FE10 Tierlist 2017

Heather: She has weak strength and is fragile, but can be helpful if Sothe isn't around thanks to her stealing abilities, and she can promote before him since his promotion is forced and hers isn't. 4/10

Lucia: She's kind of the worst swordmaster in the game. Helpful when she first comes in, but is outclassed by other units later. 4/10

Lethe: She's outclassed by the awesome Ranulf, but is nice enough if you want a second cat (because sadly, her sister sucks). Laguz got nerfed a bit since PoR though, unfortunately. 5/10

Mordecai: Dude's pretty strong, and Smite is nice (even if I do think Ike should've had this skill as well instead of Shove, the dude's got big muscles too...). The laguz nerf still hurts him somewhat though. 7/10

Geoffrey: Poor Geoffrey. He actually has a sweet design this time around (thank you for making him ditch that ugly lime green armor, Senri Kita!), but still has shitty availability and mediocre stats. Good thing I prefer Kieran character-wise and stat-wise. Geoffster is still helpful in part 2 though, and he's kinda forced here anyway. 5/10

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather: Pretty bad as a combat unit, and in the maps she's available there's barely anything worth stealing. The only map with multiple chests is 4-4, but at that point it's just better to deploy a magic unit with the Unlock staff. She's also completely pointless in Endgame when Sothe is forced, and even Volke is available as a better choice. 3.5/10

Lucia: Useful for the one map she's in Part 2 but outclassed by multiple sword users by the time you get her back in Part 4. Gets an extra point for innate Parity, which is useful against Endgame bosses. 5/10

Lethe: Damn, why they made Laguz so terrible in this game I don't know. They barely get experience and they get outclassed like, super fast due to all the royals. Unlike Volug in Part 1, she has no significant ways of contributing. 3/10.

Mordecai: I give him tons of credit for knowing how to slack off and how to dress cool, but geez, he really needs to work on how to keep a girlfriend. His skill of being awesome at video games adds quite a bit to his charact--

Hold on, wrong Mordecai.

Mordecai is just like Lethe except slower and stronger. Suffers of low experience gains and gets outclassed fast. Gets half a point better than Lethe because he can actually take a hit. 3.5/10

Geoffrey: Like Lucia, he briefly contributes in Part 2 plus one map in Part 3 and goes MIA until late Part 4. Gets bonus points for Brave Lance and for being slightly more usable than his sister. 6/10

And that isn't a problem when laguz tend to not have much of an enemy phase? To put it into perspective, for most laguz, three combats and a turn take off 13 points from their gauge, but a cat loses 17 points - more than half their gauge - to the same (and they'd lose 13 gauge to only two enemies and a turn), and would need to grass up if they wanted to stay transformed. Anyways, if I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up about Ranulf...

Sure, but if you're proposing that after three combats and a turn, the cat grasses and the tiger/wolf/hawk attacks, then the other laguz is at 13 and the cat is at 30 going into the next phase, which pretty much guarantees that next turn the gauge gap will be ~15 and it will be the other laguz who needs to use grass. You can spin this however you want by trying to cherrypick examples but the facts are clear: an extra grass is needed every 15 combats+turns, no more and no less.

Ranulf is very obviously better than Mordecai (he doubles, Mordecai doesn't, and that more than makes up for the odd extra turn on grass given they have the same str).

Sure, but if you're proposing that after three combats and a turn, the cat grasses and the tiger/wolf/hawk attacks, then the other laguz is at 13 and the cat is at 30 going into the next phase, which pretty much guarantees that next turn the gauge gap will be ~15 and it will be the other laguz who needs to use grass. You can spin this however you want by trying to cherrypick examples but the facts are clear: an extra grass is needed every 15 combats+turns, no more and no less.

Ranulf is very obviously better than Mordecai (he doubles, Mordecai doesn't, and that more than makes up for the odd extra turn on grass given they have the same str).

Maybe, but there's no getting around the fact that cat gauge sucks worse than SSB64 Link's recovery.

I find Mordecai way more helpful in 2-2 than Lethe because he can be attacked by quite a lot of enemies since his gauge falls way slower. In each turn he just needs to use an olivi grass and he'll be fine.

Lethe might transform back after one single enemy phase (5-6 battles) already what can seriously happen in the very first turns in this chapter.

In 2-E isn't not so much a problem since she can be attacked by 1-2 enemies in an enemy phase, if you place correctly.

Also, I might overrated Heather a little bit.

Sure, her combat is bad, but her stealing ability is very welcome for some chapters.

If I want to buy the draco shield and secret book in 3-3 and 3-5, I need all the money I can get.

I guess a 6 would be more justified...

I think the worst part about managing cat gauge is that you really, really need to watch your enemy phase because of their poor durability compared to other laguz. If Mordecai runs out against a physical unit, he's still got more durability than a unit like Marcia or Lucia, aside from the fact he's probably getting doubled. At the very least he is not incapable of tanking through an enemy phase if his transformation runs out. Lethe is also getting doubled, but she also has 7 less defense and 7 less HP than Mordecai, so she's far less likely to survive bad positioning. Only Ranulf is really able to get through the shortcomings of being a cat, since his bases are really high, and for laguz bases are extremely meaningful due to their lower-than-average EXP gain.

Heather: Standard thief, except she doesn't really have a lot of chests to open and she needs to raise her strength to steal the really good stuff. She's not promotion locked either. While not essential like Sothe is, she can still drum up a lot of supplies/money for the Greil Mercs, so she's nice to bring along. She's a good candidate for Ilyana's Shade since she probably won't get one-rounded with her crazy speed.

Lucia: Is really good for one chapter in part 2 as a nearly untouchable dodge-tank with hyper offense. Then she vanishes for most of the game and doesn't see redeployment until part 4, with no improvement to her bases. Well, she's not completely abysmal when she returns but she's also not really good. Parity is a toggle now, so at least she isn't constantly disadvantaged like she was in PoR. Her base strength is particularly bad by the time she returns, which for a unit who revolves around offense, is not a good thing. She's not the most difficult unit to fix, but at the same time, she's not really worth the effort when she's gone for so long. Out of all the swordmasters, she requires the most babying, and that includes the fact that Edward starts out as a tier 1.

Lethe: Oh... Lethe... she was such a strong early game unit in PoR but here she's just... not good. She's OK in part 2, with decent durability and offense and great vision in the dark. In 2-E she can offer some OK offense though she can't hold the line like Mordecai and Brom can. She's got TERRIBLE bases for being level 21 though. Volug joined the DBs with similar bases to Lethe but he's 6 levels lower than her. She basically has a similar situation with Ilyana where she's OK for one part then gets tossed onto the GMs where her stats just aren't cutting it anymore VS the opposition. Except Lethe never has advantageous parts of the game ever again.

Mordecai: An extreme tank especially while he's transformed. He's nearly impossible to touch when it comes to physical attacks, even if he gets doubled by quite a lot of enemies. He's one of the few laguz who can really continue to function while untransformed, especially since he can still move people around with Smite. He did get nerfed a bit from PoR, but he's still solid. Essential to a slow play of 2-E to hold the frontlines along with Brom.

Geoffrey: Gets a little more use than Lucia but similarly is absent throughout so much of the game. You do at least get a few chances to shunt a few Paragon-boosted boss kills his way, though, making him less likely to be underleveled come part 4. If you do want to invest in Geoffrey, you'll want to do a slow play of 2-E instead of skipping through with Haar or Elincia on turn 1 or 2. He is a bit on the slow side though and leans on his brave lance to one-round some opponents, but he is extremely strong throughout part 2 and for his one reappearance in part 3. Sadly he comes back so late, instead of coming back in 3-11 like every other Crimean units.

I'm surprised that so many people have a much lower opinion of Geoffrey than the Black Knight, considering they have basically the same amount of availability (2 or 2.5 chapters each assuming Geoffrey doesn't go to Endgame) and serve the same purpose of being the best unit on their respective teams. Geoffrey may outclass the non-Kieran units on his team by a smaller margin than the Black Knight outclasses the non-Nailah units on his team, but he does have the advantages of being a Paladin instead of a General so it kinda balances out.

I dunno, it just seems that they should be a little closer to me.

I'm surprised that so many people have a much lower opinion of Geoffrey than the Black Knight, considering they have basically the same amount of availability (2 or 2.5 chapters each assuming Geoffrey doesn't go to Endgame) and serve the same purpose of being the best unit on their respective teams. Geoffrey may outclass the non-Kieran units on his team by a smaller margin than the Black Knight outclasses the non-Nailah units on his team, but he does have the advantages of being a Paladin instead of a General so it kinda balances out.

I dunno, it just seems that they should be a little closer to me.

A couple thoughts on that:

-Geoffrey doesn't just exist for chapters where he's good, but for chapters where he's not good (4-5, Endgame). Essentially people are giving Zelgius points for not being available in those later maps, compared to Tormod or Geoffrey. Whether you agree with that or not depends on your tiering philosophy. (I think it's correct.)

-Geoffrey doesn't outclass other members on his team by that much, generally. Marcia can fly. Danved has a critical 1 more point of speed and no weakness to 2-3's pesky Horseslayer. Kieran has similar stats in general outside accuracy (and thanks to weapon triangle concerns in modes that don't idiotically remove this fundamental mechanic even that gap mostly vanishes a lot of the time). In 3-9 I'd outright question if he's the best unit; depending on our goals Marcia's ability to fly up and save the upper houses may make her more essential.

If Mordecai runs out against a physical unit, he's still got more durability than a unit like Marcia or Lucia, aside from the fact he's probably getting doubled. At the very least he is not incapable of tanking through an enemy phase if his transformation runs out.

At 9 speed there's no "probably" about it (even unpromoted knights manage it), so Marcia/Lucia are definitely more durable than him at that point. Since he's already doubled we can essentially half his HP (although it's worse than this since it's harder to heal back):

untransformed Mordecai: 29 HP, 16 Def, 4 Res, 33 avo (+authority, etc., which is the same for everyone)

Lucia: 38 HP, 14 Def, 15 Res, 73 avo

Marcia: 34 HP, 16 Def, 15 Res, 52 avo + whatever stats she gains in 2-P and 2-3

So he's definitely less durable than them. That said I don't think this is terribly relevant since we aren't actually going to send untransformed laguz to take hits. I've used laguz a lot (including cats) and barely ever saw mid-enemy phase detransformation; it's usually easy enough to count enemies in range and make sure you're grassed up if necessary.

lol Mordecai's stupid

Give him Resolve and he's really good

Mordecai
I'd type up something really long about how uber Mordy really is, and how underrated he is, but I'll just link you to this topic I made awhile back.
Basically, you don't **** around with 32 base def.
8.5/10
Relevant, though maybe a tad over-rated (I gave him a 7.5).
Edited by Soul~!

Kieran

Growthrates (%)

HP: 75

Strength: 60

Magic: 15

Skill: 40

Speed: 30

Luck: 30

Defense: 60

Resistance: 25

Skill: gamble

Affinity: wind

Like Geoffrey, Kieran comes up with high base level and great bases.

He's great in 2-2 and alright in 3-9.

However when he joins the GM’s, you won’t have a free spot for him anymore most likely, because you have an amazing axe paladin with Titania already.

His availibility is a bit better than Geoffrey’s, but nontheless Kieran is only one of many average axe users later on.

Usable in 4-2 since his base speed is high enough not to get doubled by some enemies.

Gamble is pointless on him untill you can forge an axe for him.

5.5 / 10

Astrid

Growthrates:

HP: 55

Strength: 40

Magic: 20

Skill: 45

Speed: 40

Luck: 70

Defense: 30

Resistance: 50

Skill: paragon

Affinity: wind

If you look at her growthrates, I guess you can make your own opinion very fast. A physical unit with a <=40% growth in str, skl, spd + def in FE10 just sucks.

Combined with her awful bases she’ll become a walking target. If she doesn’t level speed, she’ll get doubled in 3-9.

Even parablossom doesn’t help her.

She’s good for bit chipping in 2-2 and 3-9 and that’s it!

It’s a shame because she’s the only female character who can use the double bow.

With transfer boosts she’s not as awful as she is without them, but still totally outclassed by Shinon and Rolf. Even Leonardo can shine more than her because he has somewhat decent bases at least.

2.5 / 10

Makalov

Growthrates (%)

HP: 55

Magic: 15

Skill: 40

Speed: 75

Luck: 45

Defense: 50

Affinity: thunder

Skill: -

Makalov starts with a lower level than Geoffrey and Kieran and he’s not as great as them because he lacks on base speed to double all the enemies.

However he has the biggest potential of all Crimean Knights, if you look at his growthrates. He has the highest speedgrowth in the game and 50% defense is pretty damn great too.

Unfortunately he shares the problem with Kieran that he joins the GM’s with not so high level and bases and you’ll have much higher leveled units already.

However if you give him several levels in 2-2 and 3-9, he can become really useful in part 4. Probably too late…

4.5 / 10

Danved

Growthrates

HP: 75

Magic: 20

Skill: 30

Speed: 45

Luck: 60

Defense: 45

Affinity: fire

Seriously I don’t even know why Danved exists.

First he’s a mix of Nephenee and Aran. He’s stronger than Neph, but not as strong and tanky as Aran. He’s faster than Aran, but not as fast as Neph.

He has no real weaknesses but no real strengths either. And that’s his major weakness.

Aran’s strength and bulkyness and Nephenee’s speed will outclass him. You want to go for one of these two.

He's good in 2-2  and ok in 3-9.

4.5 / 10

Calill

Growthrates

HP: 35

Strength: 25

Magic: 45

Skill: 60

Speed: 55

Luck: 55

Defense: 15

Resistance: 50

Affinity: darkness

Calill also suffers on availibility problems. She only has two chapters to grow till she joins GM’s.

She comes with not so great bases (worse than Tormod for being one level above him). Her growthrates are ok, but not amazing.

Since you have Soren as your magic user and Sanaki as fire mage is forced in the endgame, there’s no real reason to hurt yourself and make her somehow usable in the endgame.

Many people like to bless Rexfire for Calill because of Sanaki’s strength issue, but Ena and Gareth can fix this, so you don’t need to waste an endgame spot with someone you don’t really want to use for the endgame.

She's ok, but never really needed unless in the chapters you can bring her.

5 / 10

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Kieran - He's not bad. Just not great. He can handle himself, but he's never actually really good aside from his first couple of chapters. Decidedly above average but not really worth using. 5.5 /10

Astrid - Horrible. Paragon is nice for her, but those base stats are lousy. She has a bow thank the lord so she can actually stay out of harms way, but her strength is so bad it hardly even matters. Bad when you first get her, and worse when she returns. Somehow she's not the worst unit in the game, but man... She's awful. I'd put her in the unholy trinity of bad with her being the best of the worst. 1.5 /10

Makalov - Pretty mediocre but still pretty usable. He's like Kieran with more accuracy but less strength and defense. Too bad he doesn't have enough speed to double. He just ends up being kinda difficult to use. Probably the third worst mount to use overall. Oh wait, no Renning exist. Maybe...? Geez, there are a lot of lackluster units in this game.

3.5 / 10

Danved - He's okay. That's all. He's not hard to use, but he's just outperformed by a lot of units.

5 / 10.

Callil - Same boat as Danved. I give her an extra .5 on the account that she's one of the only mage types to be able to hit 34 speed which is nice, and it's pretty realistic to reach with her too. The best part is she has enough time to raise her staff rank too as well as her Fire rank. Getting SS is easy, and getting an okay staff rank isn't too hard either. Just slap paragon on her and she's okay.

5.5 / 10

Edited by Augestein

Kieran:

He's like Geoffrey. He can be good, but he doesn't have much availability, so if you wanna use him then you have to favor him a LOT, unlike some other units in Part 2 you get that rejoin quickly in Part 3. But *shrugs* availability hurts him. Still not terrible, though.

6/10

Astrid:

She starts off incredibly weak and really needs a lot of babying to really go anywhere, and a certain Paragon skill. Is it worth it? Not with Shinon around...although her horse gives her good movement. But no seriously, she's pretty bad.

2.5/10

Makalov:

He's really just kind of mediocre all the way around. He has some good growths, like his speed and defense, but by the time you can make use of them, it'll probably be too late.

5/10

Danved:

Is he Aran? No. Nephenee? No. Then ignore.

4/10

Calill:

She's not really around enough to make sufficient use of, not when you get Soren and Sanaki is forced in the final Endgame. But she's useful for those Part 2 chapters she's in.

5/10

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

kieran - decent, only issue is he's not around long enough so like the rest of the crimea knights, he's underleveled, and kieran in particular needs effort to double stuff. very usable in part 4 (can't remember if he's locked to hawk army or not), but his speed cap doesn't make him a great endgame choice, so he gets screwed over a bit. so kind of like marcia, but way less potential. 6/10

astrid - yikes, where to even begin. same availability problems as marcia and kieran, but horrrrible bases. can't damage anything, can't withstand much. her best contribution is giving paragon to a high potential but underlevelled unit. it's a shame the devs screwed up a really good character from path of radiance, both as a unit and as a character. 2/10

makalov - not as horrible as astrid, but still pretty bad. the crimea knight chapters are mostly geoffrey, kieran, and marcia doing all the heavy lifting, and he can't really contribute much because swords aren't doing much damage, and he's not doubling much at base. doesn't really have much long-term potential either. 3/10

danved - he's way more usable than astrid and makalov. his speed and attack are decently mid-tier. unfortunately he's outclassed both by his fellow knights, and the mercs and all the units he joins up with later. 5/10

calil - she's alright. having a chipper in 2-e and 3-9 is nice. she can also contribute on the last hawk army chapter with the laguz. if you like her, rexflame gives her a lot of endgame potential (though i personally just go with sanaki because she's forced). 5.5/10

Kieran: 5.5/10. Geoffrey except he can be used in 3-11, 3-E, and (first map of splitpath), and therefore isn't underlevelled for (second map of splitpath). He's nothing special but tends to see some use as filler in Part 4 since you have 30+ deployment slots, and Kieran's stats/movement are solid enough.

Astrid: 1/10. Completely worthless. Using her in 2-3 or 2-E is a risk that you lose her valuable Paragon, no thanks. Her growths are seriously awful, I used her in endgame once and she was junk even with the Double Bow. She's not as terrible at base as Fiona (the nice HP for her level helps), but unlike Fiona she stays bad forever.

Makalov: 4/10. He has great growths but never really gets a chance to shine. In Part 2 his mediocre bases hold him back (def is decent, str/spd need work), and lategame he does nothing other gold knights don't do better. In the middle if you decide to favour him his speed growth will make him solid in the part 4 splitpath. So he's kinda like Kieran but with a considerably worse start.

Danved: 4/10. He's the fastest CRK at base, and isn't weak to the Horseslayer in 2-3 + can climb ledges in 3-9. Otherwise, no mount hurts him in all other situations, and he's not as tanky as the non-Astrid paladins (even base Makalov), nor does he have Marcia's 2 weapons + flight, etc.

Calill: 6/10. Well she's the best Sage in the game (Soren has worse stats and is stuck on the bad Part 4 path for mages), that's worth... not much, but hey. Decent mag/spd growth so she can perform solidly enough and is actually pretty damn good at endgame with 34 speed + taking out corner auras and other enemies on cover (Sanaki doesn't compare at all, she's never getting 39 AS even WITH a red dragon). Still she has to gain a lot of levels in a short amount of time, Paragon in 3-9 helps but it certainly keeps her from a high score.

Female fire arch sages have only a speed cap of 32, same as Sanaki's.

So Calill and Sanaki need Nasir to double the aura with rexfire.

Also Sanaki can double the aura very well, if you can bring her speed to 31.

She needs only one strength point to use rexfire without speed reduction, if Ena and Gareth stand next to her.

8 strength should be very possible to reach in the final map, so she normally should require only one red dragon.

Best sage is technically Sanaki because she has the highest caps.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Kieran: He's almost as good as Geoffrey at base and gets a little more availability too. He's one of the more trainable CRKs and will not be as painful to catch up. He's got some great strength and good durability, but Gamble is a pretty bad skill for Kieran so you might as well take it off of him and hand it over to someone with more accuracy. He's nothing exceptional and he's going to be fighting for deployment but he's decent filler.

Astrid: Despite having Paragon and being capable of utilizing the Parablossom combo, Astrid is abysmal. She's weak, she's slow, she's frail, she's level 1 and her inability to set herself up for enemy phase means her growth rate is abysmal too. She'll do OK chipping a few enemies here and there since at least she can Canto out of the way, but her damage output is bad. Everything that was good about Astrid in PoR has been stripped from her here, for no reason. And since she's with the CRKs, who have some of the worst availability in the game, there's no real way for Astrid to ever kick into Parablossom-fueled greatness.

Makalov: He's ok. He's kind of weak to begin with but with a bit of prodding he has some nice growths and he's not set too far behind. If he had more chapters, like the rest of the CRKs, he'd probably be pretty damn good. He wishes he could one-round a few more units though. There's not much to say except that Makalov is pretty much the embodiment of an average unit.

Danved: Exists to be one of the few CRKs who is NOT weak to a Horseslayer. Much like Makalov, he's not really sturdy enough to hold the line and not really fast enough to take anyone out in one round at base. However unlike Makalov, Danved is more spread out with his growths but with a bias towards HP and luck, which isn't really helpful when you size him up next to other infantry. Danved is good enough at his job in the chapters that focus on the CRKs but is extremely unlikely to find a place in your part 4 deployment.

Calill: If you want to use Rexflame with a naturally fast user, Calill is your best best. She's tied as the speediest of all magic users, though it comes at a cost. Her magic growth may lag behind and she could really use whatever magic dust you have laying around. Thankfully there's not really anyone else who needs it, though. She also starts off with a Meteor, which is really handy for when you just need to nuke something far away. Even though mages are all universally not so great in this game, I really like to baby Calill because she gets some really good results with Rexflame whereas Sanaki can hang onto Cymbeline and any remaining siege tomes instead. Nihil is a nice bonus to leave on her if you decide to bring her all the way.

Sanaki averages 29.7 speed and 9.6 strength at 20/20, never mind that 20/20 is a higher level than I'd expect Sanaki to hit without blatant favouritism. (And at no point is it practical to BExp her for those stats, they're two of her lowest growths.)

Meanwhile Calill hits 32 speed at 20/10, and always has enough strength.

Edited by Dark Holy Elf

Sanaki averages 29.7 speed and 9.6 strength at 20/20, never mind that 20/20 is a higher level than I'd expect Sanaki to hit without blatant favouritism. (And at no point is it practical to BExp her for those stats, they're two of her lowest growths.)

Meanwhile Calill hits 32 speed at 20/10, and always has enough strength.

Pretty much this. Sanaki's base strength and speed is really bad, with bad growth, and she has so little time to fix it. She has all of the usual mage problems but doesn't cap ram anything to fix her problematic stats until extremely late. She *might* reach the level where she can use Rexflame but honestly that extra 2 magic for the cost of positioning flexibility isn't really worth it. The fact that she needs to sandwich herself next to Gareth/Ena and Nasir is depriving someone with a physical weapon of a more direct boost in power. Calill only needs to stand next to Nasir. Calill also exceeds Sanaki's durability, so Sanaki is only marginally a better mage than Calill.

I wouldn't even consider Sanaki better than Soren or Calill due to a lack of staff rank.

I don't deny that Sanaki's bases are awful and her speed growth is bad (her strength isn't though).

But by giving her paragon in part 4 she will reach the level in endgame to make it easier to fix her strength and speed.

(in 95% of my runs I was successful to bring her speed to 31 by giving bexp.)

If she wasn't forced in endgame, I'd rate Calill better than Sanaki.

Since Sanaki is forced, I rate her higher than Calill.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Female fire arch sages have only a speed cap of 32, same as Sanaki's.

So Calill and Sanaki need Nasir to double the aura with rexfire.

Also Sanaki can double the aura very well, if you can bring her speed to 31.

She needs only one strength point to use rexfire without speed reduction, if Ena and Gareth stand next to her.

8 strength should be very possible to reach in the final map, so she normally should require only one red dragon.

Best sage is technically Sanaki because she has the highest caps.

That may be true on paper, but I don't consider it worth it in actual practice - it'd take more than a meager 2 extra damage to make up for the lack of positioning flexibility. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

@Jules: Can you up my vote for Geoffrey from 4 to 5.5? I was thinking a bit and I think I weighted his weak endgame too harsh, compared to some of my previous scores. Sorry and thanks!

Kieran - 5.5/10. Second best unit of the Crimean Knights all around. Quite valuable in their chapters and he does better than Geoffrey when he joins the main crew, simply because of his earlier rejointime.

Astrid - 1.5/10. Not quite as terrible as Meg and Fiona, but still really bad. Innate paragon isn't even remotely as valuable as it was in PoR and her base stats are just not good, even for a level 2 unit. Simply not a good unit.

Makalov - 3.5/10. His growths are really good and if he gets some transfers, he'll be able to use BEXP as a Gold Knight relatively early. Still, his start is overshadowed by Geoffrey and Kieran and it's not like he's going to be a god-tier unit in the lategame.

Danved - 4.5/10. He actually has a little bit of unique utility in the CK chapters by being a non-mounted unit, namely ledge-climbing and not dying to a horseslayer. Long-term, he's just another OK unit if invested into.

Calill - 5/10. Best sage in the game, although that's not a big accomplishment. Her biggest Thing in the lategame is probably Rexflame without speed penalty, even if she doesn't proc Str at all. Still, unit slots for the tower are limited and stronger options are still plenty, so I'll keep her score average.

^ Changed your vote in the table.

Also I rethought some ratings.
I changed a few of my votes:

Aran: From 6 down to 5, because he's really not great in HM and it would be kinda unfair towards Laura to give him a higher ranking than her since healing is way more important than another "filler". Hard mode forces you to use only a very small number of first tier units. (Edward, Nolan, Jill, maybe Leonardo) In hard mode I'd rank Leo even better than him because range weapon users are very rare in part 3 and Lugnasadh makes him a lot better. However Aran is very decent in EM and NM. So I give Leonardo and Aran the exact same rating.

Tauroneo: From 6 down to 5.5, simply because he's only really helpful in 3-13. In 3-12 he can't do all that much.

BK: Removed my rating.

Nealuchi: From 3.5 to 4, because he's available in one more chapter than Lethe who got a 3.5. This makes him a bit better than her.

Mordecai: From 5.5 to 6, because he's at least as useful as Muarim. His base speed is slower than Muarim's, but therefore he has a better availibility and Soul's post convinced me to give both the same rating.

Geoffrey: From 4 to 5, because Kieran's higher availibilty doesn't change all that much. When he joins GM's there's no place for him and he's only really usable in 4-2. One chapter difference of availibility makes a difference of 0.5 points for me.

Makalov: From 5.5 to 5, because his base level isn't as good as Kieran's and Geoffrey's. However he still can oneround some cavaliers with the steel blade you can buy in the amory of 2-2.

kieran (can't remember if he's locked to hawk army or not)

no, he's not

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Kieran: 5.5

Kieran has a strong start and it shows, he's definitely the second/third best in the CRK for chapter 2-3. He's also got more potential than Geoffrey to grow into something else but ultimately like the rest of the group he suffers from low availability. Kieran is also riddled with speed issues and for endgame there are other paladins that have better speed caps than him which makes him seem less of an amazing choice.

Astrid: 4.5

Astrid is the most fragile member of the CRK and like the rest of them she has to play catch-up but is ultimately hurt by low availability. However she also grows the fastest compared to them because of innate paragon and because she's under-leveled. She is helpful in the CRK chapters and noticed that she compliments Makalov's chipping for kills. She also has the potential to use para-blossom which I find very helpful into turning her into a better combat unit.

Makalov: 5.5

Makalov is the reverse of Kieran, he has a rough start but a much better ending because of his superior speed growth. Kieran uses axes and Makalov uses swords. Kieran is very responsible and Makalov is very irresponsible, etc. It's a shame that the CRK's potential was cut short by low availability, a lot of their issues would be fixed if they were available longer.

Danved: 5

He's a decent unit in the CRK chapters and then falls off the map and has to play catch up like the rest of them. I mean his bases are really close to Oscar's bases. What the heck were they thinking? lol. They should have either given the CRK superior bases or more availability.

Calill: 6

Calill is much safer to use than Ilyana or Soren because she's got a better speed growth and unlike Soren she can go to Micaiah's team. I wish she were available longer though because she's my favorite anima sage.