Which Fire Emblem Game Would You Like Remade?

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which One?

• Dark Dragon and Sword of Light
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War Only
    • Thracia 776 Only
    • Genealogy/Thracia
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance Only
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • None
    • None, Focus on Making New Games
    • None, I Don't Trust IS

Note: I've put the Tellius games together in the same spot as Radiant Dawn is a direct squeal to Path of Radiance so I don't think it would make much sense to re-make Radiant Dawn without Path of Radiance. (I've given Path of Radiance it's own spot as I know Radiant Dawn is one of the more mixed FE games out there)

As for the Jugdral games, I know Thracia is a midqueal to Genealogy, but I don't know enough of these games to know if Thracia could work on it's own story-wise, so I've made multiple choices to be safe.

I know FE1 and FE3 have been re-made before, but considering how one is a few years old and the other is Japan-only, I decided to put them there anyway.

Personally, I would choose FE4. I haven't played it before but it's always struck me as quite unique. Plus I think it would be more of the more realistic choices for a remake since it's the original kids' mechanic.

Edited by CooledEvergreen

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Gaiden because of all of them it needs updating the most, but personally I don't want IS spending time on remakes, I would rather have something new instead.

Right now, I'm too worried that IS might completely screw up and ruin the story and characters by making everyone hail a Mary Sue avatar.

Gameplay could also be screwed up if they go beyond the small balance changes and implement/remove too many mechanics, which can ruin the experience.

Gaiden needs it the most, but at the same time I'm worried they'll change too much so none.

As soon as IS proves they can handle not including a spotlight stealing sue and poorly thought out children, any Japan only entry.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

TBH, none, because I don't want to see another remake go the way of Shadow Dragon (which honestly killed any hope I had for remakes, btw).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I've seen the idea of a FE6/FE7 combined remake thrown around, which could be kinda cool. Personally, if they're going to remake anything, I'd prefer they remake a game that we don't have a way of playing outside of roms. Since we've already had an Akaneian remake, I voted for FE4.

That said, I generally prefer new games over remakes anyway.

I voted Gaiden because of all of them it needs updating the most, but personally I don't want IS spending time on remakes, I would rather have something new instead.

Right now, I'm too worried that IS might completely screw up and ruin the story and characters by making everyone hail a Mary Sue avatar.

TBH, none, because I don't want to see another remake go the way of Shadow Dragon (which honestly killed any hope I had for remakes, btw).

none of them, just make a new game

I hear you all. I'll add a couple of "None" options since I bet there'll be a few more of these responses.

fates needs a remake honestly. JK honestly I always wanted like a telius collection with both por and RD in it so I know where my vote is going towards

(Aw darn it, I was thinking of making a topic for this too...DARN YOU PROCRASTINATION!!!......oh well, at least it was made at all. Anywho, to my actual opinion...)

If IS were to make remakes to ANY game, they shouldn't change ANYTHING......somewhat.

What I mean is that they may Awakenize /Fates it and change things. To that I say "NO"!

If they remake a game:

-Update the graphics(maybe keep aesthetics similar to the original...like keep FE7 colorful)

-Add causal mode for the newbies

-Maybe add 1 or 2 things that may be minor

Other than that, CHANGE NOTHING ELSE!

Keep that game's mechanics, supports, story, writing as a whole...INTACT and just like the original!

All they need to do is make those games more approachable and there you go! Everyone is happy( for the most part)!

I(and most FE veterans for that matter) love the older games for a reason!

Not to say Awakening or Fates sucks or anything because they are good & fun games(with some issues), but the older games, while not perfect either, I just prefer them more for many reasons.

While part of me fears what IS would do to a remake of an older game(that was released in the US), a big part of me wants to see them try! Once they do, I'll see how I feel about it and whether they should do it again or not.

As for which game...? Hhhmmm...I'll probably say FE7 seeing how it was the first game released worldwide and it deserves some more attention then some games. But hey, that's just me...

(Also, make the Avatar, Mark, in that game have more presence...and personality...and NOT have supports with EVERYONE! Please and thank you! ;3 )

(Edit: Would love remakes for the Tellius games too for many reasons......but partly for my wallet's sake...)

Edited by Busterman64

If IntSys could actually be trusted to not mess it up by adding in unnecessary elements and making unneeded changes, I'd like to see a combined remake of Blazing Sword and Binding Blade that better integrates Blazing Sword into Binding Blade's plot.

I like Shadow Dragon and Heroes of Light and Shadow, but they are remakes that are not handled well. Especially Heroes of Light and Shadow.

Shadow dragon is definitely a step up from FE 1 and doesn't cut maps like FE 3. So I can appreciate it for what it is, the unforgivable thing about it is the Gaiden chapter requirements. But overall, it feels like a step down from both Tellius and GBA in terms of gameplay.

Heroes of Light and Shadow, on the other hand, fixed a few of Shadow Dragon's issues, but it caused other issues in the process. For example, it introduced the avatar. A design choice I am not a fan of, their mere existence is a retcon of FE 3 book 2. It doesn't help that Kris is boring. It added the Assassin Subplot, and while it isn't bad, it really breaks the flow out of the game. And then they decided to bring back almost every character from Shadow Dragon, FE 3 book 2, the BS games, and added a couple of new characters to that. I hate having oversaturation of characters, and I hate having a mostly returning cast (considering all but 3 characters returned).

Basically, I'm worried how IntSys would handle it

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

I picked FE4 because I feel like the newer audience should get a taste of the old days. However, I don't want them to change a lot except turn the lover points into support convos, add casual mode(fallen units just return to the nearest captured castle), rescuing and trading, infinite weapon use, and smaller maps.

Maybe Geneology because I'll probably never play it otherwise. I wouldn't mind an Elibe reboot either, with updated visuals and some game mechanics from more modern titles like branching promotions and Attack/Guard stance.

That said, I don't trust IS not to cock everything up with Avatars.

are you people going to give actual reasons and not just "avatars are bad!"

Literally any character that's good at anything is called a Mary Sue. Rachel Berry of all characters is a Mary Sue apparently. This term has an almost subzero amount of meaning, and I believe people use it in lieu of an actual argument.

"They're good at things and they eat up the spotlight." Yes, that's called being a protagonist in something that isn't an epic or a tragedy. Protagonists aren't meant to repeatedly fail unless that's the entire set up. If Glee wasted many, many episodes on Rachel and Kurt "accurately" failing, then the pacing would be ruined.

If IS were to make remakes to ANY game, they shouldn't change ANYTHING......somewhat.

What I mean is that they may Awakenize /Fates it and change things. To that I say "NO"!

If they remake a game:

-Update the graphics(maybe keep aesthetics similar to the original...like keep FE7 colorful)

-Add causal mode for the newbies

-Maybe add 1 or 2 things that may be minor

Other than that, CHANGE NOTHING ELSE!

Uhh... isn't the point of a remake to breath new life into an old game? I mean if you're gonna just tweak things why bother with anything more than an HD remaster? I get that some fans are really protective of their favorites getting remade, but even if the remake doesn't turn out good the original still exists so it's no real harm done. Just let them experiment.

I personally say work on new projects (though if I must choose I'll take any of the JP exclusives so it doesn't feel like a remake to me), but all in all remakes should try to innovate. Not regurgitate.

Maybe Sword of Seals. Definitely not Binding Blade though.

...You do realize those are literally alternate translations for the same game's title, right?

are you people going to give actual reasons and not just "avatars are bad!"

Literally any character that's good at anything is called a Mary Sue. Rachel Berry of all characters is a Mary Sue apparently. This term has an almost subzero amount of meaning, and I believe people use it in lieu of an actual argument.

"They're good at things and they eat up the spotlight." Yes, that's called being a protagonist in something that isn't an epic or a tragedy. Protagonists aren't meant to repeatedly fail unless that's the entire set up. If Glee wasted many, many episodes on Rachel and Kurt "accurately" failing, then the pacing would be ruined.

Nobody is perfect or loved by everybody. Corrin was so poorly done because literally everyone worshipped them for no reason whatsoever, they made stupid decisions and never showed any signs of improving, which is such poor writing that it literally made me want to punch them through the screen.

A character can be good at something and not be a Sue, it's that no one is good at everything, no one is universally loved.

No idea who Rachel Berry is so can't really judge that.

Eating up the spotlight in a new game is one thing. In a remake is another matter entirely, because that's taking light off an already established protagonist and their deeds in favor of unnecessary worshipping.

Avatars in and of themselves aren't my fear. It's how IS has been handling them lately that makes me worry. If it was a character with no real bearing on the plot, just another unit in the army who just happens to be customized, I wouldn't be annoyed. I was actually interested way back before New Mystery launched about the concept of a custom unit. They're just so poorly handled writing wise that at the moment I don't trust IS with them anymore.

Not to mention other fears regarding mechanical changes. It's okay to add small things like the Weapon Triangle and re-balance growths and bases. However, there's a fine line between not doing enough and doing too much. Shadow Dragon, for example, was in the not enough category (no support conversations to flesh out the flat cast of the game), while New Mystery went too far by drawing focus off Marth and onto Kris. You want to both preserve the original flavor and feel fresh, and I don't trust IS to do that.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Honestly, while I'm not a fan of how IS has done avatars, I don't think any of the games have good enough plots for adding a Mary sue avatar to be a major drawback. I'm more interested in the gameplay, and I definitely like the direction FE has been going gameplay wise as of late.

I voted of course that I don't trust IS. Fire Emblem is my favourite media franchise and Awakening is the most disgusting piece of media that I've ever consumed, among other unflattering superlatives that I would use to describe that game. So experiencing the Awakening Edition of those games might just about break my heart. I hate to imagine my favourite characters being degraded like Marth was in FE12, just for the sake of shameless ass-kissing. And who knows what else they would do to those characters. It was easy to enough to ignore in the last two games since it's an all new cast so I don't actually need to care what IS does to them. But it utterly sickens me to imagine characters like Mist in My Room or whatever.

Now with that out of the way and assuming that IS would be capable of producing a Fire Emblem game that isn't unintentionally disturbing, I would say Sacred Stones.

As far as I am concerned Sacred Stones has the best executed drama in the series but I feel that the map design often doesn't do the scenarios justice. Now obvisiously Sacred Stones is considered a relatively easy game but I would say that the issue goes a bit beyond that. Like in chapter 15 we face two generals at once so I was expecting to face an overwhelming force. But it's just a pretty generic map. It's particular unfortunate that Valter spends the entire chapter just sitting on a fortress. This not only makes him loose any sense of threat and turns his death into a massive anticlimax but it's also feels very uncharacteristic for someone who has been build up for the entire game as a bloodthirsty, yet cunning predator.

Gaiden would of course be another good example. I like most aspects of the game but the clunky NES-era interface and the forced random encounters really drag down the game, even more so considering that the game's battles are far slower paced then any other game in the series. But random battles are not a good fit for the series anyway, at least not unless they would temporarily deactivate perma death for the duration so you could approach those battles in a more relaxed fashion.

Edited by BrightBow