Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

Wait a minute, you can't get Glaceon until Victory Road?

Is that what I'm understanding?

/me cries.

I wanted to be able to use it ingame... once...

Edit:

Oh that's more tolerable.

This was my thought.

But we all know GF hates Ice types and never makes them early mons.

...except for Delibird this time

Edit: Shiiiiiiiit, I read the sheet wrong. Went CTRL+F for Sandshrew and didn't realize I was on Tapu Village, not Mt Lakalila or w/e.

So Glaceon is like end of the game again...

GAMEFREAK WHY!?!?!?!

Edited by Ema Skye

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Poni Grove postgame then?

Looks like I have a ways to go before I can get my Exeggcute...

Alolan forme only run is going to suck...

By the looks of it.

Exeggcute can be obtained from Poni Wilds and Exeggutor Island, and they both seem to be main game.

By the looks of it.

Exeggcute can be obtained from Poni Wilds and Exeggutor Island, and they both seem to be main game.

This game in general has some weird Pokemon availability.

Like Bagon before the first gym and Emolga is one of the last you get.

Then again, Spinda was only on the last route in Kalos so I guess this isn't anything new.

Edited by Ema Skye

It's almost impossible to catch Salamence that early though. You need to find Bagon first, then chain them for very long because the chance that Salamence will appear seems to be very low. An earlygame team should find it impossible to actually catch one.

You can literally get Salamence before the first gym

Balanced game design 101

Is it at least hard to do so though? For example do you have to go through a chain of like 20-30 pokes simply to get a salamence to appear, cause if you do then that sounds pretty hard to do... I mean beating that many pokemon and then trying to catch a salamence... is it really worth the trouble? Edit: according to the user above it is hard so, I mean, technically possible, but good luck wasting hours on it. Unless you get reaaaaaaally lucky i guess.

I mean salamence has a catch rate of 45...

you only have pokeballs (I assume so anyway)

and salamence probably has the ability to rip any pokemon you do have to shreds...

Not to mention, non of the starters have status moves early on... so it makes that 45 even worse.

I mean sure its op but it not only ruins the fun of the game to just steam roll through battles (at least for me), it sounds like a pain to actually catch... Might be easier if salamence can appear right of the bat (i.e be the first sos poke but even then...).

Edited by SlayerX

Salamence is powerful indeed, but seems to have Bagon's 4 moves (Leer / Rage / Ember / Bite) as opposed to its own moves. You should have 5 Great Balls very early into the game, but it's survival that's going to be difficult. Even the Bagons hit really hard and you can expect to go through dozens of them for Mence to pop up, if it does that at all.

An even weirder thing about da Mence is that if you take it to move relearner, you will be able to tutor it EVERY level-up move it has (Crunch, Zen Headbutt, Double-Edge and all others), even though it's only lv. 9-12.

looking at pokemon pool, THE plan to catch Mence would be something like Pikachu Para through T Wave into Rogenrolla tanking

I guess its.... something to do for fun. This isn't going to be one of those completely masochistic quest like capturing female Multiscale Dragonite in BW2 at least

Seriousyly that shit literally have 0.006% chance

Edited by JSND

So Glaceon is like end of the game again...

GAMEFREAK WHY!?!?!?!

Guh... Seriously, why can't I EVER be able to get use out of my favorite in ANYTHING

EVER

tfw Gamefreak can't properly balance your favorite for literally anything.

looking at pokemon pool, THE plan to catch Mence would be something like Pikachu Para through T Wave into Rogenrolla tanking

I guess its.... something to do for fun. This isn't going to be one of those completely masochistic quest like capturing female Multiscale Dragonite in BW2 at least

Seriousyly that shit literally have 0.006% chance

I feel like I want to try to achieve it for great justice. Catching Salamence is the easiest part, I imagine, but chaining all those Bagons to get there is the hardest. I dunno about Rogenrolla, but Flash Fire Growlithe could be good, since you cut the number of moves Bagon can use to damage you to just two. The one Bagon who you keep alive needs to be Charmed/Growled/Intimidated and Sand-Attacked to hell and back too (statusing it disables the SOS battling).

I also imagine I'd rather not do it until False Swipe is available. That, and have some 30 or so PokeBalls ready in case the 5 Great Balls you get in-town all fail.

Something to keep in mind though... I chained Bagons a total of three times on my completed gamefile. First time around, Bagon ran out of PP for all of Ember/Leer/Bite/Rage (quite impressive really) and died to its own Struggle. Obviously, you can kill off that Bagon and start chaining the next one that is summoned instead. Second time, I summoned Salamence after like 40 minutes of chaining and caught it with my first Ultra Ball (para'd and FS'd). Third time around, I chained for 30 minutes until I got a Shiny Bagon - caught it instead of waiting for Mence. It also took considerable time to get that 1% Bagon encounter each time (from 30 mins to 2+ hours).

So, on one of these in-game tier things we like to discuss, I imagine Mence would be pretty low due to how difficult it is to catch it reliably, not to mention time-consuming. It's also not as hot for in-game as you might think. High bases and, like, Brick Break and Bite keep it more than competent in the earlygame, but it doesn't get any good STAB until the Fly TM on the third island.

If you simply want a Salamence postgame without headache, you're better off just catching a Bagon / Shelgon on the island east of Route 3 where they both have a 10% encounter rate.

Meh, Excadrill was better than Mag in BW2. Better coverage and sweeping capability while having more or less the same type matchups.

Who is Crabro, S/M's new Crabrawler? He sucks in-game with no way to evolve until just before the Elite Four.

IIRC Mag was the absolute top of BW2 Tier alongside Darma and friends? idk its been a while

Ok maybe the list was biased for Mag because of the Coil Meme

Crabrawler is ones i heard from smogon/gamefaqs stuff. Early Brick Break, and stuff but after looking at its stats and the context of SM, i see the point

Yeah, Mag is great (in BW2 and pretty much in all subsequent Pokemon generations; not sure about gen 4 right now), but imho not as good as Excadrill. Alolan Diglett functions in a similar way to Excadrill if you're into that stuff.

Yeah, Crabrawler is sweet when you get it and should be all right in the E4 (though with a weakness to fighting, flying and not being able to hit ghosts with its fighting STABS...) but it'll be awful for a large portion of the game. Vikavolt is a good deal more tolerable as you wait for the final evo with its 2nd form usable even if not fantastic.

Mossy Rock is in Lush Jungle, which is the last trial on the 2nd island.

Lurantis's bases: 70/105/90/80/90/45

I see. Isn't Eevee also located on the second island too?

(Lurantis' bases make me happy)I should have asked in my first post, but what are Tsareena and Shiinotic's base stats? And are Alola Exeggutor's base stats just rearranged from Vanilla Exeggutor's?

https://paste.ee/r/zYMUr

I'll just leave this here so that you can look up all the information yourself.

Alolan forme stats are mostly the same as the original ones (except Geodude and evos, Grimer and Muk, and Marowak who are literally the same), usually with 10 subtracted from one base stat and added to another (like Alolan Dugtrio losing 10 spd and gaining 10 def). Most of these re-arrangements aren't beneficial at all... except for A-Sandslash I guess.

Eevee has a 5% encounter rate on Route 4, which is the second island (circa levels 11-14). If you chain Eevee with an adrenaline orb, you can catch wild Espeon and Umbreon this way. The odds appear to be pretty good.