QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Lusamine being the villain in Pokémon Sun and Moon.

this^
As well as Alvin being the traitor in Tales in Xillia
except that was so obvious i think that was the point

I'm pretty sure there is a situation a lot more specific than what I'm remembering atm, but...

We watched season one of The 100 and the pattern was very very repeatedly "did the characters do something good/made some progress or are they doing good/making progress?? WELL something bad is going to happen immediately to backtrack on that progress"

I learned very quickly watching that that there was no point feeling anything at all when something positive happened in that show because they were going to undo it straight away \o/ It was just a rather annoyingly and repetitively "INSERT DRAMA" and it just went overboard, for me

9 hours ago, Trisitei said:

this^
As well as Alvin being the traitor in Tales in Xillia
except that was so obvious i think that was the point

It was so telegraphed that he was the traitor, that I thought the twist was going to be that he wasn't a traitor, but then he was anyway, like 5 times.  So maybe I was surprised in that way?

Yen'fay was working for Wallhart in order to protect Say'ri. I considered dismissing this possibility because that twist wouldn't make any sense but I quickly realized that this objection didn't hold much water because Awakening never cared about making sense before.

Black Bullet anime: Rentarou ends up fighting Tina. It was...ridiculous. It was so agonizingly painful to watch the entire thing develop and build up to the moment when it happens, I couldn't help but stare in disappointment at the entire mess. It's not a plot twist if you take a laud horn and announce it to the world before hand, post it on twitter, or mass-message every one with a connection to the internet. It was sad. But perhaps we expect too much. 

Honorable mention:

Literally every time the MC of any thing you can name is in a life-or-death situation and it seems like it's all hopeless and death/defeat is inevitable  and just then they awaken to some superpower or someone/something conveniently happens/drops by and resolves the situation.

It's ok to let a few MCs die now and then, like Corrin, to name one; I'm sure we'll end up appreciating it, even if some complain about it at first.

i remember this ryona game where there was an angel who looked like a suspicious shit and she was and the villain was actually good all along also she had no breasts and the villain had big ones coincidence??

QOTD 1132 - What word would you remove from somebody's vocabulary to make them suffer?