• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong lord has to set the final blow.

unbalanced availibility of the characters

I agree in both

About Binding Blade.

I don't like how this game treats some units (specially Sophia), I also have problems with Arcadia and the Chapter Sacae!20 and 20x

Path of Radiance:

Sluggish map animations; lack of a challenging hard mode.

Binding Blade (they mostly tie in my personal ranking):

Gameplaywise, a very boring final chapter (Jahn's, not Idoun's). Storywise, invading Bern happens way to fast - it takes only two chapters (plus the gaiden).

Blazing Sword.

Lyn's relevance completely falling off after her mode.

Late game promotion for Lords and slow support building

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

I can't think of many things wrong with FE4. The only one that came to mind is how the maps make it a pain to get any units that are not mounted anywhere. Chapter 2 and Chapter 7 in particular are the worst offenders since the former demands that you backtrack then go to the other edge of the map and the latter has a desert + an extra castle at the middle.

FE5 is my favorite, but I can't shake the fact that the game feels unpolished. The fact that staffs are so broken feels that a lot of things weren't completely tested which results in lots of warpskipping in the second half of the game. And with the ranking system being focused on nothing but turn count and recruitable units, it's like the game doesn't even want you to play the maps the way they're "supposed" to be played.

Oh, and Chapter 24x. That shit can die in a fire.

FE5 is my favorite, but I can't shake the fact that the game feels unpolished. The fact that staffs are so broken feels that a lot of things weren't completely tested which results in lots of warpskipping in the second half of the game. And with the ranking system being focused on nothing but turn count and recruitable units, it's like the game doesn't even want you to play the maps the way they're "supposed" to be played.

Oh, and Chapter 24x. That shit can die in a fire.

I think the game is purporsly designed to be beated in the most LTC way possible xD

Dorias:

“We have three choices. One, we use our main forces to draw the enemy’s attention while a seperate squad attacks the fort. Two, we take our entire army and charge head-on, overwhelming the enemy by force.”

Leaf:

“And the third?”

Dorias:

“Surely you could figure it out if I’ve told you the first two. I shouldn’t need to tell you, should I?”

Edited by Troykv

What's that? A good desert chapter? We can't have that, now can we. LOOSE THE WYVERNS!

... And that's why I hate FE12 Chapter 11.

P.S. At least the annoying Warrior was replaced with Jake. Now if only Caeda could reach him...

In PoR, probably the over all dearth of supports and similarly the excess of more boring ones that could have either been better written or replaced by a more interesting set of characters.

Genealogy of the Holy War:

Enemies are generally too weak and plentiful. It would be a lot better if elite armies like the Cross Knights and Gelben Ritter are actually as strong as their in-universe characterizations suggest.

The arena is completely pointless in terms of plot value and is basically just free EXP.

Mounted units have too much movement compared to non-mounted units.

Fates:

Any chapter involving the ninja village, fuck enemy ninja's and reducing Kagero to a damsel in distress.

I'm not a fan of marrying the 2nd gen characters (I'm fine with it in Awakening with the exception of Lucina). But if you're playing as male Corrin you pretty much have to (or 1.5 gen) so you can have everyone.

Edited by I'm a Spheal

I like Radiant Dawn and Sacred Stones pretty much equally so...

Radiant Dawn: Lack of availability of a lot of characters. I would love to use Vika, Kieran, Astrid, among others, but it can be so difficult to train them, especially on Hard Mode.

Sacred Stones: Not much of a challenge.

Path of Radiance: The slow enemy phases, and the awkward animations (most notably the awkward Tellius death kneel that only got somewhat better in Radiant Dawn.). Also, Chapters 23 and 26.