QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

There are 100 prisoners in solitary cells. There's a central living room with one light bulb; this bulb is initially off. No prisoner can see the light bulb from his or her own cell. Every day, the warden picks a prisoner equally at random, and that prisoner visits the living room. While there, the prisoner can toggle the bulb if s/he wishes. Also, the prisoner has the option of asserting that all 100 prisoners have been to the living room by now. If this assertion is false, all 100 prisoners are shot. However, if it is indeed true, all prisoners are set free. Thus, the assertion should only be made if the prisoner is 100 percent certain of its validity. The prisoners are allowed to meet once to discuss a plan. What plan should they agree on so that, eventually, someone will make a correct assertion?

At the beginning, the prisoners select a leader. Whenever a person (with the exception of the leader) comes into a room, s/he turns the lights on (but s/he does this only once). If the lights are already on, s/he does nothing. When the leader goes into the room, s/he turns off the lights. When s/he has turned off the lights 99 times, s/he is 100% sure that everyone has been in the room.

also im a big fan of murder riddles

Edited by bling

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A farmer has a sheep, some hay, and a wolf, and he needs to get them across a river. He can only bring one of them across the river with him at a time. He cannot leave the sheep with the wolf without being with them himself, because the wolf would eat it, and likewise for the sheep eating the hay. How does he get them across the river?

[spoiler=Answer]Take the sheep across, return. Take the wolf across, and on the way back, bring the sheep with him. Take the hay, going back to the sheep empty handed. Bring the sheep over the river again, meaning all three things are now across the river.

My dad always told me this when I was little.

Least Favorite

You are stuck in a room with only a table and a mirror, how do you get out?

[spoiler=Answer]You look in the mirror you see what you saw, you use the saw to cut the table in half. Two half's make a whole you clime though the hole.

Favorite

this one is both a joke and a riddle

Okay so three men walk into a bar with a open roof, all 3 are from different countries, the first one was French very snooty and uptight man but not one to deny a challenge. The Second one was from Russia not much of a drinker but an absolute monster truck of an man, ready to test his strength. The third was Irish yoga predilection for dancing and was the nimblest among the group. The Russian man seen the other two men got cocky and issue them a challenge. He said "I will give you this golden brick if either of you can throw it higher than me." The French man interested replied "what do you get if we lose". The Russian man laughed and said "nothing other than the satisfaction of winning". The two men now seeing that they had nothing to lose decided to accept the Russian man's challenge. So the French man went first and readied the golden brick, and chucked it as hard as he could, it soared about 20 feet then landed upon the ground with a thud. The Russian man was next up he readied his arms stuck his position and hurled the brick at top speed, and it reached about 50 feet then came back to crashing to the ground. The Irish man was next and he said intense and calm "Watch this" then he threw the brick into the air, it soared up into the sky. The three men's sat waiting there for 30 minutes and it never came down, The Irish man apologize to the Russian man. The Russian man said it was fine and I joking tone, " I guess in Soviet Russia bragging rights go to you."

Get it?

Yeah I know it's lame joke let me tell you another one.

So this guy is been saving up money for about three months now, so he could go on vacation to the Bahamas, when about a week ago he finally found a discount a flight and quickly snapped it up. When the day of the flight came the man going to his car and quickly drove to the airport. Was not that bad we get there fairly fast time. The man was late going so when he reached the airport he was strapped for time and the fact had there been traffic he might've missed his flight altogether. So he rushed through the airport running into couple people across the way. until he barely reached his flight a couple minutes before boarding ended. Relieved the man took a seat and waited for the plane to take off, completely ignoring the safety presentation the flight was showing. Once the plane was airborne the man thought to himself it was time to celebrate. So the man pulled his celebratory cigar out his bag and started to smoke it. But as soon as he started smoking it the flight attendant noticed and said "sir there is no smoking on the this flight." The man replied "oh I was not aware" and politely headed over his cigar. The flight attendant thanked him and proceeded to throw the cigar into the airlock disposal which dropped the cigar of the man side of the plane. The man depressed by his new-found lack of cigars looked out the window. Out of the window he saw a majestic eagle soaring near the plane and he saw that it was carrying something its mouth.

So what is the eagle carrying in it's mouth?

[spoiler=Answer]The Eagle is carring the golden brick.

Edited by Locke087

I lied. THIS is my favorite riddle (or maybe it's a joke, idk. It's good anyway):

What do you get when you cross a German Shepherd with a Dachshund?

[spoiler=Answer]A bratwurst.

A guy walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender pulls out a gun and scares the guy. The guy says "thank you" and walks out.

Why?

Answer

The guy asked the bartender for a glass of water because he had the hiccups. Another way to cure hiccups is to scare the person, which is why the bartender pulled the gun on him.

this question rules

anyway - whiteboard. I hate chalk, both in sound and touch. I remember actual debates in late primary school about whether black or whiteboards would survive to be used in high school - I was quietly confident in whiteboards, and I'm glad they won out.

Though tbf there were a few of those unreliable digital ones starting to come out by the time I was in high school, but hey.

Whiteboard. I've always thought sound of chalk writing on a blackboard was unpleasant, and I don't care for all the mess. It doesn't help that there always seems to be some asshole who scratches their nails or some other object on the chalkboard.