QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only when i was a little kid.

i can't even remember the last time i cried, and fictional stuff doesn't really move me.

EDIT: It's hilarious to read this in retrospect, FFXV's ending made me weep like a little girl just a couple of days after I posted it.

Edited by Nobody

No.

I have, however, cried at other characters reactions to a death, or especially to meaningful (happy) followups to deaths. Shoutouts to Pandora Hearts (middle and end), I think? Gunslinger Girl? and Basara? I think ib - Instant Bullet as well?

I probably would've cried at at least one point in FMA, but I read it longer ago and I didn't cry like at all then.

tbh I think I cry at heartfelt, happy/sweet things more than sad things, although if the two can go together that's probably the strongest combination. 

Yes, but it takes a particularly tragic context. The death of a character I adore on its own isn't enough.

I can't think of many specifics but it isn't infrequent.

Not usually. But if I have immersed heavily in the story and the Character is good and his/her death is well written and it gives a big impact, then Hell yes! Below Spoiler about Rave Master manga.

Spoiler

Still remember it was like yesterday when Sieghart sacrificed himself, even though it’s been years since that happened. Omg but that death is a bookmark example how to kill of a character from a series with creative and epic twist. It was so heavily bound to the story too.

I actually just found a youtube clip of the character death above and damn, got this nostalgic melancholic sensation again and actual tears to flow from both of my eyes.:sob:

Edited by Jeheza

32 minutes ago, Jeheza said:

Not usually. But if I have immersed heavily in the story and the Character is good and his/her death is well written and it gives a big impact, then Hell yes! 

Reveal hidden contents

Still remember it was like yesterday when Sieghart sacrificed himself in Rave Master manga, even though it’s been years since that happened. Omg but that death is a bookmark example how to kill of a character from a series with creative and epic twist. It was so heavily bound to the story too.

I actually just found a youtube clip of the character death above and damn, got this nostalgic melancholic sensation again and actual tears to flow from both of my eyes.:sob:

might be a good idea to mark what series the spoiler is about? makes a world of difference as to whether I'd open a like, FMA spoiler vs a idk trails in the sky spoiler

I used to when I was younger, but now I just mope around and get depressed.  Over a fictional character.  I don't know.

Meanwhile I on the other hand cried less as a kid (although I feel like I still cried over deaths anyway??) but now...........

I cry over almost any death, probably as long as the character was given the slightest amount of importance/focus in the story

Every Danganronpa death, especially pretty much all the deaths in DR2. And in DanganronpaV3....the executions are just brutal (I love them but the characters who die....)

Well, to be exact, I don't cry, but I sort of get sad, especially if said character is my favourite fictional character. 

8 hours ago, Euklyd said:

No.

I have, however, cried at other characters reactions to a death, or especially to meaningful (happy) followups to deaths. Shoutouts to Pandora Hearts (middle and end), I think? Gunslinger Girl? and Basara? I think ib - Instant Bullet as well?

I probably would've cried at at least one point in FMA, but I read it longer ago and I didn't cry like at all then.

tbh I think I cry at heartfelt, happy/sweet things more than sad things, although if the two can go together that's probably the strongest combination. 

If I had made a longer reply it would basically be this. I cry more at character reactions to death and to happy things. Now that I think about it, I can't really think of a fictional character I really, really like who dies (other than Beth in Little Women).

10 hours ago, Nobody said:

Only when i was a little kid.

i can't even remember the last time i cried, and fictional stuff doesn't really move me.

yeah this pretty much exactly

Short answer, yes.

Spoiler

In Naruto, when Jiraya dies, because he was basically the greatest character in that entire anime.

Then in Valkyria Chronicles, the death of Isara was fairly unexpected to me

I have cried at a few other too, particularly those meant to elicit emotion in movies... I guess i either get too attached to these characters or end up trying too hard to relate to them that i feel sad enough to cry.