The Golden Age. Act 1: Discoveries.

riariadne

Aaron was still fairly confused by all of these happenings, but they had to press on all the same. One of their swordsmen (which they seemed to have brought plenty of, strangely enough) had taken a hefty blow, and so he quickly placed himself in harm's way instead.

"Watch yourself." he warned, not taking his eyes away from the attackers. Not everybody here had the advantage of a suit of armour to help them take a beating.

Aaron to F13, rescue Itzal

Edited by SB.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kolmar shook his head as Itzal failed to dodge yet another clumsy axe swing. The idiot loudmouth with the gaudy weapon stepped in, but there was no way he'd be able to swing his weapon as long as the wounded swordsman was nearby. Rather than wait for any sort of answer, Kolmar shoved Itzal towards the forest. "You're only gonna get in the way if you stand over there," he growled.

Kolmar moves to F12, and "drops" Itzal onto E12

Edited by eggclipse

begins.

Moves:

Bandit B -> F11, smack Raz

Bandit A -> K11

Mercenary A -> J10

Archer B -> N13

Archer C -> K10

Archer D -> M12

Mage A -> K9

Mage B -> M13

Attacks:

Bandit B attacks (33, 25): hit, 18 damage.

Raz 13/31. Yikes.

EDIT: Raz quickswap counters because plan error (90, 34): 6 dmg

10 exp for her

That's it!

It is Turn 4.

begins.

ON06T3d.png

--

Spreadsheet.

Edited by Reinfleche

"O-Oof..." Raz tried to sidestep the swing to little avail, the axe coming sideways to hit her lower torso. "You tricky little..." She only had time to cast a blast of light at the bandit's face before the axe dislodged itself. Hrkr!

Raz took a step back and covered her wound. It was deep, but thankfully nothing was spilling out aside from blood, which was a positive? Can't let that hit me again... I thought I was tougher than that. Opting for light clothing and no armor aside from a simple half-breastplate wasn't the best for her durability, but Raz believed it was her quick thinking and mobility that would save her.

It just didn't help when an axe that could almost chop her in half struck true. Unfortunate.

Joviana watched as one of the bandits targeted the person beside her, clearly looking unprepared for the attack.Wincing as the axe dislodged itself from the young girl's torso, she thought to herself, Well this is very gruesome...but I guess it comes with the trade. I don't think I'll ever get used to this...

Turning to Raz, she said, "Hey, are you all right? Please stay with me, I'll back you up!"

With a snap of her fingers and a hand wave, she sent two blades of wind at the bandit, hopefully to hit his good arm.

Joviana moves to D11, casts gust on bandit B.

"Ah... I'm alright. My head isn't buzzing, so that's a good sign." Raz replied, slowly straightening her posture. It noticeably hurt to move her torso, so it was probably best to deal with it before she turned into a liability. "Y-yeah, I'll stay back for now." Facing another swing was not something Raz was looking forward to, so she took for the light cover of the bushes. Hopefully, she could get someone to treat that wound soon and jump back into action.

Raz to C-12;

Aria to B-12, heal Raz. Please!

Off to the side, one of the girls took an axe to the midsection. These guys are purposely ignoring me. Assholes. He placed himself a bit away from the group, spear butt to the ground. "DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO HIT A MAN?!" he yelled at the group in front of him. "OR ARE YOU GONNA CONTENT YOURSELVES TO PICKING ON WOMEN AND CHILDREN?"

Kolmar to D10, equips Javelin

Naylen didn't like the wall of enemies about to fall on them. Well, her if she stayed where she was. Although she didn't like the thought of stepping back when faced by people like this, it as better than flat out dying.

Naylen to F-15

She was still being left alone by the bandits; maybe they were afraid of her, like Haley seemed to be. That didn't matter. What did matter was Raz was being attacked, and heavily. Telmara's eyes narrowed. "How dare you..." attack the first human to give me a chance!? She hissed, sliding between her allies as they moved, opening up on the man with terrifying precision. "Get away from her...!" How am I supposed to become friends with these people if they die so easily!?

Telmara to E12, blast that bandit with gust. Bye bye.

With him out of the way, Telmara turned her narrow gaze at Raz. "Watch yourself better... Next time." She didn't quite know how to give better encouragement.

It seemed as though the general consensus was to retreat for the moment, and strike back when they had the better position. That was perfectly fine with Mikhaila, sticking around would just get her singled out and killed.

Mikhaila to E13, accidentally flex in Telmara's direction

Enemy phase begins.

"Ha! Gonna take more than that, pal! Some of the others might've been easily goaded, but not us," one of the mages boasted. "Let's move up a little. They don't wanna fight us as a full team!"

Moves:
i'm lazy and lots of them are samey soooooo just look at the map!

Attacks:

there are none! such patient bandits!

It is Turn 5.

begins.

rKAU68T.png

--

Spreadsheet.

Joviana, now in the woods, noticed some magical energies nearby, her greatforger reacting to it. Although the others probably wouldn't notice what she was holding, she bit her lip. I didn't ask for anyone's help, so why did those guys take me away from the enemy? They have some nerve! I'm not one to reveal secrets so soon, but...I guess if we're going to get swarmed, I'll have to use this. I hope no one notices...

Joviana moves to D15 and uses the Greatforger! The following occur:

1.The mountains on R18 are reduced to a plains tile.

2.A river flows through the K column, with a bridge at K20.

Kaya glanced over curiously as Joviana moved down closer to her. The enemy was approaching and she was... Something in her hand glowed slightly, a green color that evoked thoughts of a wild forest. Her attention was quickly drawn away as the land between the two approaching enemy groups shown a brilliant green that echoed the glow she had seen just now and a loud rumbling and tearing sound filled the air. When the light cleared, there was a swiftly flowing river cutting its way through the space that had just a few seconds ago been a peaceful plain. "Gre... Greatforger." There was no other explanation. This whole scene fit precisely the lore she had been taught about Vohl's gift. And that meant...

She whirled back around and pointed at Joviana. "You. It has to be. The rumors were true then. The Order always suspected that someone still had one of the Gifts tucked away, protected. You have Greatforger."

Weird wizards, magical glowing tatoos and now flash flooding.

"What the hell is this?" Aaron muttered to himself. He supposed that they had an opening now after all of the madness, so he hurried forwards all the same, still baffled by just about everything.

Aaron to F12

Eh? What's this? It was as if a god had willed their battlefield to shift. A long stream of water had formed itself into the ground between their enemies, the earth sinking to give way to a river. Far in the distance, it seemed that a hill was crumbling --but you'd expect it to be much noisier than that. It simply... returned to the land, as if carefully molded by some higher being at work. Is that... Greatforger?

Wait, wait. Could that have been Kaya...? There wasn't much time to wonder, even if Raz really wanted to put a stop to the fighting now. Casting a glance past the priestess, Raz made a dash for the group of enemies still nearby. They might be confused, but I doubt they'll drop their weapons...

Raz to F11, fire an arrow at Merc A.

Joviana turned towards Kaya and looked at her like a timid rabbit. Her secret was discovered so easily, by this young priestess. If she knows about the greatforger...then what about the others? I...I can't keep running for my life forever just because I possess a gift!

"You...h-how do you know about the Order? My grandparents told me stories about the Order, but never did I think that another person would bring them up as something to talk about." she paused, shook her head, and continued, "That's not the point, damn. Look, keep it down! I don't want anyone else to listen to what we're talking about, be it friend or foe. If you know so much, then you should definitely know that with power comes responsibility."

Kaya raised an eyebrow and raised an arm and very obviously inspected it, flipping it around so the dragon with the gift in its mouth shimmered in Jovi's view. "Hmm, I wonder how I know about the Order... Like I said earlier to Telmara, I've got plenty to tell all of you, but the quick summary is that I'm a part of the Order. And even if I didn't, anyone that knows any of the lore about Greatforger could make a guess as to what just happened. You made a river appear out of nowhere. I understand the need to hide from some people, but at some point you're going to need to trust those around you. For now though, just keep fighting."