Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspected that of Gen 6 because they had to make 3D sprites for EVERY Pokemon, new and old. I feel like it's less justified in Gen 7 however.

I don't think making literally just a 3D toucan or giving the pre-existing Persian model a Meowth head counts as putting more effort into it.

I do agree with the general idea, and maybe I can pass it just for the fact that they had to make such an intensive new overworld since it's off the grid system, but still.

Well, as TrueEm pointed out they did redo the overworld, graphically overhauling it and getting rid of the grid-based system. The first three gens were pretty straightforward 2D while the DS games were a mixture of 2D and 3D.

And I'm pretty sure planning Pikipek's evolutionary line, doing the artwork for it, modeling it, and verifying the "literal toucan" took much more work than in past games.

We can kinda see a pattern emerge: there were 132 new 'mons in Gen III but 107 new 'mons in Gen IV. Gen V had 151 new pokemon with a lot of effort put in, but (not knocking it- it's my favorite generation) it reused a lot of base pokemon concepts. X and Y introduced 72 new pokemon and 20 mega evolutions, while Gen VII introduced 82 new Pokemon (I'm still bothered by including UBs in that count) and 18 Alolan Forms. Megas and Alolan forms, to me, are basically them deciding quantity over quality- they can make something "new" while already having a clear base to work off of, rather than something completely new. I'll be upfront and say I'd rather have 8 or 9 new Pokemon rather than 18 altered old Pokemon, but that's the way they did things.

Meanwhile I'm just wondering how woodpeckers become toucans.

Eh, I guess it makes more sense than a fish becoming an octopus, but still what.

How do starlings become goshawks?

It shouldn't be so surprising.

Okay, been snooping around reddit and gamefaqs (and crinigng at the latter) like usual, and we have all the individual island dexes now!

MeleMele: http://pastebin.com/DRd8c2mm

Akala: http://pastebin.com/a3waCTnC

Island 3: http://pastebin.com/3e2WyFHw

Island 4: http://pastebin.com/4SsZyEMt

Island pokedexes share pokemon. Yeah for doing biodiversity and seemingly everything else better than X and Y!

Crabrawler and Sea Urchin are both on the first island. Unsurprisingly, Tapu Koko is the last one in the MeleMele dex.

Water Strider Spider is available on Akala, as is are Salandit, Bounsweet, Wimpod, and the exclusive monkeys. Psychic Koko is the final one in the 'dex.

There's nothing really new on Island 3; predictably, Fire Koko is the last mon in its' pokedex.

Sea Anchor and Jangmo-o are available on Island 4. Also no points for guessing that Ghost Koko rounds things out.

I posted this on the other thread, but is anyone else suprised at how many Ghost types are available so early in the game? I really didn't see it coming.

considering these are the exact same ghost types they've forced on us since diamond and pearl, not surprised

so sick of all three of them, where are Pumpkaboo and Litwick

I posted this on the other thread, but is anyone else suprised at how many Ghost types are available so early in the game? I really didn't see it coming.

Probably trying to flesh out the variety of pokemon that come out at nighttime.

Also, Type Null and Sivally aren't in the pokedex at all- implying that they'll be acquired post-game.

Even so, so many Ghosts early is rather suprising.

Also, Type Null and Sivally aren't in the pokedex at all- implying that they'll be acquired post-game.

Makes sense when you think about it.

Type:Null seems to be a one-of-a-kind Pokemon, and it has a close connection to Gladion.

Maybe Gladion will give his Type:Null/Sivally in the post game?

Also, let's try to guess the version exclusives. Version exclusives are always placed side by side in the Pokedex list, and this type the Moon-exclusive Pokemon seems to be listed before the Sun-exclusive Pokemon, since Oranguru is listed before Passimian.

Let's see...the Lurantis family might be Moon exclusive while the Morelull might Sun exclusive.

the babbys and the two version mascots aren't here either, but they're obviously obtainable. obviously, they'll just be in the main pokedex, since alola's combined pokedex is it's own thing

obviously it won't be on an island dex, it's only on aether island

people need to pay attention

edit: lurantis has solar based moves and morelull is a noctiluminescent mushroom, why would they be in moon and sun respectively and not the other way around

Edited by Cykes-dono

So Tigreatest, Plasmus, and Kiwa Hirsuta for the first island, Budweiser and Scuttlebug for the second island, and Jararangmo-o all the way on the fourth. Neat. At least I get to mess around with a couple different things before the end.

Edited by Konnor97

Type:Null seems to be a one-of-a-kind Pokemon, and it has a close connection to Gladion.

Also, let's try to guess the version exclusives. Version exclusives are always placed side by side in the Pokedex list, and this type the Moon-exclusive Pokemon seems to be listed before the Sun-exclusive Pokemon, since Oranguru is listed before Passimian.

Let's see...the Lurantis family might be Moon exclusive while the Morelull might Sun exclusive.

The only two pokemon that aren't confirmed to be exclusives that I think could be are Turtonator and Drampa- I'm seeing reports of the former being featured on the back of Sun's box art and the latter on the back of Moon's.

And remember: the order in the files isn't necessarily the exact order in the pokedex.

I think it may be worth pointing out, but Rufflet/Braviary comes before Vullaby/Mandibuzz while Cottonee/Whimsicott comes before Petilil/Lilligant, even though in the first case the first listed was White exclusive originally and the latter the first was originally a Black-exclusive. There's probably other examples, but this was the first I thought of.

So ordering of version exclusives isn't concretely [this version] then [that version]

Yeah, I think I made a mistake in the Pokedex order thing, let me try again, my guesses are:

Sun Exclusive:

Lurantis family

Rufflet family

Petilil family

Ledyba family

Trapinch family

Moon Exclusive:

Morelull family

Vullaby family

Cottonee family

Spinarak family

Gible family

What do you guys think?

Random stupid gamefaqs quote that's cracking me up:
"I think if you enjoyed seeing new pokemon and stuff,pokemon ins't for you anymore,i think i have to accept the fact and move on after playing SM"

Yeah, I think I made a mistake in the Pokedex order thing, let me try again, my guesses are:
Sun Exclusive:
Lurantis family
Rufflet family
Petilil family
Ledyba family
Trapinch family

Moon Exclusive:
Morelull family
Vullaby family
Cottonee family
Spinarak family
Gible family

What do you guys think?

I don't think Lurantis and Morelull are version exclusives. And I don't think exclusives have ever switched "versions" so to speak over generations (Ho-oh was in OR, Lugia was in AS), so I don't see any of the Gen V Pokemon being exclusives (or at least not "reversed" like that).

"I think if you enjoyed seeing new pokemon and stuff,pokemon ins't for you anymore,i think i have to accept the fact and move on after playing SM"

I don't think Lurantis and Morelull are version exclusives. And I don't think exclusives have ever switched "versions" so to speak over generations (Ho-oh was in OR, Lugia was in AS), so I don't see any of the Gen V Pokemon being exclusives (or at least not "reversed" like that).

The reason why I think Lurantis and Morelull are going to be version exclusie is becuase they are both family with Pokemon that only evolves once, the families are side-by-side in the Pokedex, they are both Grass types and are likely to be in the same are. I could be wrong though.

Also, Lurantis could be a Totem Pokemon in Sun, while Morellul's evolution is the Totem Pokemon in Moon. Lurantis at least, is confirmed to be a Totem Pokemon.

And I didn't get the second part of your post. What did you mean by version exclusives switching versions?

The reason why I think Lurantis and Morelull are going to be version exclusie is becuase they are both family with Pokemon that only evolves once, the families are side-by-side in the Pokedex, they are both Grass types and are likely to be in the same are. I could be wrong though.

Also, Lurantis could be a Totem Pokemon in Sun, while Morellul's evolution is the Totem Pokemon in Moon. Lurantis at least, is confirmed to be a Totem Pokemon.

And I didn't get the second part of your post. What did you mean by version exclusives switching versions?

Ho-oh was the mascot of the version that got billed first, so it reappeared in Omega Ruby- which got billed first. Same deal with Lugia and the version that got billed last.

You have Black exclusives in Moon and White exclusives in Sun, when I think it would probably be the other way around.

Well, Teddiursa and Phanpy sorta-kinda did. In the Japanese and Korean versions of Gold and Silver, Phanpy was in Gold and Teddiursa was in Silver, but in international versions they were switched. This was corrected in HGSS.

I don't know about that because there aren't any blanks after Toad/Morelull2. There's ones after Alolan Raticate, Gumshoos, and Lurantis, confirmed Totem pokemon.

As for my input, for some reason I have a gut feeling that Tentacool is exclusive to Moon and Finneon is exclusive to Sun.

The only totems will be Gumshoos, Raticate, Lurantis, Vikavolt, Salandita, Mimikyu, Kommo-o, and maybe Zygarde, though the empty slots could refer to Zygarde Cell and Core instead of a Totem.

Don't get your hopes up for any more.

This is also why I doubt Lurantis will be version exclusive in the first place. Unless Salandit is its counterpart of course.

The only totems will be Gumshoos, Raticate, Lurantis, Vikavolt, Salandita, Mimikyu, Kommo-o, and maybe Zygarde, though the empty slots could refer to Zygarde Cell and Core instead of a Totem.

This is also why I doubt Lurantis will be version exclusive in the first place. Unless Salandit is its counterpart of course.

Zygarde Cell and Core are apparently key items going by this video.

I personally think that the blank spots are Zygarde 10% with different colored gems in the 'collar'. Like there's the main one with a red gem and its shiny with a red gem, and maybe's there's two more with say blue and yellow gems with their shiny versions.

It's possible it may be a totem, though it's weird that there's four blank spots after Zygarde 10% unlike the two for other pokemon, except for Mimikyu, but it has a good reason. They could do something interesting with there being say a main totem Zygarde 10% and it summons other Zygarde 10% that are different from the others. So the sprites would go: Zygarde 10%, Shiny Zygarde 10%, Totem Zygarde 10%, Shiny Totem Zygarde 10%, Reinforcement Zygarde 10%, Shiny Reinforcement Zygarde 10%

You forgot that Wishiwashi has already been confirmed to be Totem, and it was said there is a Totem Pokemon for each Trial Captain. So, it's likely that there will be others too.

I don't know about that because there aren't any blanks after Toad/Morelull2. There's ones after Alolan Raticate, Gumshoos, and Lurantis, confirmed Totem pokemon.

Now that I think about it, is there any blank after Wishiwashi? It's odd because Wishiwashi has been pretty much confirmed to be a Totem Pokemon.

Another weird is the lack of a Ground type Totem Pokemon, which is weird because in the Demo trailer there is a girl that appears to be a Trial Captain who is accompanied by a Mudsdale.

This is actually really weird.

Edited by Water Mage

Ho-oh was the mascot of the version that got billed first, so it reappeared in Omega Ruby- which got billed first. Same deal with Lugia and the version that got billed last.

You have Black exclusives in Moon and White exclusives in Sun, when I think it would probably be the other way around.

Palkia is OR exclusive and Dialga is AS exclusive

Reshiram and Zekrom switched which version they were locked to within a generation

Kyogre was HG and Groudon was SS.