The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

Rating on Ingame, and movepool counts.

Lesse, good movepool, and can evolve anytime after evolution, and Water Absorb is nice.

+1 bias, because Red's Poliwhirl was the most badass thing ever.

9.5/10

I don't care, this one is one of my faves.

Comes early, and is useful against mid-lategame Important Battles.

But training it early on is like Ralts 2.0, except that Ralts gets a Stab Confusion with alright special att.

but hell, I remember that one episode where they attacked a city, and all that jazz.

And +1 bias for being 'cool.

9.5/10

Once the training speed bump is over, it gets awesome really fast.

Good defences and HP, but physical attack and speed are almost the same as Mankey's (without Cross Chop and Rock Slide access). Can use Bulk Up and has a diverse movepool, but his speed stat isn't good enough for set-up sweeping. 5/10

This is Poliwag before people started farming them for Drizzle Politoeds.

I think Poliwrath is an attempt to be a mixed fighter. Only problem is that its offenses are lower than all the fully evolved fighting-types in this game (85 Atk lololol, 70 SpA and 70 Speed). It can go mixed (and it probably should to avoid getting outclassed by the other fighters). It gets all the fun fighting toys (Brick Break, Rock-type moves, Earthquake), the water-type toys (Water moves and Ice Beam), and then some other oddities (Psychic and Hypnosis). So it's got a nice movepool, but it lacks the stats to really use them well. As with all fishing Pokemon, you're getting it underlevelled (Good rod why you come so late!!!).

6.5+1 bias = 7.5/10 - Low movepool and underlevelled-ness hold it back. Bias is from Drizzle Politoed and all of its Drizzle glory (I like rain teams).

Except not using bias, just a straight up 7.5/10.

Always loved Tentacruel, but I kind of have a soft spot for water types along with my usual Rock/Ground/Steel love.

Tentacruel was fun to train when I used it, and I kept it around for quite some time. Loved his Sp.Def, and(I don't know if this was available back in R/S/E), but Barrier made it an especially fun tank to use.

8.5+1/10 for a total of 9.5/10 for being such a badass.

Like said before, it is like Zubat when first obtained; stuck with lulzy attacks until LV25, where it gets Bubblebeam.

But hey, at least it gets an edge over the other for having Surf and Ice Beam access; and can smack Flannery's face any day.

But since it's often a regular member in my Water-type party; I should give a nice bias point.

6/10 It would have been great but its a fighting type without learning any solid fighting type moves and is weak to flying and psychic moves along with grass and electric. Its attacking strength is also miserable and the water stone can be hard to get at times. However it can learn important HM's (surf) and if you have enough TM's to make up for its lack of learned moves it can be solid.

ZM watches Chuggaconroy too? :D

It's basically like Zubat. Both are uber common, both have terrible movepools until the mid twenties (where they get Wing Attack or Bubblebeam, respectively). Only difference is that Tentacool here has an advantage over Flannery.

7/10

Yes, I do. Taking this as my vote by the way.

TENTACOOL HAS POISON STING 10/10 (-1 bias because its a water type)

I'm usually lenient on votes, but this vote clearly breaks a rule, so no. (Unless this was a joke vote, so if that's the case, lol.)

Tallying.

Edited by ZM456

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Nosepass: 0.93

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Skitty/Delcatty: 1.71

Goldeen/Seaking: 2.01

Surskit/Masquerain: 2.88

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Nincada/Shedinja: 3.69

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Nincada/Ninjask: 4.13

Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking: 5.36

Geodude/Graveler/Golem: 5.64

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo: 5.69

Wingull/Pelipper: 5.70

Whismur/Loudred/Exploud: 5.81

Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry: 6.36

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Zubat/Golbat/Crobat: 6.71

Azurill/Marill/Azumarill: 7.00

Tentacool/Tentacruel: 7.36

Makuhita/Hariyama: 7.50

Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam: 7.56

Magikarp/Gyarados: 8.25

Shroomish/Breloom: 8.27

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Taillow/Swellow: 8.38

Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: 8.39

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around noon EST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Paras/Parasect: 2.15

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Ekans/Arbok: 2.57

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Zubat/Golbat: 3.25

Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff: 4.21

Venonat/Venomoth: 4.28

Vulpix/Ninetales: 4.38

Meowth/Persian: 4.44

Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume: 4.92

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Sandshrew/Sandslash: 5.86

Pikachu/Raichu: 5.94

Psyduck/Golduck: 6.00

Spearow/Fearow: 6.21

Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Politoed: 6.79

Growlithe/Arcanine: 7.78

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Diglett/Dugtrio: 7.9

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoqueen: 8.58

Mankey/Primeape: 8.96

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

Clefairy/Clefable: 9.50

Nidoran-M/Nidorino/Nidoking: 9.75

I am going to say that Alakazam should be counted. If you must take points away for being a trade evo, do it a part of bias.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Clutch against Brawly... and that's about it. Probably the best Brawly clutch though.

4/10 - Only nice for one battle, even if its an allstar in said battle. 

Can't die against Brawly but will take many minutes to win, so I'd argue you're better off using Wingull or Taillow in there. STAB Shadow Ball is good against Liza and Tate, as well as Phoebe, and it actually has access to Calm Mind and a decent enough special coverage via TMs, but not the best stats to make use of any of it. It's also good against Norman's Slakings but once again, there are faster ways to win there. You'll always find use for this chap, but he will only slow down your progress. 5/10

Golem is easily comparible to the others of it's kind, while FRLG Abra family is only comparable to Mr.Mime in turns of being the best overall.

1/10

Kinda not worth it, considering that it has poor coverage, and shit durability, and requires a trade evo, and isn't going survive 2 physical attacks.

Edited by Sharpy

Psychic-types are more useful in FR/LG Kanto because of Weezing and Gengar families running Levitate now (and Dig being weak), and with Hypno being slow and weaker offensively, Kadabra has less competition. Psychic and Shock Wave isn't very wide coverage on the other hand, and Jynx with Mr. Mime get better moves (former gets Ice Beam, latter Thunderbolt and Magical Leaf) and faster growth due to being tradees. They can also fight for themselves as soon as you get them. In that light, the competition for being the team's Psychic is not in favour of Kadabra. 7/10

HOENNS JEIGAN!

+1 bias.

10/10

Makes early-mid game easier, with it's immunities/resistances and all that jazz.

Trolls Brawly and Norman a bit too!

Kinda like fe6 Marcus.