Nino vs Erk vs Pent

Best Rekka no Ken Anima Mage  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best of the 3 anima users?

I like Nino the best, I like to mine abuse Sonia's chapter and have Nino solo it. Killing Sonia with her is especially satisfying. She's also a good candidate for Afa's Drops. Too bad getting her staff rank up in the small amount of time you have her for is such a pain. The only reason I used Pent over her in the final chapter of my first playthrough was because Pent had the staff rank to wield Physic.

erk is pretty much Pent by the time Pent shows up (with a couple less points of magic that doesn't really matter), except he's existed most of the game. Nino's availability is even worse, and even if you use her she's just another unit to kill things, which we have plenty of.

Edited by General Horace

If you use Erk, he'll be around Pent's range although his shaky 50-50 growths could hamper him, but it shouldn't put him down, Pent is just spectacular from the get go, able to effortlessly nuke the majority of the game after he exists, among other things.

Nino is fun to power up in a not LTC or more speedy run, I like her as a character, but as a unit you need to put time and resources into her to put her on par with Erk or Pent at all.

Edited by Jedi

If you bothered using Erk, he turns out just about as good as Pent except with a worse staff rank unless you really put some effort in. Nino comes later, takes more effort and doesn't really end up much better than Pent, assuming both reach 20/20.

Yeah, Pent is better because of the staff rank and the fact that his bases are good enough to carry for the rest of the game.

Erk is quite a mini Pent when you train him, what I dislike about Erk is his lack luster Lck and Def, and I prefer Pent overall.

Indeed, even a lackluster Erk is generally "good enough" to fulfill most of the roles you need him to, which simply goes to show that Pent (with bases > lackluster Erk) can simply be substituted in his place if you don't want to train him. And in all honesty, unless you are doing some sort of challenge playthrough where you don't recruit them, your Guiding Rings are much better spent on units like Canas or Lucius or Nino (one goes to Priscilla, obviously), so Erk usually gets ignored.

EDIT: On a ranked playthrough, Nino is useful for buffing up the EXP rank on the Eliwood modes while you almost don't want to use Pent at all, but it's generally difficult to train her in HHM, and since people haven't really tried completing it significantly faster than the tactics benchmark, EXP is not usually a huge concern at that stage of the game.

Edited by ruadath

For me, it was a toss-up between Pent and Nino. Erk is totally out of the question, since he is - at least on averages - WORSE THAN PENT on Magic, Skill, Luck and Defense, with a negligeable difference in Resistance, and Pent has a Bonus a A-Rank in Staves! So, why the hell would you use Erk?

However, Nino, at level 20/20, beats Pent in every stat that is not called Defense, without Afa Drops. But, the question is, do you take the time and EXP to train her, or do you decide to spread it to other units? In my case, since I do enjoy seeing her growing into a murder machine - and really like reading her supports - I don't mind to take my time, which is why my vote goes to Nino!

BUT, this pic is absolutely legendary and proves the awesomeness of Pent! and Louise I guess...

post-21185-0-96013800-1468764771_thumb.png

Is there any real tough decision to make? Pent all the way, A rank anima and staves make him godly, the only small problem with him is the A rank support with Louise if you don't intend to use her, but if you do, then Pent is the most obvious choice out of the three.

Plus I'm a bit biased since most of my Erks were average at best.

Edited by Glacoe

I'm saying Pent because with no investment at all he can already wield almost all the tomes of the game and all of the staves in the game. Plus, his stats are comparable and even slightly better to Erk on average.

Furthermore, he already has an A-support, and his wife is a pretty good unit. So he gets a shitton of avoid and added defense due to Ice affinity, from you just deploying him and his wife.

tl;dr Pent is broken

Edited by ~Summer~

Pent requires no training at all and is a really good unit at base, so i'd say he's the best out of the three. Nino isn't anywhere near those two's level. You need to train her, a level 1 mage up during the last 5 chapters of the game and then there's only a couple chapters left for her to be useful in, compared to Pent who starts off good and is good throughout the whole game after he joins in the midgame.

Yeah, I'm going with Pent. The other two can get potentially stat screwed in some key areas and Pent's already good no matter what. Case is closed on my vote.

Pent is just too OP. Others already made the point of Erk being on par with him, but effort is needed for that. (and its likely his staff rank will never be that good) Pent is just gr9 out of the box and needs no effort to keep going. Hes just that good.

Nino is just too much BS to use, despite being ok when used. Ive used Pent and Erk and had them support and double team things and thats pretty fun. I dont think Erk is garbage, and he gets Lyn mode use for getting that leg up when he comes back. I just find Pent a lot easier to deal with lmao

Pent requires no training at all and is a really good unit at base, so i'd say he's the best out of the three. Nino isn't anywhere near those two's level. You need to train her, a level 1 mage up during the last 5 chapters of the game and then there's only a couple chapters left for her to be useful in, compared to Pent who starts off good and is good throughout the whole game after he joins in the midgame.

I'm gonna nitpick here and point out that Nino starts at level 5, not level 1.

It's very clearly Pent, but I chose Erk. Erk actually does a decent-enough job on HHM up until Pent arrives, and he isn't as soft as Lucius. Thunder is a pretty good early-mid game tome and only weighs him down by 1. Pent is broken but Erk gets my vote.

It's very clearly Pent, but I chose Erk. Erk actually does a decent-enough job on HHM up until Pent arrives, and he isn't as soft as Lucius. Thunder is a pretty good early-mid game tome and only weighs him down by 1. Pent is broken but Erk gets my vote.

I'd say Thunder's a good tome even late in the game..

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia