More Unpopular Fire Emblem Opinions

Rezzy

I really had no issues with Chrom's design overall really. Infact, I'm angry that Nintendo favored a Lucina Amiibo over Chrom! >:(

...Lucina got an Amiibo because she could be conveniently cloned from Marth in Smash.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Lucina got an Amiibo because she could be conveniently cloned from Marth in Smash.

To add to that, Lucina was originally going to be a palette swap of Marth, much like Alph is a palette swap of Olimar.

Really, Lucina just got lucky.

Wait, isn't this Tellius in a nutshell?

Huh, I never noticed. But then again, I've played Nomura-designed Final Fantasy, so I guess I've been overexposed to belts...

Liking Chrom's design seems like the most popular "unpopular" opinion yet.

I didn't even know it was a thing to dislike it, but then again, while I understand the criticism against Awakening, some people take it and really go with it and complain about every single aspect of it, making it sound like it was the spawn of the devil that tainted an otherwise perfect franchise.

If anything, I liked Chrom's outfit because it was a onesie. According to GameFaqs, that is.

Is it a onesie? The artbook is out now, so we should have our answer, right? It'd be an odd design choice if you ask me.

Edited by Thane

I didn't even know it was a thing to dislike it, but then again, while I understand the criticism against Awakening, some people take it and really go with it and complain about every single aspect of it, making it sound like it was the spawn of the devil that tainted an otherwise perfect franchise.

Robin and Chrom were among the best designs in that game (not saying a lot, considering, but it seems like an odd point to criticize).

Not sure how unpopular this one is, but I'm doing my first Radiant Dawn playthrough at the moment, and whilst I'm really liking the story, I'm feeling that the levels are really damn long and a smidge on the difficult side.

High difficulty was a pretty common criticism of the game at release.

Not sure how unpopular this one is, but I'm doing my first Radiant Dawn playthrough at the moment, and whilst I'm really liking the story, I'm feeling that the levels are really damn long and a smidge on the difficult side.

You know....I find it very odd that this game can get fair criticism of having long maps and difficult stuff going on and yet for something like Binding Blade that does that same exact thing...I shouldn't criticize that game for what logic?

While I'm talking about it, I will stress once again that I find it very difficult to accept Roy as a lord unit and as a character in the story simply because this guy is pathetic, you pretty much need Rutger and Dieck to beat every boss in the game and grinding Roy almost is pointless since he promotes so damn late in the game and since the final boss is a complete joke.

Even on the story side of things, he's tough to accept. He says that he will do this and that and yet during gameplay, he can't do those as like I said before, You need other units that are BETTER than him. Not to mention that his personality isn't fully fleshed out like why does he never bother to ask himself how his father is doing? Or how he never bothers to study further about the binding blade and the fire emblem instead of asking for information? After all, he bloody studied for crying out loud so a little more of studying, he could've avoided asking more questions.

A lord should also be strong enough to do something in the battlefield or should atleast have decent stats to accept the lord. Even Lyn is more acceptable than what this idiot will ever be.

Now does that mean the story in Binding Blade is terrible? NO! I'm just saying that in my most unpopular opinion of Binding Blade, Roy's involvement in the story is pointless since he can't do anything without SOMEBODY being there for him both story and gameplay wise.

Just like the people who criticize Fates, eh?

Edited by Pixelman

Is getting rid of "Jeigans" an unpopular opinion?

Anyways I don't need second tier units with abysmal bases and growths. Units who are a bit overleveled like FE9 Gatrie and FE10 Nolan work absolutely perfect for me.

Probably not, at least among fans at sites like this one.

The unpopular opinion would probably be wanting to keep Jagens around. Like I do.

I'm just going to have fun with personal opinions

-FE 4 is overrated

-Lief is worse a lord than Roy

-The GBA games are the hight of quality

-The DS games dont look that bad

-Dismount is a fun thing

-forced dismount is a horrible thing

-fatuige is intresting

-FE 5 feels somewhat misdeveloped

-FE 4 big maps are fun

-FE 4's plot makes no sense when thought about

- Awakening and fates are at okay

- The names of the games are bonkers

- 90% of FE 5's difficulty is brutal RNG

-FE 12 is good

-FE 11 is good

Not much different from yourself and fates in my eyes.

From the discussions I had with Thane on other topics, he criticized some aspects of Fates (story-telling, etc.) but doesn't hate it as whole and recognized its qualities... Y'know, world isn't just black and white, you seem extremely binary in your posts. I completely agree with Thane on this point, it's ridiculous how people complain about every aspect of something they don't like 'cause "it's new" or "it's not exactly the same as the original formula", which makes no sense at all because we'd be getting 14 Black Dragons, and that'd be boring af.

If Awakening isn't exactly a good Fire Emblem (same could be told about RD in fact), it's not a terrible game either, it has good musics, design and a good replay value.

Just like the people who criticize Fates, eh?

Except I praise Conquest's gameplay, the soundtrack, the removal of medieval weapons with ammo, several characters, the setting and the many small upgrades that improve upon the formula we've come to expect. There are plenty of people who've said that they'd rather the series ended with FE12 rather than Awakening being made, and you won't ever see me make such a claim in regards to Fates.

What I absolutely cannot stand is the story and the writing, for reasons you seem to be familiar with already.

Is getting rid of "Jeigans" an unpopular opinion?

Anyways I don't need second tier units with abysmal bases and growths. Units who are a bit overleveled like FE9 Gatrie and FE10 Nolan work absolutely perfect for me.

What about second tier units such Oifey and Percival?

From the discussions I had with Thane on other topics, he criticized some aspects of Fates (story-telling, etc.) but doesn't hate it as whole and recognized its qualities... Y'know, world isn't just black and white, you seem extremely binary in your posts. I completely agree with Thane on this point, it's ridiculous how people complain about every aspect of something they don't like 'cause "it's new" or "it's not exactly the same as the original formula", which makes no sense at all because we'd be getting 14 Black Dragons, and that'd be boring af.

If Awakening isn't exactly a good Fire Emblem (same could be told about RD in fact), it's not a terrible game either, it has good musics, design and a good replay value.

I don't see how I'm being binary, I said in my eyes for a reason since it's how I see it, I never attacked him for his opinions or denied that he recognized its qualities, that wasn't my intention at all.

and I never mentioned Awakening or Radiant Dawn being bad or good and I never mentioned Fates as perfect, so I don't see how that has to do with what I said.

Edited by Retro-Remy

• 2 weeks later...

*The more I hear about the gameplay aspects of the older games, the more I don't want to play them (I got fed up with Scared Stones at chapter 6)

*All the lords are interchangeable to me, which is why I rather Avatars as lords from now on.

*A lack of a continent name in Fates does not bother me at all.

*I'm more annoyed by the people who complain about the fan-service designs than the fan-service designs themselves.

*The 3DS games can't write a canon pairing for shit.

*The more I hear about the gameplay aspects of the older games, the more I don't want to play them (I got fed up with Scared Stones at chapter 6)

I suggest giving FE7 a whirl first. I had a lot more fun with it than Sacred Stones.