QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Previous: I am a stickler for rules and laws, and Cuteness is Justice™ is 100% the law.

Current: uhhhhh frozen curry has basically filled the niche that would normally be filled by "going to a food joint and buying something cheap." other than that, burgers at in-n-out

On 1/24/2017 at 1:56 AM, TheEnd said:

an ideal that should be constantly pursued, even though it'll never be perfectly fulfilled

This is a really good answer tbh.

Yesterday; I don't usually eat fast food, but I guess the best answer is... honestly, like, those Dare bottled iced coffees help destress me, to the point where I'm now nursing a caffeine dependency.

Today; the result is what matters, but motive should be taken into account when judging the person responsible.

I was trying pretty hard to come up with a way to answer this, but

1 hour ago, Parrhesia said:

Today; the result is what matters, but motive should be taken into account when judging the person responsible.

is more or less what I was looking for, only far more concise.

I think the result matters the most on a whole, while the motive kind of just affects the magnitude of a situation?

like the result is the master volume and the motive is a volume slider

I think both provide very important information, though, when it comes to handling how to avoid a bad situation or keep up/improve a good situation for the future

The result of an action. Even if you didn't have an exact motive, you're still responsible for the action you just did.

Think of it as someone getting drunk in a bar, managed to cause a fight, and getting jailed for it despite having a really hazy memory of what they were just doing last night. Motive or not, results are more important, because you still would have defied a law or something.

Result.  Motive is important in judging character and who was "right", but at the end of the day, people are going to have to live with the result.

BOTH result is more important obviously but u kno sometimes things go woops.........

during the ethics unit of my journalism class freshman year my teacher gave us an example where what if you threw a surprise party for someone and then they burst into tears and ran away because they had like partyphobia or something

"thats a shitty example" yea but it made me think a lot