1. 1. LORD TIME.

• Eliwood
    • Lyn
    • Hector

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na, he promotes early enough, I think. I always managed to level him up at level 20, before the final chapters.

He promotes around chapter 30, if I'm correct (I can't remember clearly), which actually is uber late. He's your last unit to promote without any doubt.

Also, Eliwood for reasons stated by SS ;)

Edited by Tino

Then he promotes at a pretty decent time, yes. I was referring to HHM (which is the only mode worth playing, in my view).

Just assume anything Swordsalmon or Tino says about FE7 is referring to HHM, unless explicitly stated otherwise. ;P

Indeed ;)

Edited by Tino

Where it counts. As in the early part of the game, where everybody who isn't hector, oswin, marcus, the social knights and a couple of others are running around with bad stats not having a clue how to handle themselves. You also don't have to worry about the rng with hector, which helps. Lyn and eliwood are a lot less reliable in comparison, and they certainly aren't going to be game-winners, where hector is one of your main players if you're doing it "right."

Lol at not worrying about RNG with Hector. He can't double anything except the random soldier, and he can hardly hit anything that isn't holding a lance. Even my skill screwed Eliwood hit and killed more than Hector. And I've always been able to rely on Lyn to get the job done.

There is no true way to do it "right." It's all a person's play-style.

Lol at not worrying about RNG with Hector. He can't double anything except the random soldier, and he can hardly hit anything that isn't holding a lance. Even my skill screwed Eliwood hit and killed more than Hector. And I've always been able to rely on Lyn to get the job done.

I doubt this. I'm pretty sure that your Hector was the one being skill-screwed.

Lass, the whole RNG screwed statement can be used on any character. Lyn could easily get RNG screwed, meaning she can't hurt anything and can die in one hit. Hector can get RNG screwed in the case that he can't double much and has trouble hitting sword units. Eliwood can get RNG screwed in the case that he's messed up in everything. Out of that, Hector gets the better deal, since at least he can do damage and survive things. Then there's the only going up in one stat thing, which everyone is capable of suffering, except for Wolf and Zigarro in the DS Fire Emblem. That's why averages are used in debates, to prevent uh-uh's and uh-huhs. A multitude of people prefer Hector anyway, if you want to go for the what everyone else thinks method. Face it,

Hector>Lyn>>>>>>>>>>Eliwood.

This has already been proven ages ago.

The previous ideas are wrong. Eliwood>Hector>Lyn.

Where it counts. As in the early part of the game, where everybody who isn't hector, oswin, marcus, the social knights and a couple of others are running around with bad stats not having a clue how to handle themselves. You also don't have to worry about the rng with hector, which helps. Lyn and eliwood are a lot less reliable in comparison, and they certainly aren't going to be game-winners, where hector is one of your main players if you're doing it "right."

After a few levels, Eliwood becomes one of the most durable characters, with his über fast Hector support and Lowen for offense. Hector is a good tank, but he's literally hindering everyone at capping his level. Besides, early-game has really good characters like Marcus, Lowen, Dorcas, Oswin, Matthew, and Guy. Actually, probably one of the best early-game teams.

Lyn is aweful, since her supports are pretty unreliable (Hector, Eliwood, Kent, and possibly Florina have better options, Rath, Wil, and Wallace all suck), her durability is among the worst in the game, and no offense without the Mani Katti.