QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being manipulated considering the fact my mom still does it to me plenty and also someone did it to me along with emotional abuse a couple of years back, I'd like to think I wisened up but I only feel like I'm just more paranoid around people all the time :/

Very vague childhood memory (I was like, 3? 4? probably 4) of ... fuck, it was some kind of protest march across the Sydney Harbour Bridge, in the Howard years. It might've been a bit later, and been specifically against the Iraq War, but I don't remember for sure.

No point. Boycotts, obstruction, propaganda of the deed, sure. Demonstrations and expressions of free speech don't change things and put me at risk for almost no benefit.

Justice is nothing more than a word people use to make revenge palatable. If your goal is to improve the lives of others, sometimes a criminal needs to be treated with care and respect to make that happen. But that's not "fair". It's not "justice". The scales aren't weighed out. It's not eye for an eye. Hell, it feels like the opposite. They should suffer, it's not right!

Even if making them suffer makes things worse for everyone.

Justice doesn't matter because feeling like the world is balanced doesn't matter. Actual improvement in peoples' lives, does.

Edited by Makaze