What game series have you been playing for the longest?

Luchi

Luigi started to increasingly became a sissy loser as well in the Wii/3DS games, well, it's "good riddance" to the franchise, period.

Luigi's been slowly losing out on the cowardice trait, which hit its peak in the GCN to early Wii era, not the Wii U and 3DS one, and only really shows when he fights ghosts and he seems totally willing to fight other things (except Waddle Dees. I guess).

Honestly, I don't see how exactly he's much of a "sissy loser" anymore.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Luigi's been slowly losing out on the cowardice trait, which hit its peak in the GCN to early Wii era, not the Wii U and 3DS one, and only really shows when he fights ghosts and he seems totally willing to fight other things (except Waddle Dees. I guess).

Honestly, I don't see how exactly he's much of a "sissy loser" anymore.

Well, if that's the case, then its too late to change my already low opinion of him. Besides, why on earth is he, of all people, being kidnaped in 3DS Land by enemies he has clearly fought before? It's pretty clear to me that he's become a sissy dago who deserves to get hanged along with Mussolini over at a certain square in Milan - or alternately be lynched by the post-2016 election rioting mob along with that stupid blonde bitch (Peach).

Edited by henrymidfields

Super Mario Bros and Sonic the Hedgehog. Been playing both since I was 3 years old, thanks to my Mom introducing me to games and such.

Contra & Ninja Gaiden are really close 2nds though.

Edited by Jedi

Mario for me, starting with Super Mario Bros. on the NES in the late 80s. SMB and Duck Hunt are the games I have the earliest memories of playing, and I still play Mario games recently as well.

Honorable mentions go to Pokémon and Fire Emblem since I've been playing them since they came to the west, so also pretty long gaming lifespans.

Well, if that's the case, then its too late to change my already low opinion of him. Besides, why on earth is he, of all people, being kidnaped in 3DS Land by enemies he has clearly fought before? It's pretty clear to me that he's become a sissy.

That I've got no answer on, since iirc that wasn't onscreen.

It's also worth noting both brothers aren't really strangers to being kidnapped victims in Wii U/3DS era in that case, since Mario got kidnapped by King Boo and put into a painting (again, you'd think he'd learn after it happened the first time...) in Dark Moon.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Pokemon. Started with Yellow, though certainly borrowed my brother's copy of Red before that.

Not a surprise sure. The only thing that might be argued as sooner is Spyro, and that's kinda long since drifted.

My really first gaming experience was Ginal Fantasy, but I kinda stopped for a while after FFVII, and I'm in a strange relationship with it (I'll support it on the backstage and always hope for the best at each release, but probably won't play a main game anymore.)

Golden Sun is sadly dead and buried, otherwise it would be my longest followed serie...

So, Pokémon. How original. I follow the serie from the start, and while I kinda lost interrest around DP, HGSS and Gen V totally restored my faith in the serie.

Special mention to FE. Started with FE7, but I have a huge gap of losing interrest between FE8 and FE13 (FE9/10 not on handled + FE11 low availability + general lack of motivation towards the serie.)

Another special mention to DQ. Since I played with an awfull DQVI Translation (all texts were wrongly assigned. So, a little girl would say an old guy's lines.) back in the day. And have been a fan ever since. Main problem was the lack of availability in the West for a while.

In 1986, i started playing Mario. The following year, Zelda. Ive been playing those series pretty much ever since. Zelda is the one i keep up on for the most part. Mario is either i get a latest installment or i dont.

Being a Sega kid, most of the series I started in the early 90s simply ended... so I guess it would be Pokémon.

Though I'm keeping an eye on the Wonder Boy remakes and spiritual sequels in the making, so maybe that could qualify.

Being a Sega kid, most of the series I started in the early 90s simply ended... so I guess it would be Pokémon.

This is essentially my exact answer.

But with Final Fantasy instead... though Shadowrun could be my longest... huh, now I'm not sure.