paras/Parasect: 2.15

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Ekans/Arbok: 2.57

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Zubat/Golbat: 3.25

Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff: 4.21

Venonat/Venomoth: 4.28

Vulpix/Ninetales: 4.38

Meowth/Persian: 4.44

Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume: 4.92

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Sandshrew/Sandslash: 5.86

Pikachu/Raichu: 5.94

Psyduck/Golduck: 6.00

Spearow/Fearow: 6.21

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Diglett/Dugtrio: 7.9

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoqueen: 8.58

Mankey/Primeape: 8.96

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

Clefairy/Clefable: 9.50

Nidoran-M/Nidorino/Nidoking: 9.75

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Can be captured near Celadon and evolved instantly with a Fire Stone, resulting in some killer stats. It learns Flame Wheel at lv. 31 as Growlithe though, so that's quite a bit of time to wait if you want a fire-type STAB that's not expensive (you could buy a Flamethrower TM otherwise) and doesn't run out of PP too quickly. As Arcanine, it gets access to Dig, Aerial Ace, as well as Strength/Rock Smash HMs, which is better than what Vulpix and Ponyta get. And of course, Arcanine has some of the best non-legendary bases in the game period, along with Gyarados and whatnot. Intimidate is worth mentioning too, but with its offence and speed it should be OHKOing when you switch in. The only problem is the non-existing natural learnpool and the fact that you're probably not seeing Extremespeed before the game is over. Strength is equivalent in power and it should be outspeeding things anyway, but who doesn't want to use that move? 8.5/10

Can be captured near Celadon and evolved instantly with a Fire Stone, resulting in some killer stats. It learns Flame Wheel at lv. 31 as Growlithe though, so that's quite a bit of time to wait if you want a fire-type STAB that's not expensive (you could buy a Flamethrower TM otherwise) and doesn't run out of PP too quickly. As Arcanine, it gets access to Dig, Aerial Ace, as well as Strength/Rock Smash HMs, which is better than what Vulpix and Ponyta get. And of course, Arcanine has some of the best non-legendary bases in the game period, along with Gyarados and whatnot. Intimidate is worth mentioning too, but with its offence and speed it should be OHKOing when you switch in. The only problem is the non-existing natural learnpool and the fact that you're probably not seeing Extremespeed before the game is over. Strength is equivalent in power and it should be outspeeding things anyway, but who doesn't want to use that move? 8.5/10

This, but +1 for extreme bias. One of my favorite first-gens alongside Nidoking. 9.5/10

6.5/10

Fire is a shitty stab to have pre-gen 4, because Flamethrower arrives either late, or is expensive.

And Fire Blast is alright, but inaccurate, and overheat can be used twice before needing to be switched out.

6.5/10

Fire is a shitty stab to have pre-gen 4, because Flamethrower arrives either late, or is expensive.

And Fire Blast is alright, but inaccurate, and overheat can be used twice before needing to be switched out.

Yup

decent doesn't make top tier though, even if it's "been there all game." zigzagoon is available all game, yet rating it above 5 is way overkill because it's the mediocre of mediocre, even after pickup and hm utility. rayquaza isn't actually all that good anyway, hardly trivializing the e4. beldum shouldn't even get a rate because it's not in-game :y

rather mediocre for a fire-type, but it's pretty much your best bet outside of maybe rapidash if you didn't choose charmander for a starter. starved for a good stab move, and fire is special anyway, so you're not hitting for as much damage as you would probably like. 5.5/10 is what i'd give it outside of bias, but arcanine has been a bro since red days, so 6.5 with bias??

rather mediocre for a fire-type, but it's pretty much your best bet outside of maybe rapidash if you didn't choose charmander for a starter. starved for a good stab move, and fire is special anyway, so you're not hitting for as much damage as you would probably like.

BS. Arcanine has a BST of 555, and a Sp. Atk stat of 100. Rapidash has a BST of 500, and a Sp. Atk stat of 80.

Flamethrower in this game is only obtainable from the Celadon Game Corner, which is right where you first encounter Growlithe's.

Anyway, you can catch a Growlithe just outside Celadon at Level 20, and evolve it straight away. Then if you head to the Celadon Game Corner you can teach it Flamethrower. He can then serve you well for the rest of the game, despite a low movepool. Can be TMed Iron Tail, Hyper Beam, Return, Dig and Aerial Ace when you get it too, so while it does have a tiny movepool, the moves it can learn are all very useable.

8.5/10

Edited by Shotguner159

Erm... Not sure what to say on this one. I boxed Skitty as soon as I caught it, and I didn't even spend time looking.

However: Skitty's freaking adorable. And gets sleep, I guess? So +1 there.

2/10

Edited by Xjezhekiir