Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

Palkia is OR exclusive and Dialga is AS exclusiveReshiram and Zekrom switched which version they were locked to within a generationKyogre was HG and Groudon was SS.

Good point, forgot about those.

Speaking of version exclusive, I wonder about Drifloon and Misdreavus. In the japanese trailer that talked about the time differences, Drifloon appeared in Sun while Misdreavus appeared in Moon. However it's also worth noting that when Drifloon appeared, it was daytime, and while when Misdreavus appeared, it was nighttime. Could it be that Misdreavus is nocturnal while Drifloon is diurnal? It would make sense for Drifloon to be diurnal as it usually appear in bright places, unlike most Ghost type Pokemon.

Then again, in the Gen 2 games Ledyba was exclusive to Silver and diurnal while Spinarak was exclusive to Gold amd nocturnal, so it could be the same for Drifloon and Misdreavus.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palkia is OR exclusive and Dialga is AS exclusive

Reshiram and Zekrom switched which version they were locked to within a generation

Kyogre was HG and Groudon was SS.

Huh. I didn't know that.

You forgot that Wishiwashi has already been confirmed to be Totem, and it was said there is a Totem Pokemon for each Trial Captain. So, it's likely that there will be others too.

Now that I think about it, is there any blank after Wishiwashi? It's odd because Wishiwashi has been pretty much confirmed to be a Totem Pokemon.

Another weird is the lack of a Ground type Totem Pokemon, which is weird because in the Demo trailer there is a girl that appears to be a Trial Captain who is accompanied by a Mudsdale.

This is actually really weird.

It's not weird.

That Wishiwashi lacked a Totem aura, and it might just be a Wishiwashi locked into school form instead of an actual totem.

That girl isn't a Trial captain. She has to be a Kahuna considering she lacks the necklace that the other six have.

Judging by the types, it goes

Ilima - Gumshoos/Raticate

Sophocles - Vikavolt

Mallow - Lurantis

Kiawe - Salandette

Bonny de Famme - Mimikyu

Lana - non-Totem Wishiwashi

??? - Kommo-o

Considering that there is talk from a previewer who said that Work Up was now TM01, I wouldn't be surprised if they were right that there were seven captains and four Kahunas. Hala, Olivia, Ground Girl, and Flying Man are likely the four Kahunas, while those seven are the only Trial Captains. Which means that the types are Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Ghost, and either Dragon or Fighting.

Another laughably cringey Gamefaqs post in 3... 2... 1...:

"Pikipek's original final design was scrapped for whatever reason(signifying incompetence on gamefreak's part) and this was used as a last minute place holder. Whether that design was still a Toucan or just a Woodpecker? Only gamefreak knows but if it turned out this was actually fully intentional for whatever terrible reason they could come up with, whoever was stupid enough to pass Toucan off as a design should either rethink their choices or be fired."

To think that site was my first exposure to web forums... .

I think we should note that the Wishiwashi was only seen outside battle and that's likely why it has no aura.

Very true.

But-but I like toucans...They're cool...

Still trying to decipher how woodpeckers become toucans, but still, I love toucans!

It's the logic jump that "the original evolution was scrapped" and that it's "incompetence".

I'm not a person for brand loyalty, but certain people just want to crap on Gamefreak. As soon as UBs were confirmed catchable, there were comments about them being there to "give fans a false sense of change".

It's kinda cringey that I'm seeing more people saying that Pokemon needs to change while talking about the generation that is making the most change. It's like they just want to either (a) crap on what's cool or (b) want a whole different game entirely.

It's not weird.

That girl isn't a Trial captain. She has to be a Kahuna considering she lacks the necklace that the other six have.

I did notice her lack of necklace, but something struck me as weird. In Olivia's bio, it mentions how she is rather young for a Kahuna, which implies that she might be the youngest one. Isn't it strange for them to say that Olivia is young for a Kahuna when there's a much younger one?

Also, not all Trial Captains wears their "badge"(for a lack of a better word) as a necklace. Sophocles, Lana and Mallow wear theirs on their belt, Ilima on his hair and the Ghost captain seems to wear it as a bracelet. The girl that may be the Ground captain might wear hers on her boots.

Granted, the girl could be just a important or even random NPC for all I know.

Edited by Water Mage

I did notice her lack of necklace, but something struck me as weird. In Olivia's bio, it mentions how she is rather young for a Kahuna, which implies that she might be the youngest one. Isn't it strange for them to say that Olivia is young for a Kahuna when there's a much younger one?

Also, not all Trial Captains wears their "badge"(for a lack of a better word) as a necklace. Sophocles, Lana and Mallow wear theirs on their belt, Ilima on his hair and the Ghost captain seems to wear it as a bracelet. The girl that may be the Ground captain might wear hers on her boots.

Granted, the girl could be just a important or even random NPC for all I know.

She has the 'brows of an Alolan Geodude. I think not.

You forgot that Wishiwashi has already been confirmed to be Totem, and it was said there is a Totem Pokemon for each Trial Captain. So, it's likely that there will be others too.

Now that I think about it, is there any blank after Wishiwashi? It's odd because Wishiwashi has been pretty much confirmed to be a Totem Pokemon.

Another weird is the lack of a Ground type Totem Pokemon, which is weird because in the Demo trailer there is a girl that appears to be a Trial Captain who is accompanied by a Mudsdale.

This is actually really weird.

Just to confirm that there are no blank spots after Wishiwashi. It may be like how Cykes said and a permanent School Wishiwashi is the fight. It may also just be a cutscene with Wishiwashi coming out of the water to intimidate the player, and then the player needs to navigate around to get something the Wishiwashi is guarding without it noticing or something. I'm pretty sure it was confirmed somewhere that not all trials will necessarily be about battling.

What do you think will be revealed next Thursday?

I'm thinking some combination of our three water types (Water Strider Spider + Anchor + Sea Urchin) and Pikipek's evolutions.

Besides that, I'd expect a couple more NPCs and maybe one of the Tapu Quartet. And they could sneak in a tease for a couple new UBs. Honestly, there's a lot they could do- I'd rather they reveal a bit of everything rather than blowout on one specific part.

What do you think will be revealed next Thursday?

I'm thinking some combination of our three water types (Water Strider Spider + Anchor + Sea Urchin) and Pikipek's evolutions.

Besides that, I'd expect a couple more NPCs and maybe one of the Tapu Quartet. And they could sneak in a tease for a couple new UBs. Honestly, there's a lot they could do- I'd rather they reveal a bit of everything rather than blowout on one specific part.

Definitely a new Ultra Beast; we've gone a while without more info on them, and seeing how many there are, they can comfortably reveal one or two while still keeping a few as a surprise for players who haven't spoiled themselves.

Edited by Thane

But-but I like toucans...They're cool...Still trying to decipher how woodpeckers become toucans, but still, I love toucans!

Here's your answer:

From an evolution perspective, they're part of the same order (Piciformes), only branching off into their own families (Picidae for woodpeckers and Ramphastidae for Toucans) and lately DNA testing has shown they are related.

Kinda suprising, isn't it?

Here's your answer:

From an evolution perspective, they're part of the same order (Piciformes), only branching off into their own families (Picidae for woodpeckers and Ramphastidae for Toucans) and lately DNA testing has shown they are related.

Kinda suprising, isn't it?

Makes more sense than fish -> octopus, I suppose!

Makes more sense than fish -> octopus, I suppose!

From what I know I think it's like this:

Remoraid is a pistol and it "upgrades" (evolves) into a cannon, Octillery. It's even in Octillery's name meaning, which is a mix of the words Octopus and Artillery.

From what I know I think it's like this:

Remoraid is a pistol and it "upgrades" (evolves) into a cannon, Octillery. It's even in Octillery's name meaning, which is a mix of the words Octopus and Artillery.

It's still a fish and an octopus, :P:

I mean they could have both been fish.

Definitely a new Ultra Beast; we've gone a while without more info on them, and seeing how many there are, they can comfortably reveal one or two while still keeping a few as a surprise for players who haven't spoiled themselves.

If there are going to be two more version exclusive UBs, I'd think those are the two that would get teased.

If there are going to be two more version exclusive UBs, I'd think those are the two that would get teased.

Yeah, same here.

That'd also further my (unsubstantiated, improbable) theory that UB-01 is all Ultra Beasts, just in different forms.

Edited by Thane

I didn't had any Internet access for the whole week, and only saw the leak today. It was a long week.

Lots of really interresting designs for the Pokémon (never expected Crabrawler to evolves. Makes me wants it even more.)

About Alolan Dugtrio. This can't be a coincidence, right ?

The timing is just too perfect.

About the fesw number : My gut feeling is that they're waiting gen 10 to announce the 1000th Pokémon. So, this wasn't really unexpected (and all those designs are really fascinating, again. It just makes me even more curious)

About The UB being catchable. Well, there was already an eldritch abomination confirmed : Bewear Alolan Muk (AKA The 4th Cavalier of Apocalypse : Polution/Pestillence.). We don't have enough information yet to know if tis is a bad or good decision (That meas they can't be complete cheaters (like Infatuation on everyone), which is both good and bad.)

Remind me, we have every Pokemon's shiny model, correct? Or do we just have the pictures?

I'd kinda like access to the Sea Urchin's model for drawing purposes...

I LOVE MORELULL'S EVOLUTION

Litterally. My team would look like this now:

- Rowlet's final evo

- Lurantis

- Tsareena

- Morelull's evolution

- Alolan exeggutor

- Alolan Ninetales

I am very dissapointed with the lack of Ice type pokémon this generation. But I can't have 5 grass type and 1 ice type on my team. It gets absolutely ROASTED by Fire tpes

Remind me, we have every Pokemon's shiny model, correct? Or do we just have the pictures?

We only have the pokedex/team preview sprites. So you'll either have to guess or wait for a back angle shot. It's possible it will appear in the trailer in a couple days.

Only a picture.

670.png

Really, it shouldn't be that hard to guestimate the first stage.

672.png

The second stage is the one that's pretty complex.

I LOVE MORELULL'S EVOLUTION

Litterally. My team would look like this now:

- Rowlet's final evo

- Lurantis

- Tsareena

- Morelull's evolution

- Alolan exeggutor

- Alolan Ninetales

I am very dissapointed with the lack of Ice type pokémon this generation. But I can't have 5 grass type and 1 ice type on my team. It gets absolutely ROASTED by Fire tpes

Bruh