Is there a way to convince people to HATE something?

Alandrage

The real question is not if, but why you would even want to.

Like I hate Awakening but I'm not going to bother trying to drag others into it, that would be both petty and a massive waste of time. I'll explain why I don't like it, but I won't expect everyone to agree with me.

I mean, theoretically if you bring up logical faults and leave bias aside you could give people a reason to dislike something, just as people do with getting someone to like something. But trying to get someone to dislike something is kinda dickish imo.

Well, I use to like a character in FE 4 named Lewyn, but after reading Integrity's LP, I am having second thoughts on him...... But that is less so Integrity convincing me, and more so me coming to that conclusion after Integrity pointed out Lewyn's many flaws.

Like, I've seen tons of videos about convincing people stuff is good. Is there a way of doing the opposite of that without looking like a troll or a rage monster?

Yes. But in most instances, convincing someone something is bad requires them to acknowledge that other things are better than it, so the object in question only becomes worse through comparison.

Basic way of convincing someone to hate something:

-Give them a list of reasons why they should hate it.

-You made a topic asking for help convincing people of how to dislike something with no specifications as to what you were talking about (games, books, etc).

-I don't know who you are.

-You have like 10 posts or something.

-Your member title is member and you use the soldier member badge and your username is generic (BTW by this logic I hate Augestein too).

Sure there is. Though, often times, one way to get someone to hate something is by not trying to make them hate it.

Easier done than said, you understand.

Edited by Soledai

Sure there is. Though, often times, one way to get someone to hate something is by not trying to make them hate it.

Easier done than said, you understand.

this may sound vague, but its literally what you need to do.

you take a "neutral" stance on the matter, pointing out good and bad quality's, but you try to highlight the bad qualities a lot more then the positive ones.

its more effective then "Your dumb for liking this movie and here's 10 reasons why by the Nostalgia Critic"

Well, I use to like a character in FE 4 named Lewyn, but after reading Integrity's LP, I am having second thoughts on him...... But that is less so Integrity convincing me, and more so me coming to that conclusion after Integrity pointed out Lewyn's many flaws.

that's it, this is the answer to the question

be integrity

Edited by unique

Be fair and open minded with your own opinion (which presumably involves hating something) and they'll either come over to your way of thinking or broaden your horizons.

Win/win probably.

Basic way of convincing someone to hate something:

-Give them a list of reasons why they should hate it.

-You made a topic asking for help convincing people of how to dislike something with no specifications as to what you were talking about (games, books, etc).

-I don't know who you are.

-You have like 10 posts or something.

-Your member title is member and you use the soldier member badge and your username is generic (BTW by this logic I hate Augestein too).

What's the problem with being new?

Well, aside from thats kind of an appalling thing to do...? You know its probably better to just let people like what they want.

. . .yeah, let's just leave this topic at that.