• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added all the votes from your comments.

This caused a couple of changes:

• Zihark is ahead of Sothe again.
  • Tauroneo became from E to D-tier.

If someone else commented but didn't vote in the polls all the time, then post here with your ratings or send me a PM.

I will only take the votes in the poll in account.

I only accept votes from your comments, if the poll is passed already.

Nailah - Like the other Laguz gods, she is an unstoppable juggernaut, only slowed down by her inability to counter at range.

9.5/10

The Black Knight - The Black Knight is easily the most valuable team member in two of the three chapters he is available. In 1-9 because he is all you get and in 1-E because making progress on that map without him or Nailah is one hell of a slog and unlike Nailah he can clear the ledges. But he is lacking in Part 3 since he shows up so late that he misses most of the action.

8.0/10

Edited by BrightBow

Nailah - I mean she's no Tibarn or Caineghis, but she has some awesome stats + formshift is the most ridiculous thing ever when you pair it up against a laguz that can't formshift. 9/10

Black Knight - You can't really say anything bad about him. For the chapters he's available for it's impossible for him to die and he'll ORK anyone in the chapters he's available. 10/10

I voted 0 for the Black Knight only because I wanted to vote for Nailah. Feel free to strike it from the record if you want.

I find it odd to tier the Black Knight, despite him having more availability than some other characters, due to his nature as a temporary character. It's not like we tier Orson in FE8, for example. And giving him a high score because it's nigh-impossible to beat 1-9 without him also feels odd since it's not like we automatically give Edward high marks for making 1-P possible, or Brom/Nephenee in 2-1, etc.

I find it odd to tier the Black Knight, despite him having more availability than some other characters, due to his nature as a temporary character. It's not like we tier Orson in FE8, for example. And giving him a high score because it's nigh-impossible to beat 1-9 without him also feels odd since it's not like we automatically give Edward high marks for making 1-P possible, or Brom/Nephenee in 2-1, etc.

I had the same misgivings when I voted against ranking him.

I probably would not personally have held a ranking the Black Knight, but it doesn't bother me that we are (and since we are, I'd like my opinion to count).

The Black Knight - The Black Knight is easily the most valuable team member in two of the three chapters he is available. In 1-9 because he is all you get and in 1-E because making progress on that map without him or Nailah is one hell of a slog and unlike Nailah he can clear the ledges.

I usually give Nailah Pass for that map so that she can easily clear ledges and go wherever the hell she wants; I find it offers amazing control of the map (with 9 move and no penalty for moving over ledges, Nailah can pretty much go anywhere and troubleshoot), and I don't really miss Pass in Part 3.

I voted 0 for the Black Knight only because I wanted to vote for Nailah. Feel free to strike it from the record if you want.

Tbf I was questioning about debating BK as well since he only appears for three chapters in the game and isn't available at the end.

But I guess the reason why he's ranked is that he's playable. And in the three chapters he definetly fulfills a certain purpose.

Also I'll cut your zero.

It's the nature of the game. If RD was like any other FE game where you gradually build an army and they (mostly) never leave once they've joined, I would say BK doesn't need to be rated. But with so much team switching going on it feels pointless to cut him out just because he's not there at the end when no one questions rating characters like Gareth and Nasir even though we have them for less time.

The Dark Knight

He's obviously (realistically) necessary for 1-9, and he makes 1-E a shit ton easier by enabling people up ledges (when everyone and their mother has Hit issues, no less). Taking up certain chokepoints and/or being a wall really come in handy if you want to pace things up a bit, too

He pretty much ceases to exist at 3-6, but his contributions are probably about tied with Nailah's for best of 1-E.

Nailah

I found her a little hard to rate, considering it would be unfair for Volug (who's doing A LOT more for the team, and longer) to put her about a 9. Then again, it seems like I'm not penalising people for their (lack of) availability as much as others would, and I take their actual performance more into account.

She's pretty much BK with the 1-2 range/Mobility trade-off. I'd consider her the actual best royal, considering she's around a little longer. Oh, and She-Wolf bias.[/b]

I found her a little hard to rate, considering it would be unfair for Volug (who's doing A LOT more for the team, and longer) to put her about a 9.

I think people put way too much emphasis on "what they do for the team." Every unit contributes, so Volug really isn't doing as much as people claim. Sothe is solid, Jill is good, Zihark helps, Muarim appears and destroys Volug, Vika isn't half bad either in part 1. There's a ton of great units in the DB after Volug shows up. It's not fair to Naliah to somehow say she's worse because she doesn't "contribute as much." Naliah contributes like a boss in every chapter she can be present, and unlike the BK, she doesn't leave you. Volug really doesn't do as much for the team as some claim. He's just a good unit. Volug still is a growth unit as well, because without a couple of levels, he's not ready to go into endgame. That alone makes Naliah leagues ahead of him.

Using the BK might seem good, but all of the EXP goes into a void. For that, he's not a perfect unit in my eyes because he leaves. Even if he has 1-2 range, and is practically impervious to damage, every kill he gets is EXP that just straight up goes into a black hole and makes it harder on my units.

7 / 10. Overuse on the chapters you have him can make the chapters themselves easier, but he doesn't help your team overall because he's not around all of the time. And in the desert map he's pretty garbage. If you hate the DB, or traded Zihark and Jill over to the GMs, he can be a lifesaver. Best used sparingly.

It's the nature of the game. If RD was like any other FE game where you gradually build an army and they (mostly) never leave once they've joined, I would say BK doesn't need to be rated. But with so much team switching going on it feels pointless to cut him out just because he's not there at the end when no one questions rating characters like Gareth and Nasir even though we have them for less time.

All the same, he's literally the only unit other than Micaiah that's usable for 1-9. This would likely make for an awkward situation, to be sure.

uh, no. Volug is really fucking good. He's pretty much 2nd best in Part 1 (not counting Jill with transfers and resources).

He 1RKO's consistently (and if he doesn't, it's just more kills for your 1rst Tiers while building his rank. He's also your most mobile and packs a ton of durability. By the time Nailah's arrived, he's done his deed (and at a time your team most needs it). He's not really competing with anyone but Sothe. Fast-forward to Part 3, and he's once again your 2nd best (next to a trained Jill w/ resources, that is). He gets his full stats, S-rank and should have at least A-B rank with someone, which only adds to his already-mean durability (he can take two hits from the strongest enemy-types...if not, dodge).

Best part, he's virtually free of charge (only requires you to actually use him). Nailah does leave, and doesn't come back until Part 4. She's not better because she's only god-modding chapters she exists in.

uh, no. Volug is really fucking good. He's pretty much 2nd best in Part 1 (not counting Jill with transfers and resources).

He 1RKO's consistently (and if he doesn't, it's just more kills for your 1rst Tiers while building his rank. He's also your most mobile and packs a ton of durability. By the time Nailah's arrived, he's done his deed (and at a time your team most needs it). He's not really competing with anyone but Sothe. Fast-forward to Part 3, and he's once again your 2nd best (next to a trained Jill w/ resources, that is). He gets his full stats, S-rank and should have at least A-B rank with someone, which only adds to his already-mean durability (he can take two hits from the strongest enemy-types...if not, dodge).

Best part, he's virtually free of charge (only requires you to actually use him). Nailah does leave, and doesn't come back until Part 4. She's not better because she's only god-modding chapters she exists in.

He's solid in part 1 but gets garbage for EXP. Meanwhile people like Tormod have 1-2 range which makes him better than Volug, BK who is in the same boat but trades a couple of move for WTF durability, Sothe has 1-2 range, and is pretty godlike in the first part as well. Tauroneo takes a dump on Volug too. Taro can safely be in resolve range and go to town with a javelin. No. He's not even close to "pretty much the best unit in Part 1." He gets hurt by mages pretty badly and most of them in part 1 are fire as well (and probably for that reason).

By the time Naliah arrives, she's just plain better than him. 1-8. Crushes him. She's practically invincible. Ditto for Endgame. You can actually screw up and get Volug killed by this point. By part 3, Volug is not second best. Jill crushes him by part 3, Zihark can best him as well and levels up faster to boot, Nolan with Tarvos and a defense support is better and can do things like Beastfoe to level up fast. Heck, Edward with a couple of kills with paragon easily catches up to Volug as well. Volug isn't bad, but at this point, he's no longer the king of the hill, and now that he has to deal with a gauge or being halfshifted, he's definitely not seeming nearly as strong as your leveled DBers. I mean seriously, most of your DB units with an earth affinity support can actually reliably dodge if they are front liners. In 3-13, he can't even kill things from ledges like pretty much everyone can which forces him to either fight on the front, or stand at a ledge and do nothing-- consequently this means that if he gets hurt, he can't sub out for other people as easily because he can't range attack.

Naliah leaves, yep. And is still crushing him at every given moment she's there and is able to be fielded for the endgame stretch-- where she's better than him. So essentially you're saying Volug > Naliah because he's solid in chapters that she's not there even though every chapter she is there, she's better than him. Being there shouldn't count that much for a character. Meanwhile Volug still needs to be "used" so to speak to be good in endgame. I'm not seeing how a unit like that is better. At all. And I fail to see why Naliah should be hurt for that as a unit. Otherwise people like Tormod and Vika need to be reevaluated. Same for Edward, as he's the best unit in the Prologue, and 2nd best in chapter 1.

I agree with Augestein - Volug is constantly in the shadow of others throughout part 1, and he also struggles to remain relevant late in part 1. In part 3, he has to deal with gauge.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I cut down the two zeros for BK as requested.

Elincia

Growthrates (%)

HP: 45

Strength: 65

Magic: 40

Skill: 50

Speed: 70

Luck: 60

Defense: 20

Resistance: 50

Skill: renewal

Affinity: heaven

Elincia is one of the most improved characters in FE10. She starts third tier with not so great bases for her level but her growthrates are pretty damn great. Furthermore Amiti became much better. It’s basically a silver weapon with brave effect and better accuracy. She can oneround everything in 3-F except for Ludveck (unless stun is activated). Futhermore she can heal from long range.

Her only weakness is that she’s off after that till part 4. In part 4 she joins underleveled with a pointless skill. She definitely needs paragon in 4-2 to catch up and become amazing.

She can even oneround an inside aura with 2x blood tribe and white pool. Thanks to heaven affinity any A-support gives her a guaranteed hitrate against the auras.

Elincia’s not only the best healer in the game, but also an amazing combat unit thanks to Amiti.

9 / 10

Marcia

Growthrates (%)

HP: 65

Strength: 30

Magic: 20

Skill: 40

Speed: 65

Luck: 50

Defense: 35

Resistance: 35

Skill: -

Affinity: fire

Marcia took a nerf because Elincia and two the dracoknights became much better while her strength growth became weaker. She has one of the worst strength growths of all the Beorcs who wield physical weapons.

So much more she needs a transfer boost in strength at least to become really useful in the beginning already.

If she has boosts in strength, skill and speed, she can almost solo 2-2 (I normally give her 90% of the kills) and give her all the levels because she’s the only one of the Crimean Knights who is really worthy to be trained.

In 3-9 she can finish this chapter really quicky, if she has 23 strength, maxed speed and the brave lance. Furthermore she can also do a splendid job in the desert map.

All in all Marcia isn’t as awesome as she was in FE9, but still pretty good and definitely endgame material.

7.5 / 10

Edited by Eleanor Hume

8.5/10 for Elincia. She is an amazing combat unit that can also heal.

7.5/10 for Marcia. She's one of the best part 2 characters to invest in for later use, but just look out for the occasional crossbow (unless you give her Nullify).

I cut down the two zeros for BK as requested.

Just to be sure, you did null out my score, right?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

yes, look at the Excel-table in the title post

(he still got a zero by someone)

I just waned to be sure, because I changed my score later after I gave the OK to nulling it out.

Elincia

Best healer in the game, a surprisingly good combat unit, has a good weapon and affinity...she's great! She might be a tad squishier, but given her class and her primary focus (healing) it's not really a huge mark against her. She's one of the absolute best units to use in Part 2, and I always bring her into the Endgame.

9/10

Marcia

She's okay, and if you wanna put the time into her she'll become a pretty decent unit, most likely outdoing Tanith. But I find Sigrun to be a bit better, and if we go outside the Pegasus Knights then I think both Jill and Haar outdo her. But, still, she's okay.

7/10

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Elincia - Hm. So, she's pretty amazing for 2-E...if you don't quick-clear it with Haar. When she comes back in part 4, she's good, but not really amazing. I just wish Mercy was a command skill instead of always being active. 8/10

Marcia - Marcia is nice. She's not great, but she doesn't require too much effort to function well. Just watch that Str growth. 7/10

Elincia is the best healer in the game, hands down. Technically Micaiah will heal for more and have more fortify range, but Elincia does enough without being as fragile. Elincia still has a gigantic range and enough magic to heal people to full health. Her offensive prowess is unmatched among healers, considering she actually has passable strength and an amazing personal sword. She was only good for staff utility in PoR but now Elincia finally has an offensive presense too.

Marcia has a pretty bad strength base and not a good growth, so you might end up dropping her if her stats don't cooperate. However this game really loves fliers and having a trained Marcia is going to help a lot in the future, so she's worth the investment. At the very least you'll want to keep Marcia in mind when you need to cross that one bridge...

elincia - really good in 2-e, as a healer and offensive unit. if haar can't double the boss with the hammer, she can help finish him off. part 4 again she's good, though now she needs to pick up some levels to really do effective damage with her amiti. easily the best healer for endgame, and the fact that she already has her own weapon for blessing makes it even better. flight is awesome obviously. 8.5/10

marcia - hmm, i think transfers make a lot of difference here. she's solid in 2-e, though obviously not on the level of haar or elincia. her strength isn't the best, and her availability part 2 and the tail end of part 3 is not quite as many chapters as she would like to grow and catch up with the mercs, but it's certainly doable. her strength is the main problem, but borrowing geoffrey's brave and taking the adept in the 3-9 base certainly helps. really good in part 4, including endgame, if you want to train her. the peg knights in general are valuable for clearing the desert and making endgame more efficient. 7.5/10

Edited by Radiant head